Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Barry Foster posted:

I didn't realise literally everything would be closed

Have you been living under a rock for the last couple of weeks. Can’t open a shop up, that would be DISRESPECTING THE MEMORY OF ARE QUEEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Scientastic posted:

Have you been living under a rock for the last couple of weeks. Can’t open a shop up, that would be DISRESPECTING THE MEMORY OF ARE QUEEN

Yeah, but I figured, like, the little co-op would be open. Or the petrol station wild bean cafe. Or something

That said, yes, I have been avoiding all this nonsense to the absolute best of my abilities

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I also forgot it was a bank holiday so the cafe at my office is shut even though we’re open because we’ve been treating it as business as usual in the run up.

We seem to be the only company in the building who are disrespecting Our Lizzie in this way.

Gonna be a long hungry day.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah, but I figured, like, the little co-op would be open. Or the petrol station wild bean cafe. Or something

That said, yes, I have been avoiding all this nonsense to the absolute best of my abilities

Highland Council are disrespecting are Lizzy by picking up the bins today, for which I am grateful

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Barry Foster posted:

Fear of being mobbed by lunatics and lunatic-adjacent sheep who are also afraid of being outed for not caring

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Brands etc today

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Laffo, in my LBC Alexa morning news update they just said an estimated 4 Billion people are expected to tune in and watch the queen's funeral.

More than half the world!

Given only 400,000 odd people turned up to lavish praise on the box, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration unless every media platform on the planet is hard locked to it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

News just in, Celtic fans chanted anti-royal things. It just seems so unlike them. Apparently UEFA is meant to stop this sort of thing, why is that?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was quite surprised everything was closed too, though I found out about it late last week.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Actually using posh whiskies in cocktails owns and citrus in general can really complement the stronger flavours of great whisky. I will personally fistfight anyone that disagrees.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

ewe2 posted:

News just in, Celtic fans chanted anti-royal things. It just seems so unlike them. Apparently UEFA is meant to stop this sort of thing, why is that?

Celtic are an Irish club and thus hate the English and the queen.

You are not allowed to do politics at the football so that is why they are getting investigated.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/boca_meda/status/1571573062063063043

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

This dude hosed around then found out.

But the police were too heavy handed.

What are these splinters in my arse.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

notaspy posted:

Celtic are an Irish club and thus hate the English and the queen.

You are not allowed to do politics at the football so that is why they are getting investigated.

:scotland: Not an Irish club. :scotland: They do have a lot of Irish supporters, though if you think it was just them then: :lol:

There used to be Belfast Celtic F.C. but they disbanded in 1949 when the mostly catholic supporters they were violently attacked by protestant supporters of Linfield F.C. :ughh:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm really loving sick of all these stupid bastards on the telly pontiifcating about how loving amazing the royals are and how it's incredible how hard they work and all the terrible hardships they endure.

Absolutely loaded and protected by the resources of an entire country, literally impossible for them to come to any sort of harm and no expense will be spared to keep them in a state of utter idyll, any loving poor bastard who works a normal job and has to live with the threat of starving to death if they don't keep at it, their families and kids maybe too, ten thousand times more admirable than any one of these loving rich cunts.

Christ I wish I could snap my fingers and rot everyone one of them from the inside.

I hope there's others watching it and getting turned the same way cos christ alive this poo poo is nauseating.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Does anyone have any idea what's happening in Leicester? My understanding is that groups of Hindu and Muslim lads are trying to pogrom each other and the police can't work out what to do, but the need is being a bit drowned out by queen deadathon 2022 so I'm not sure what is happening and why

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
i would say it's been an opportune moment for folks to tell on themselves but there haven't really been any massive surprises there

as set of performative rituals it's boring as gently caress too, at least roll out some druids with swords, burn some effigies or have people paid to scream and rend their clothes at least

I think I'm gonna do some chores then accidentally over medicate myself

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Does anyone have any idea what's happening in Leicester? My understanding is that groups of Hindu and Muslim lads are trying to pogrom each other and the police can't work out what to do, but the need is being a bit drowned out by queen deadathon 2022 so I'm not sure what is happening and why

Big cricket match.

I'll elaborate a little more...
Pakistan Vs India.
Some flags got ripped off a building afterwards and it's kind of just escalated from there.

If it's more general why Pakistan and India don't like each other, well it's like many of these situations. It goes back generations and involves the British.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 19, 2022

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OwlFancier posted:

I'm really loving sick of all these stupid bastards on the telly pontiifcating about how loving amazing the royals are and how it's incredible how hard they work and all the terrible hardships they endure.

Absolutely loaded and protected by the resources of an entire country, literally impossible for them to come to any sort of harm and no expense will be spared to keep them in a state of utter idyll, any loving poor bastard who works a normal job and has to live with the threat of starving to death if they don't keep at it, their families and kids maybe too, ten thousand times more admirable than any one of these loving rich cunts.

Christ I wish I could snap my fingers and rot everyone one of them from the inside.

I hope there's others watching it and getting turned the same way cos christ alive this poo poo is nauseating.

:hmmyes:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

Big cricket match

Always said we should ban cricket

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Fucks sake

https://twitter.com/graceldean/status/1571643628803575813?s=46&t=NfMXSE3F_X9tqQI6Vxr26w

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It is the left what is antisemitic for not showing enough respect to queen

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look it's the most important thing in the history of the planet so we should make all other memorials into queen memorials.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Happy Death Day to all who celebrate, and wishing you many more

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Extremely normal

https://twitter.com/shirleymush/status/1571765896699432960?s=46&t=vLWiQgxfXL0buhor7n9m6g

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

forkboy84 posted:

Laphroaig based cocktail sounds odd. I'm sure it's a relatively normal thing but i dunno, it seems like the thing makes Laphroaig lovely, the hit you in the face with a brick strong flavours, would make it tricky as a cocktail base.

Laphroaig makes a dammed good negroni.

I am attempting to actively avoid news and TV today because I am so done with funeral poo poo.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Barry Foster posted:

You don't have a thread-approved apocalypse stash in?
Admittedly, my stash is all boring stuff that I never fancy (but that's the point - so I don't eat it in one megabinge!) but I shan't starve.

Apparently it is also International Talk LIke A Pirate Day, aarrrr Jim Lad.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Sep 19, 2022

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Never realised she was a big Peru fan.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Apparently it is also International Talk LIke A Pirate Day, aarrrr Jim Lad.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
AARRRR today we be sendin’ this beloved wench to ‘er final rest wi’ Davey Jones

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/GrieveWatch/status/1571785911704092673?t=dvwnnUiPm1gsGH6p6_oPrQ&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I want this to be discovered by future archeologists and for them to come to the conclusion that all bollards were actually painted in effigy of the terrible gods of the ingurrliszhh

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

I'm working today 2PM-10PM at a SPAR shop so there's bound to be some places open, not everything is closed. (I'm also being paid normal wage also, FFFFFUCK RETAIL)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

We can enjoy a small morsel of lulz today at just how massively hosed off Boris is that he’s stuck in the cheap seats behind Gordon brown lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’ve stuck the funeral on the big screens in the office and it’s right in my eye line so I’m trapped.

Whoever/whatever is doing subtitles for the BBC is doing a stellar job though. Macron was called out as “President Mackerel” and we’ve just been introduced to “the leader of the opposition, cursed armour”.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Samael posted:

I'm working today 2PM-10PM at a SPAR shop so there's bound to be some places open, not everything is closed. (I'm also being paid normal wage also, FFFFFUCK RETAIL)

Perfidious (((EURO)))SPAR scum found guilty of Insufficient British Respect

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Cursed Armour seems so obvious! Sounds like something MGS related

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Samael posted:

your boss is stealing from you

return the favour

do they still do those plates with the red and green check design around the edge?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'm at work today and just asked out of curiousity whether they'd be putting the funeral on the TVs around site and it won't be happening as the business cheaped out and didn't buy a license this year so I am at least spared from that

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

your boss is stealing from you

return the favour

do they still do those plates with the red and green check design around the edge?
So my brother is getting paid at Tesco contracted pay plus 1.5x regular wage, so is getting £~30 an hour for stacking shelves because its closed and when I approach my manager with that info their only response was "well, we aren't tescos are we :laughing emoji: " you can bet im going to celebrate today in my own way because gently caress this company. In regards to the plates I don't think so but we have a whole display for funeral stuff in all black and white including plates and it sold out in half a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Ironic, given her husband and mother were nazis.