Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

runaway dog posted:

I appreciate the use spoiler tags for the next ep preview stuff so far, hope that trend sticks around for this thread, I know some of the other threads can be kind of bad about it.

It's been kind of annoying hearing people constantly say _____time skip_____ without spoiler tags since there's no way I would have known about that beforehand and this is supposed to be the spoiler-free thread, but I do appreciate those who do use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
It says it outright on IMDB and Wikipedia. There've been season previews that show it and several articles have said it. I'm not sure how you've avoided it all this time.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Chemtrailologist posted:

It says it outright on IMDB and Wikipedia. There've been season previews that show it and several articles have said it. I'm not sure how you've avoided it all this time.

It's actually super easy, don't go to the imdb or watch previews or interviews or read articles. Also, knowing that it happens, and knowing which episode its going to happen in, are two different things.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

This show kicks so much rear end.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chemtrailologist posted:

Some of us just watch the show and not the entire media hollabaloo around it.

I too appreciate the use of spoiler tags. It’s really harmless. There’s a spoiler-friendly alternative thread after all.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

book subreddits
show subreddits
imdb
episode previews
twitter

someone who knows how to avoid spoilers please help me. my family is dying

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Might be my favorite ep yet. Great show.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Zenithe posted:

It's such a weird but good choice to have Matt Daemon just not say anything and be almost entirely physical? It's honestly great.

lol Matt Daemon

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Chemtrailologist posted:

Couple things I noticed in this week's preview that we didn't see in the show. Maybe scenes yet to happen that were accidently thrown into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVKdBB9aF_8

Rematch between Ser Criston and Daemon('s stunt double)?
That's actually a new/current character(we saw his baby form crying and drinking milk in the previous and current episodes) : it's post time skip Ameond aka punished Daemon. He is Aegon's first brother. Not sure if young Daegon is also in the show.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 19, 2022

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, Criston, you nerd. He was looking so hopeful with his romantic getaway proposition and then just basically being offered the role of the Royal Fukboi.

And then just confessing to Alicent without even being accused yet, lol

e: Also next episode preview time skip woo! Aegon looks like a real rear end in a top hat. Can't wait to see more Breakbones

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 19, 2022

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I loved how blindsided Alicent looked as well. She was clearly building up to her suspicions about Rhaenyra and Daemon, but his guilty conscience wouldn't let her finish.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Vegetable posted:

Huh, I wasn't aware that being interested in the actors who are in the show I'm watching constituted "media hollabaloo"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how they said that Cristan was cumstruck.

nooneofconsequence posted:

The rat symbolizes obviousness.

It means Visery's has been eating crackers in bed.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Vegetable posted:

I too appreciate the use of spoiler tags. It’s really harmless. There’s a spoiler-friendly alternative thread after all.

Moreso depends on where you are watching the show. If you watched other Max shows, like Barry, for instance, you got series previews before episodes that would spoil things. If you're downloading them or piggybacking off Hulu or this is the only show on Max you watch, it's easier to avoid.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Vegetable posted:

The spoiler thread isn't what you seem to believe it is (aka this thread without spoiler tags). It's full of book readers like me analyzing all the production choices versus the full written story and discussing some characters upcoming death.
E: Also lamenting the loss of all the Jesters and Fools. MUUUUUUUUUUSSHROOOOOOOOOOOM no your big dick will be missed.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Sep 19, 2022

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
ser criston's gay panic defence seemed a bit sudden, but good ep overall. i'll overlook the the departed ending!!!

also, the new hand is clearly out of his depth lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
cool arms on the dead guy

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
Sir Himbo proving totally unequipped to act in a tactful and calculated manner where matters of politics overlap with his personal desires is a fun development. That’s been a recurring stumbling block for a few characters - I like when this show is leaning into “messy drama/schemes in various cool fantasy rooms” with battles and dragons and stuff more in the background, which it generally does.

The rat was, as in The Departed, a bit much though. Like… I got it guys.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Telling on yourself and feeling an insane amount of guilt and rage for breaking an oath?Are we sure Ser Criston isn't a secret Stark?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I feel like they were trying to make me feel bad for Criston but, like…what a fuckin’ doofus. He was being handed a sweet life of being 100% commander of the Queensguard and fathering AT LEAST one person in the line of succession when 2 weeks ago he was a nobody from nothingville and now he’s gunna help throw the realm in the toilet because he caught feelings.

Criston Cole, you are not an o.g. player my man.

If he was trying to avoid being an all time fuckboi then he failed miserably.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

runaway dog posted:

I appreciate the use spoiler tags for the next ep preview stuff so far, hope that trend sticks around for this thread, I know some of the other threads can be kind of bad about it.
It should definitely stay in spoilers forever. Really, it'd much prefer if threads were just kept to the actually released episodes, but at the very least any information from outside that should be put between spoiler tags. As well as speculation based on those spoiler tags.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I figure if you're a kingsguard and you say someone was coming at the princess with a knife or whatever, you can kinda get away with a lot right? At least enough to walk away in the immediate aftermath, he was planning on killing himself so didn't have much concern for what'd happen next I guess.

