Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Fleetwood posted:

poo poo in the thames
poo poo on the thames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

projecthalaxy posted:

Are there any funny royal funeral traditions or ceremonies like does someone have to yell at the casket at some point

Kinda. When the queen dies and it's after a plat jubilee that literally lowered your GDP, you get to spend roughly $5b in executing the transition and changing what your money looks like right before a winter that was already going to tear your country apart. For a monarch that probably won't last more than five years so you can do it all over again.

We do love our traditions.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

why even change the money everybody else on its already dead

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

tradition. no one will know what kind of note it is if it doesn't have the current monarch on a 20.
it'd be chaos.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

MLK Ultra posted:

tradition. no one will know what kind of note it is if it doesn't have the current monarch on a 20.
it'd be chaos.

the current monarch (well okay not right now) is on all the currency!!!

plonker!!!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

The purpose is to associate the false economic emancipation that comes with having money with the monarch, thus making the monarch represent liberty in the mind of their subjects. The US approach is similar, but due to its unique monarchical traditions it invests more power into the office of president than the specific personage of the current president, thus its currency uses the dead monarchs that best embody the ideals of the state.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

MLK Ultra posted:

Kinda. When the queen dies and it's after a plat jubilee that literally lowered your GDP, you get to spend roughly $5b in executing the transition and changing what your money looks like right before a winter that was already going to tear your country apart. For a monarch that probably won't last more than five years so you can do it all over again.

We do love our traditions.

Are we really going to change all our money in one go? That's loving stupid

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

90s Cringe Rock posted:

poo poo on the thames

it's all the thames to me

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

poo poo on the thames

poo poo-on-Thames

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

charles 2 was infamously a party king. charles 3 could put his face on ecstacy, make everybody happy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

charles 2 was infamously a party king. charles 3 could put his face on ecstacy, make everybody happy

fumbling with my trembling hands as i make ready to send my order off to China for a Charles pill press.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

quoting this for new page

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Loukas_doula/status/1571825974647439360

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/STVNews/status/1571794373112635393

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Lol, some valet will get jail time for that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

prince charles is going to be epic and racist

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bigger turnout in Belfast but still fewer people than would normally be hanging out there on a regular public holiday.

With Charles and Truss in charge we're heading into a new era of bad takes caught on hot mics.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

christ

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

deftly done, sir

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Prob for the best, he prob would have done a Phillip

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

News coverage of your late monarch has been batshit crazy in the US. Non-stop newscasters and talk show hosts almost in tears talking about the dead queen, the queue to see her casket, sharing some weird old guy who could barely walk in a head to toe union jack suit about to collapse from grief after witnessing it. Mind boggling and demented.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
bro if she died a week ago and they're just burying her now her corpse must smell so bad

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Casey Finnigan posted:

bro if she died a week ago and they're just burying her now her corpse must smell so bad

im sure they embalmed her immediately

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Straight into a barrel of brandy and vinegar. The Horatio Nelson treatment.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

they started long before she even died

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Steve Yun posted:

I googled and found an article in Express which I won't link because it's utter garbage (both the article and the paper) but it boils down to a) the coffin has a lead box inside, b) they have/had cooling devices under it and c) they embalmed her right away for which there is a special guy that does that.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Private Speech posted:

I googled and found an article in Express which I won't link because it's utter garbage (both the article and the paper) but it boils down to a) the coffin has a lead box inside, b) they have/had cooling devices under it and c) they embalmed her right away for which there is a special guy that does that.
Lead? I think she was killed by someone injecting her with like plutonium.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Private Speech posted:

That or, she was kept in a morgue and the coffin was filled with lead weights.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't know exactly what, but they definitely did something secret and disgusting to that corpse. they're all freaks and perverts with a long list of traditions to follow from previous freaks and perverts.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Cork up the bum,
cork up the bum.
Her Royal Deadness,
has a cork up the bum.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't know exactly what, but they definitely did something secret and disgusting to that corpse. they're all freaks and perverts with a long list of traditions to follow from previous freaks and perverts.
scandal rocks the PM in 2045, as it is revealed he shagged the dead queen

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/AJIunit/status/1571859498955841537?cxt=HHwWgoCxgdz4rtArAAAA

This sounds like it's going to be great.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh drat that's gonna blow some gaskets

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Already been done.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

the white hand