Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Another day working at the Squid Game and everyone asks if they can gently caress the squid. Buddy, they won't let me gently caress the squid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Whizzing Wizard posted:

You ever look at your Steam profile and feel like you have to lay down for a bit and reflect on life or whatever?

You're one day older than me!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

Another day working at the Squid Game and everyone asks if they can gently caress the squid. Buddy, they won't let me gently caress the squid.

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1571141467896414208

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
after careful consideration i think Nintendo putting a song in their game that sounds like it's repeatedly saying "pussy" is funny

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Squid beefin' it again.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember when the Squid beefed it?

Remember when the Squid invented parkour?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Draga posted:

That reminds me that I need to get back to Bravely Default. Think I was at the point where you fight the Salve-Maker.

I tried Bravely Default. I made it to Chapter 2 but I just couldn't keep going. Bravely Second is much lighter in tone and doesn't try to take itself seriously.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Shalom's a neat game

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

frytechnician posted:

Have started my third ever Planescape: Torment playthrough, the last time being about 15+ years ago, and yeah, it still owns hard. Loving everything about it.

Anyone here tried Tides Of Numenera? It got extremely mixed reviews iirc.

TheGreatEvilKing did a let's play of it a couple years back. from what I recall it was mostly taking the piss, so take what you will from that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This looks cool

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1570162975574474758?s=20&t=h4TW6IKGU7q5a94BKNMwfw

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh the Undertale is doing... something. That's why twitter is laregly baffling and unusable right now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Oh the Undertale is doing... something. That's why twitter is laregly baffling and unusable right now
wayne radio tv (of "Half-Life VR But the AI is Self-Aware") produced a spamton thing for tobyfox and they were streaming it, so yeah. deltarune-related

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The 7th Guest posted:

wayne radio tv (of "Half-Life VR But the AI is Self-Aware") produced a spamton thing for tobyfox and they were streaming it, so yeah. deltarune-related

yeah as I sad... something

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

You ever look at your Steam profile and feel like you have to lay down for a bit and reflect on life or whatever?

never forget

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Draga posted:

Playing Crash 4 for the first time and I'm not enjoying it anywhere close to how I hoped I would. I loved Crash 2 and 3 growing up but this game feels like they wanted to make you suffer for wanting to find everything in a level and it's bumming me out.

Coco's Tubular skin looks really cute at least.

yeah its a great game to just play through once and enjoy but if you love 100%ing crash games like i do, its a miserable slog

still hope they keep making them, though i think spyros due first!!!!!

crash 2 ftw when i wanna smash all the boxes

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

haha what posted:

yeah its a great game to just play through once and enjoy but if you love 100%ing crash games like i do, its a miserable slog

still hope they keep making them, though i think spyros due first!!!!!

crash 2 ftw when i wanna smash all the boxes

Iirc the Spyro and Crash remaster devs were banished to the Call of Duty support team mines after proving they were capable devs. :(

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
even if you don't bother with the collectibles, crash 4 just gets loving mean by the 3/4's mark or so

i dropped it at the penultimate world because getting through every stage was a grudge match

rox
Sep 7, 2016

yeah if crash 3 was a bit easy, crash 4 swings the pendulum the othre direction hard lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Adam Bowen posted:

never forget

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

frytechnician posted:

Have started my third ever Planescape: Torment playthrough, the last time being about 15+ years ago, and yeah, it still owns hard. Loving everything about it.

Anyone here tried Tides Of Numenera? It got extremely mixed reviews iirc.

Been several years since I played Numenera. My recollection is that it is a really good game in its own right and does a fair job of replicating the atmosphere of untangling a complicated forgotten personal history in a bizarre setting. But it would have been better as its own game rather than trying so hard to remind you about Planescape, both because it feels forced and because it naturally draws a comparison to one of the best games of all time, which does it no favors. Also I don't think they stuck the landing on the ending, but that's a matter of opinion and didn't ruin the rest of the game for me. Characters and setting were good.

There were performance problems on console I believe, best to play on PC. Also, there was some amount of drama because they didn't meet all of the kickstarter stretch goals they obligated themselves to, which may have bled into the mixed reviews (like, there's no second major city).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This is hilariously good

https://twitter.com/Yic17Studio/status/1571215584465158144

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I think the splatoon song thing is funny

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel bad for Nordom in Planescape Torment because I specifically got the mod that lets you save him and then I misunderstood the steps to do so and still ended up losing him :(

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i finished live a live and i could say things but it's an old game you already know all about it so here's what you people want:

1) ancient china
2) far future
3) edo
4) wild west
5) near future
6) prehistory
7)present

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 19, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://www.ign.com/articles/la-mulana-director-wins-konami-contest-to-revive-old-ip

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

i finished live a live and i could say things but it's an old game you already know all about it so here's what you people want:

1) ancient china
2) far future
3) edo
4) wild west
5) neat future
6) prehistory
7)present

Not the list I’d made but that’s just personal preference. Thinking about it:

1: Near Future (I like the vibe a lot, Playing With Psychos is a top tier Yoko track)
2: Prehistory (pretty cool, it’s probably the most “standard” JRPG story* but im a child so I enjoyed the poop jokes a lot and it still does some novel stuff)
3: Feudal China
4: Edo Japan (cool ideas, feels like the direct inspiration for Undertale’s Pacifist/Genocide runs)
5: Present (short and sweet)
6: Wild West (I wanted more!)
7: Distant Future (still liked it, but the story they wanted to tell is kind of hurt by Live A Live’s format)

Cool game though, 7.5/10, would be 9.5 but the final chapter kinda sucks because semi-frequent random encounters are bad in a game that didn’t have them for the first 15 hours. Kind of a bummer they spent so much time on other quality of life stuff but not that.

*besides Middle Ages but with how much that poo poo goes off the rails 2/3 through they’re probably tied.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2G7UfrGPNI

this song loving slaps

zx's soundtrack is so good

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

xedo posted:

Been several years since I played Numenera. My recollection is that it is a really good game in its own right and does a fair job of replicating the atmosphere of untangling a complicated forgotten personal history in a bizarre setting. But it would have been better as its own game rather than trying so hard to remind you about Planescape, both because it feels forced and because it naturally draws a comparison to one of the best games of all time, which does it no favors. Also I don't think they stuck the landing on the ending, but that's a matter of opinion and didn't ruin the rest of the game for me. Characters and setting were good.

There were performance problems on console I believe, best to play on PC. Also, there was some amount of drama because they didn't meet all of the kickstarter stretch goals they obligated themselves to, which may have bled into the mixed reviews (like, there's no second major city).

Thanks for this. I think I might give it a pass for now but maybe one day I'll get round to it.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Finished Triangle Strategy. That is to say, I got one of the endings. Did the one were you leave the libertarians and the racist theocracy to fight it out amongst themselves, while I escaped.
Pretty decent ending, somewhat bittersweet.
Now I'm going for the "Golden" ending, which I apparently was very close to getting on my first playthrough in terms of choices at least, which means a lot of the same battles.
But, now I have a wooden robot that hurts people with fractions so there's that.

Really fun game over all. Good music, decent story and I think it looks a lot better than Octopath for instance.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Well drat, good for them. Must feel like a major accomplishment to go from making games inspired by something else to getting to work on a revival of the original source of inspiration.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SvR09:

When playing as Triple H the matches are shorter than the entrances

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sadly this was not true of irl HHH

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

SvR09:

When playing as Triple H the matches are shorter than the entrances

Do you have to cut 20 minute promos too?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can anyone remember the name of the metroidvania with a stupid name that people were into last year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Help Im Alive posted:

Can anyone remember the name of the metroidvania with a stupid name that people were into last year

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That is correct thank you

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Harrow posted:

I wasn't completely sold on the figures aesthetic until they showed off the painting mode, and that made it all snap into place. Looks like it could be a pretty cool game.

As someone who's been in the demo I guess it could be pretty cool, someday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sadly this was not true of irl HHH

For real, good lord his matches take forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SvR09:

Well Career Mode has turned into absolute bullshit cause I got to the World title and now everyone reverses every single move I make and it is not loving fair

Guess I'm just completing the Roads to Wrestlemania and calling it a day