What was the knight of kisses or whatever his name was supposed to be thinking? "Ah yes I will go up and tell this guy out loud that I know this kingdom shattering secret that'd really gently caress up his and my lovers life if it were to get out?", he wasn't even blackmailing him or anything either. Just giving him a heads up and being a poo poo stirrer?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 19, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Alicent will probably use her knowledge of Cole and Rheanyras getting bare with each other as a way to keep him under her control.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

VanillaGorilla posted:

I feel like they were trying to make me feel bad for Criston but, like…what a fuckin’ doofus.

Nah my wife and I were like, this guy is a fucken' idiot from his first conversation on the boat and I really feel like that's the intention.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how they said that Cristan was cumstruck.

The subtitles disagreed with you about the c-word, but I'm not a 100% if the current forum rules permit spelling it out

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Zenithe posted:

Nah my wife and I were like, this guy is a fucken' idiot from his first conversation on the boat and I really feel like that's the intention.

TFW when the heir offers you a life of privilege and all you have to do is slang that HOT-D:

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 19, 2022

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

thebardyspoon posted:

What was the knight of kisses or whatever his name was supposed to be thinking? "Ah yes I will go up and tell this guy out loud that I know this kingdom shattering secret that'd really gently caress up his and my lovers life if it were to get out?", he wasn't even blackmailing him or anything either. Just giving him a heads up and being a poo poo stirrer?

I love the thousand year old Westerosi tradition of dudes ostensively trying to keep their same sex relationships discrete, if not secret, choosing to use weird flamboyant knight nicknames.

But also yeah knight of kisses should have proposed they all go on fun vacations together or something - he could have been a little softer with that blackmail attempt.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Cool episode but I think cole killing the knight of kisses was a bit out of nowhere. Could've built that better.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

roomtone posted:

Cool episode but I think cole killing the knight of kisses was a bit out of nowhere. Could've built that better.
He basically threatened a member of the kingsguard with humiliation and certain death the first time he was in the room with the guy. Now Joffrey didn't know that he had already confessed to Alicent and was a powder keg ready to go off because he already expecting to be executed anyway, but it played out the way you would expect. If someone from Ned's traveling group went up to Jamie and was like "Hey bro, I know you are totally loving your sister, but your secret is safe with me" he would have instantly got a sword through the face.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

The worst tv trope of all time is "person somehow figures out an important secret through telepathy and is also 100% certain their telepathy is correct" and they went with it with this episode. Great episode other than that, but man I really hate that poo poo.

Huh? Who did that?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Nanananana *cuntstruck*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

Huh? Who did that?

Maybe he means the knight of kisses?

It's another reason he's an idiot for talking to Criston like that. He's only got a hunch Criston is Rhea's lover.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

TyrantWD posted:

He basically threatened a member of the kingsguard with humiliation and certain death the first time he was in the room with the guy. Now Joffrey didn't know that he had already confessed to Alicent and was a powder keg ready to go off because he already expecting to be executed anyway, but it played out the way you would expect. If someone from Ned's traveling group went up to Jamie and was like "Hey bro, I know you are totally loving your sister, but your secret is safe with me" he would have instantly got a sword through the face.
He was also the first person he could really take out all his anxieties on, and the guy was really a perfect target. Like, he's stewing in his own thoughts and here comes this dude who just goes "Whatup fellow breaker of the laws of gods and men, I know you're banging the princess but I'm totally cool with that because I'm banging the groom". Dude is basically killing the embodiment of his own weakness and amorality.

VanillaGorilla posted:

I feel like they were trying to make me feel bad for Criston but, like…what a fuckin’ doofus.
Even doofuses deserve our empathy. His suggestion wasn't even that bad, really, it would probably be better for the health of the realm if she took him up on it.

MP1989
Aug 14, 2022
So Alicent is gay for Rhaenyra right? Why else would she be on the brink of tears because of Rhaenyras "moral lapse" with Daemon/Criston?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PostNouveau posted:

Maybe he means the knight of kisses?

It's another reason he's an idiot for talking to Criston like that. He's only got a hunch Criston is Rhea's lover.

Oh right. That seemed like a very educated guess. He's the closest person to her at pretty much all times and he was visibly upset during her pre-pre-pre wedding feast. Who else would it realistically have been other than Daemon?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

MP1989 posted:

So Alicent is gay for Rhaenyra right? Why else would she be on the brink of tears because of Rhaenyras "moral lapse" with Daemon/Criston?

she was her best friend until she became the number 1 reason her children are going to be murdered

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

Huh? Who did that?

Sorry, didn't mean to be vague. I meant Joffrey (the guy criston killed)

He spends 2 seconds at a huge party looking at criston and immediately knows with full certainty exactly what the omniscient viewer knows. It's really lazy writing and the character's decision to immediately give up that information is equally dumb.

Didn't come close to ruining the episode for me, but it was a big time stumble IMO. On the other hand, criston murdering him at the party was excellent.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

it was literally heavily implied in dialogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

I figure if you're a kingsguard and you say someone was coming at the princess with a knife or whatever, you can kinda get away with a lot right? At least enough to walk away in the immediate aftermath, he was planning on killing himself so didn't have much concern for what'd happen next I guess.

Yeah he really hosed up a good thing, his boyfriend was going to marry a queen who was fine with him stepping out, had no interest in him and already had her own side piece lined up! This is great for you, dude, you want Ser Cristan Cole around!