Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
This could be ina few threads, honestly, so feel free to cross post it.

It is definitely cursed, though.

https://twitter.com/graceldean/status/1571643628803575813

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

better worksafe then sorry, pro-sexual assault protest/celebration/something

https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1571652883506163712

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Actually no, I'm not clicking this.
I'm feeling cursed enough.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
More pressing, who is credentialing people in infernal medicine?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’d be a little more worried if there was a “Competence and Skill” category for Most Improved, but this is weird too

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

More pressing, who is credentialing people in infernal medicine?

It's probably "internal" but hey at least the doc is IMPROVING

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
He was attaching donor organs to the outside of people and they kept dying.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

He’s using rusty safety pins to do it now. Before, he was using rusty tenpenny nails

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
TLC is cheating but this is super cursed even for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUQX4qknJho

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

"Care and Concern" is the industry/insurance term for "bedside manner."

"Congrats, you at least pissed off far less patients when seeing or treating them!" It's about asking "pertinent and 'showing care' questions" like asking after side effects on prescribed medicines, following up on previously discussed concerns, and--depending on the employer--the "How are you doing?" and actually waiting for an answer instead of skipping it because the answer is obvious.

Sometimes patients just want that poo poo over with and think the small talk is stretching out the appointment and condescending, and sometimes patients throw huge loving fits if the doctor isn't their friend and buddy before the 15-minute appointment concludes. Arbitrary metrics don't differentiate; and those metrics are directly related to funding, payments, and income, so guess who has to jump through those hoops? :v:

EDIT: The curse is me, for having to deal with the health insurance industry and not telling them to roundly stuff it up their collective asses on the way out the door.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Mistle posted:

EDIT: The curse is me, for having to deal with the health insurance industry and not telling them to roundly stuff it up their collective asses on the way out the door.

prescribe them more suppositories

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Mistle posted:

"Care and Concern" is the industry/insurance term for "bedside manner."

"Congrats, you at least pissed off far less patients when seeing or treating them!" It's about asking "pertinent and 'showing care' questions" like asking after side effects on prescribed medicines, following up on previously discussed concerns, and--depending on the employer--the "How are you doing?" and actually waiting for an answer instead of skipping it because the answer is obvious.

Sometimes patients just want that poo poo over with and think the small talk is stretching out the appointment and condescending, and sometimes patients throw huge loving fits if the doctor isn't their friend and buddy before the 15-minute appointment concludes. Arbitrary metrics don't differentiate; and those metrics are directly related to funding, payments, and income, so guess who has to jump through those hoops? :v:

"You think I'm a jerk? You should've seen me a year ago!" *taps certificate*

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yaldabaoth posted:

TLC is cheating but this is super cursed even for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUQX4qknJho

God drat do I feel bad for that woman.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

limp_cheese posted:

God drat do I feel bad for that woman.

I envy her. Getting lovely drunk for a week straight off a single rack of the cheapest beer imaginable so that the pain of this miserable existence is lessened somewhat has always been a dream of mine. You go girl!!!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jillian poo poo posted:

I envy her. Getting lovely drunk for a week straight off a single rack of the cheapest beer imaginable so that the pain of this miserable existence is lessened somewhat has always been a dream of mine. You go girl!!!

I realise saying this to a goon is kind of moot but your dating life with this sort of problem is beyond hosed. There is just no good way out of that problem.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Inceltown posted:

I realise saying this to a goon is kind of moot but your dating life with this sort of problem is beyond hosed. There is just no good way out of that problem.

I dunno, she could score a hobbit or two

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Jillian poo poo posted:

Probably helps her forget the unimageable horror that her dating life probably is.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I posted this one in the last curse thread too, but it seems relevant to the current conversation.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Inceltown posted:

Well, men are generally great, so I don’t know quite what you’re talking about. I’d imagine they’ll be attracted to her for her uniqueness and perseverance in the face of physical challenges. Am I wrong about this? Maybe I need to recalibrate my faith in humanity (by being tiny and getting lovely drunk for a week on a single rack of the cheapest shittiest beer there is)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Inceltown posted:

Pretty much. The only people that are going to be attracted to her are the type of people she REALLY wouldn't want attracted to her.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I didn’t watch the video but there’s no hormonal supplement she could have taken or take now?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Couldn't she have just been... Given replacement growth hormones instead of being cursed to look like a literal child for the rest of her life???

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm sure she could meet a nice young dwarf fella and there'd be nothing weird about it.

But literally any other guy attracted to her just sets off a trillion red flags and alarm bells.

That has to be a nightmare for her.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I can only speak from personal experience, but one of my friends my school had a sister with numerous issues, one of which was appearing childlike in stature, and she took growth hormones her entire life and they didn't do poo poo. I mean, maybe gave her an inch in height, at best.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

She seems cool as hell. TLC can go gently caress itself tho.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
this thread has gotten radioactive, noping the gently caress out.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Cocaine Bear posted:

It wouldn't do her mental wellbeing much favors, but she would make a hell of an undercover agent.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

trapped mouse posted:

I posted this one in the last curse thread too, but it seems relevant to the current conversation.

Too cursed. Plug in that phone!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:gas:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I am so sorry, I did not expect my comment to turn the thread into a honeypot :smith:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Jackapedia_/status/1572009052162629632

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Where does one purchase Hard Mountain Dew? Asking for a friend.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

Total Wine was advertising it

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yeah for real I absolutely think she would be hilarious to hang out with. As in, not to laugh at, just that her perspectives on everything have to be amazing

It was also amazing watching that and thinking about how much easier her life would obviously be if she were a Goon who never went to bars and just played video games all day

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yeah for real I absolutely think she would be hilarious to hang out with. As in, not to laugh at, just that her perspectives on everything have to be amazing

It was also amazing watching that and thinking about how much easier her life would obviously be if she were a Goon who never went to bars and just played video games all day

Now that you mention it her voice is identical to everyone that ever called me the N-word on xbox.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

It was in test markets earlier in the year and I'm not sure if it has rolled out nationwide. Warning, it is only available sugar and caffeine free.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Yeah I think it’s trying to cash in on the whole “hard seltzer” thing that was a big deal like 3 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Child Trebuchet posted:

He was attaching donor organs to the outside of people and they kept dying.

But the organs were still okay, thus an improvement!

edit: that last one, holy poo poo.