Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I'm a filthy casual wrestling gamer and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do in Wrestling Empire that involves all this extra content. I keep reading that you can train and raise stats and stuff but I have no idea how to do any of that. I've left the building and gone into town before and I've even gone to the gym but I have no idea how you're supposed to do anything. The only thing I figured out how to do is sleep at the hotel

But my big problem is the time limit. Whenever you go into running around mode or whatever it's called, there's always a time limit for you to get back to the arena on time for your match and it's never enough time for me to run around and truly explore. Is there a free roam mode with no time limit? And what do I do to train and raise stats? Oh and can you eat the food on the ground to regain health? I can pick it up but none of the buttons do anything other than throw it or try to use it like a weapon

There are signs in the gym that tell you how to raise your stats. You don't need to sleep at the hotel your health will refill automatically between weeks. You can taunt while holding food or drink to gain some health from it, everything but fruit or water will also make you gain weight. When it's time for you to have a match you don't have to run to the curtain, just back out to the calendar and hit proceed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

also if you dont want to do it you can just increase them using menus in between matches, very useful for when youre figuring poo poo out but are trying to meet a contract

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Cavauro posted:

i hope many of the 'taunts' available are little semi-idling animations like fixing your hair or adjusting boots rather than having to raise your arms or do the cut throat like 10 times in a match because it helps you keep your momentum. both can be in there at the same time so nobody loses if you do want to do the "suck it" 15 times

Bro if I can’t have Shiro Koshinaka’s weird rear end taunt with Takayama’s NOOO FEEEEEAAARR voice mapped to it and spam it constantly, what’s the point?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

There are signs in the gym that tell you how to raise your stats. You don't need to sleep at the hotel your health will refill automatically between weeks. You can taunt while holding food or drink to gain some health from it, everything but fruit or water will also make you gain weight. When it's time for you to have a match you don't have to run to the curtain, just back out to the calendar and hit proceed.

There's also an exploit so you can sleep to full health before every match. Just work out real quick then run out to the ring before the show starts. Time pauses if you're there once it hits show time and you can sleep there. Can even bring weights with you to work out between sleeping. Some characters may come and wake you up and tell you to leave but you don't have to.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I won my first match in Fire Pro, just doing the basics over and over. Didn't try anything fancy. Poo score in the end, but I won

I really need to get into a groove where I wrestle with one wrestler, even a CAW, and learn them back to front. There seems to be no career mode in the basic game though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

EdsTeioh posted:

Bro if I can’t have Shiro Koshinaka’s weird rear end taunt with Takayama’s NOOO FEEEEEAAARR voice mapped to it and spam it constantly, what’s the point?

i would do that online or in couch co-op. but in private where i want to obsess over the back and forth and spots and psychology of the matches that only i ever see or know about, i'd like it to be realistic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mrenda posted:

I won my first match in Fire Pro, just doing the basics over and over. Didn't try anything fancy. Poo score in the end, but I won

I really need to get into a groove where I wrestle with one wrestler, even a CAW, and learn them back to front. There seems to be no career mode in the basic game though.

there are 3 Fighting Road scenarios in the DLCs, one that comes with the first NJPW collaboration DLC, one for the NJPW Juniors and an original story written by Suda 51 that's also a sequel to the story mode he wrote for Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Random twitter dude's opinion:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1571558886964088834.html
https://twitter.com/MonsterBrunch/status/1571558886964088834?s=20&t=qWbfnfgEpLxagFCvZjexUw
tl;dr: they like it a lot.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Kvlt! posted:

also if you dont want to do it you can just increase them using menus in between matches, very useful for when youre figuring poo poo out but are trying to meet a contract

Thanks to both of you. I'll goof around with it today and see what I can figure out.

You also taunt while holding a weight to lift and gain strength, correct?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
If you want to get the striking down in Fire Pro, I suggest you give your edit any of the various middle kicks (like a roundhouse to the body). They're extremely forgiving in their hitbox, and they come out fast so you can throw a lot of them as you learn the distance.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It has become a little easier for me with time- I think a key is patience, kinda waiting for your opponent and using strikes as a kind of space denial. I feel like it’s as much about timing as the grapples are, but in a different way.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

after a long Fire Pro striking training session I can also reccomend you decompress after by booting up a brawler character in Wrestling Empire and putting a beatdown on someone. It is therapeutic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Much obliged, thank you! :tipshat:

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Trick to striking in fire pro is walking away from the ai and letting them navigate themselves into the strike hit box or just standing them up to dizzy and hitting the strike button.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAJ8Fp_polU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those electric skateboards are very expensive. i wouldn't take my meepo anywhere near combat

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Budget Dracula posted:

Trick to striking in fire pro is walking away from the ai and letting them navigate themselves into the strike hit box or just standing them up to dizzy and hitting the strike button.

This is the trick right here. Just start backing away from your opponent and they will walk towards you, into the hit box area. Best if you’re walking horizontally/along the X-axis (sorry, don’t know the proper term) as the striking seems more accurate that way.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

you guys weren't lying, that trick has completely re-awakened my interest in playing the game instead of just the management/CAW/sim part

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Cool mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5L5lbc5ow
(jump to 7:00 for the roster menu or 14:00 for the first match)

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh shiiiiiiiit. Daparty!

https://twitter.com/adamcolepro/status/1584552966790709248?s=46&t=x7BoTSQyNAyX3qdwWKGklQ

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
there's a commercial on tv for a college that uses the song in mdickie wrestling and i can't take the ad seriously at all

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is it C'MON BOUNCE

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

When studying, makr sure to KEEP IT HARD CORE

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

oh no it's a gatorade commercial using the "my time" song

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NONE OF YOU PEOPLE CAN TELL ME TO STOP

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

stop

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

My post is raising a lot of questions answered by my post

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
WWE holding the NEVER title hostage until they arrange for someone to loving come and take it is right out of Fire Promoter or MOTW.

I dig it. :black101:

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 26, 2022

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MDickie wrestling fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BoHIuC0kvs

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

can't wait to get caught in a hold and just stare at the mat for 40 minutes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i play plenty of first person games and never had a problem but i found out what it feels like for all the people who get motion sickness from them now

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This makes me want to plug my switch in for the first time I'm ages. When did mdickie get an outdoor area?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

ilmucche posted:

This makes me want to plug my switch in for the first time I'm ages. When did mdickie get an outdoor area?

It's a full on open world game now, somehow

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Drakkel posted:

It's a full on open world game now, somehow

the best wrestling game

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MDickie's vision of a carless, muscular society is the only way to avert climate disaster

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It truly is astonishing that MDickie took his game that's built on thumbtacks, bubblegum, and prayer and not only got it running flawlessly but also turned it into a full on open world game with a day/night cycle and sidequests and multiple fully simulated wrestling leagues that somehow lets you run 100 person battle royals in arenas filled with fire and exploding motorcycles and it all runs flawlessly on the Switch.

Meanwhile WWE games took like 20 years to get to the point where they can just barely manage 8 players at a buttery smooth 24 fps

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Only someone as far up his own rear end as MDickie could make wrestle empire with such confidence and somehow pull it of well enough for it to not completely suck

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IGgy IGsen posted:

Only someone as far up his own rear end as MDickie could make wrestle empire with such confidence and somehow pull it of well enough for it to not completely suck

What rules is I remember seeing his name & weird games looking for alternatives to whatever Extreme Warfare variant was around at the time. It's endearing that he's not just still making what are clearly passion projects but he even sells them on a Nintendo system.

Don't milkshake duck MDickie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wrestling games as outsider art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxXBTjoYiI