Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I don't think I've ever seen a sigh as mighty as Judge Bellis' during this sidebar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I don't understand this line of questioning.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't understand this line of questioning.

I'm just glad everyone seems to be as confused by it as I am.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
I know what he's doing. And its scummy as gently caress.

Norm here is making very specific references to "emails" and "servers," and the non-causal link here is a subconscious one. It makes sense in a 5th dimensional chess sort of way, because it makes your brain form a connection while he's talking about Donald Trump.

Just enough to rile up the conservative fanatics.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Did you do any diligence in your job as a corporate rep?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Like this is defense counsel asking this stuff. He's basically making GBS threads all over her.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I imagine it's the same playbook it's always been. Kick up a stink, drag poo poo out forever, lie about everything, then DARVO (Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender for those who haven't dealt with domestic abuse) until the cows come home.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Deptfordx posted:

Huh, for some reason I thought WH was dead. Guess not.

He looks real goddamn unhealthy googling him though.

You may be thinking of Big Jim Tucker, who thankfully is quite dead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I get it now. Pattis is trying to build a case that Paz didn't know anything because FSS is a bankrupt unorganized poo poo show with a crazy guy at the top just spouting bullshit as a way to poison the jury from awarding a large amount of damages.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Pattis' actual legal strategy is "say whatever crazy bullshit Alex wants me to say while he pays me"

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Can we take a moment to admire Pattis for finishing up his cross-examination within an hour (excluding all the sidebar time), then remembering he had just one more question and the judge letting him continue despite saying he was done...

..and then asking the corporate representative about this picture one more time:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Grand Fromage posted:

You may be thinking of Big Jim Tucker, who thankfully is quite dead.

Lung cancer, acting as a surprising ally.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
I missed that hack Pettis' statement. Remember that Alex Jones is the only thing standing between you and having your child's genitals chopped off.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
When were the show cause trials for the attorneys who had all kinds of illegal information on the whoopsie phone? Did anything come of those?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

When were the show cause trials for the attorneys who had all kinds of illegal information on the whoopsie phone? Did anything come of those?

They were held in front of the current CT judge before this trial started.

I suspect the rulings from them will be released after the current trial is done, so as not to prejudice their clients.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Devor posted:

They were held in front of the current CT judge before this trial started.

I suspect the rulings from them will be released after the current trial is done, so as not to prejudice their clients.

So she was probably already tired of Pattis’s poo poo when this trial started

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Pirate Radar posted:

So she was probably already tired of Pattis’s poo poo when this trial started

The judges in all these cases were tired of Pattis and FSS poo poo at least a year ago when they repeatedly failed to comply with discovery.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Cry more, Pattis

https://twitter.com/PattisNorm/status/1571308081258151937

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Gosh, how the heck did that happen? :iiam:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
His profile picture is of him doing stand-up. Absolutely amazing.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/openargs/status/1571685068992806912

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
A week ago on his show Alex mentioned off-hand that he'll be testifying "next week", so it stands to reason we'll see an Alex on the stand soon.

Over / under on contempt of court?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Froghammer posted:

A week ago on his show Alex mentioned off-hand that he'll be testifying "next week", so it stands to reason we'll see an Alex on the stand soon.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Froghammer posted:

I only bet spreads.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Froghammer posted:

Hide yo chili

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Wonder if the outcome of the last trial shook him and he'll be uncharacteristically less uhh Alex Jones if that makes sense.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Confusedslight posted:

Wonder if the outcome of the last trial shook him and he'll be uncharacteristically less uhh Alex Jones if that makes sense.

Unfortunately, Alex Jones made up a special batch of chili to eat through his depression over the massive loss, and forgot any lessons that may have been learned from the trial.

At least that's what I figure considering the poo poo he's already up to in the past week about this trial.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Randalor posted:

Unfortunately, Alex Jones made up a special batch of chili to eat through his depression over the massive loss, and forgot any lessons that may have been learned from the trial.

At least that's what I figure considering the poo poo he's already up to in the past week about this trial.

Trial Chili

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Confusedslight posted:

Alex Jones has learned nothing since he hasn't had any consequences for his behavior yet. There is a very very good chance he gets held in contempt which will be very very funny

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Froghammer posted:

Well the judge kept reminding Pattis that she's ready to rule on that on the spot when Jones is on the stand

The betting pool should be in how many minutes it takes

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah any theory whose premise is "Alex Jones just needs to straighten up and fly right and all will be well" is not going to work out that way.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jones is such a pure grifter there's no normalcy left inside him. He just became the embodiment of a lie, a lies used to trick people out of their money.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
Is the court on today? Typically the L&C streams have started at 0900CT/1000ET

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

waydownLo posted:

Is the court on today? Typically the L&C streams have started at 0900CT/1000ET

Nope, they're back tomorrow

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

Piell posted:

Nope, they're back tomorrow

Dope, thanks!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Binging With Babish guy should make alex jones memory erasing chili

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Are you a frog pills or no frog pills in your chili kind of person?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

I only bet spreads.

This hummus vs your finest Nutella.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Agents are GO! posted:

This hummus vs your finest Nutella.

What kind of hummus are we talking here? If it's roasted red pepper you might be in the runnings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

What kind of hummus are we talking here? If it's roasted red pepper you might be in the runnings.

Garlic. Extra garlic. Enough garlic that my cat wants nothing to do with me right now