Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

th3t00t posted:

Yacovailoa. I’ve never seen so many passes behind the line of scrimmage.

The one bomb to Tyreek was nice.

??

https://twitter.com/nextgenstats/status/1571598741236514816?s=46&t=8Ti5xdJAAquzVfl0VocSfg

https://twitter.com/nextgenstats/status/1571591057091219457?s=46&t=8Ti5xdJAAquzVfl0VocSfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Imagine poo poo talking a guy who threw for 6 TDs and nearly 500 yards lol.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah I dunno if any of this carries forward, but this week he was objectively great.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

th3t00t posted:

Not the game I saw. But, clearly you weren't watching during the Gase/Tannehill years.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

th3t00t posted:

Lmao pretending to watch the game eh

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Lol. Touchy about a guy you were all ready to dump at half time. Tua had a nice game.

I am legit scared of Tyreek and Waddle.

Edit: ^ I only saw the 15 minute condensed game highlights. Seemed like a lot of passes went less than 5 yards in the air, and turned into lots of yac. Tyreek was like 20 yards wide open on both bombs, the first one Tua underthrew so badly that the defender almost got back in time, the 2nd one was nice.

th3t00t fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 19, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't think I'm saying anything controversial when I say it's the least impressive 6 TD, 469 yard, 21 point comeback against the Ravens in Week Two that I've ever seen.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

th3t00t posted:

Lol. Touchy about a guy you were all ready to dump at half time.

Fair point. Are you Dolfans TUAnon or not?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
posting at halftime is a mug's game

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

th3t00t posted:

Lol. Touchy about a guy you were all ready to dump at half time. Tua had a nice game.

I am legit scared of Tyreek and Waddle.

Edit: ^ I only saw the 15 minute condensed game highlights. Seemed like a lot of passes went less than 5 yards in the air, and turned into lots of yac. Tyreek was like 20 yards wide open on both bombs, the first one Tua underthrew so badly that the defender almost got back in time, the 2nd one was nice.

Correcting an incorrect statement isn’t exactly touchy but man whatever you’ve gotta post to feel better you do you

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I mean I think the reality is Tua is going to get a bunch of free yardage:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1571673075175006208?s=20&t=UJKdrxhpuhsP88d8-rLKig

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
There was literal discourse that Tua could NOT underthrow a touchdown like Josh Allen did to Diggs and that’s exactly what he did today and of course it’s a negative.

Yes that discourse was stupid as poo poo but so is criticizing that throw. He threw it 60 yards in the air in a spiral and most importantly, farther than the defenders. Something basically none of us thought he could do.

He might never throw 3 touchdowns in a game for the rest of his career and none of us would be shocked. But today, he was the man.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Amy Pole Her posted:

Correcting an incorrect statement isn’t exactly touchy but man whatever you’ve gotta post to feel better you do you
What was corrected? 22 of 36 completed passes went less than 5 yards in the air. 8 were at or behind the los. It’s basically impossible to get to 469 with that high a ratio of short air yardage passes without a lot of yac.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

th3t00t posted:

What was corrected? 22 of 36 completed passes went less than 5 yards in the air. 8 were at or behind the los. It’s basically impossible to get to 469 with that high a ratio of short air yardage passes without a lot of yac.
I mean, the flagrantly false claim that Hill was 20 yards open. See above for a more accurate understanding of the play.

His arm strength is clearly limited but it’s tiring to see lazy takes. Second ball was wide open, thrown nearly in stride. First saw Hill create insane separation that he had to cut in half to adjust to Tuas ball but it’s arguing the same thing over and over.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s basically an issue if he loses an ounce of his arm strength.

There was an out route pass that got broken up that was an absolute failure solely due to lack of zip on the throw. That’s a valid criticism. Not because Tyreek had to slow up a little bit for a 55 yard bomb and was able to destroy a rookie safety in coverage another time

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Even though the Patriots beat the Steelers and the game never really seemed it doubt, it still seemed like a minor miracle every time a pass was completed. Almost nobody is ever wide open. There is always at least one defender draped around the receiver before the ball even arrives. This combo of mediocre dudes and dogshit playcalling is really hard to watch. Especially when you see elite talent on the Dolphins making a very mediocre QB look like a top passer for half a game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol the discourse around Tua is going to be silly forever

I hope he has a good year and gets a new contract

give me another decade of pro and anti Tua bullshit

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Tua had a Jonas Grey game

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Phobeste posted:

Tua had a Jonas Grey game

this is the good poo poo :discourse:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Seriously though holy gently caress is that team fast. I honestly didn't give Tyreek enough credit and thought a lot of what he did was Reid scheming him open (or I guess I didn't give Mcdaniel enough credit for also being able to scheme him open, but I think it's a little of both) and he just warps everything a defense does. They've built a hell of an offensive roster down there, if they can be consistent the sky's the limit. I'm really excited for the dolphins/bills games now I think those have the potential to be fuckin fireworks shows

Pats offense looks bad, bright spots in the run but every 6 yard completion to a crosser feels like a struggle, nobody's open, and then sometimes agholor mosses a guy (?????????) but it's the steelers lol.

Defense is good but not as deep as you'd like that. That slant that waddle housed in the dolphins game was attacking the pats on a single high look the play after our starting safety got hurt, which was a brilliant play call but also a glowing weak spot. The steelers had whatever they wanted on comebacks to the intermediate boundary because our corners aren't good and had to play inside/over leverage, but it's the steelers lol.

7-9 for the pats, somewhere between like 10-7 and like 14-3 for the fins depending on if they can stay consistent and how the bills games shake out, same for the bills but flipped, lol the jets

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

th3t00t posted:

Moved that goal post there, didn't you.

Dolphins fans are very familiar with passes behind the line of scrimmage, your false claim. As opposed to passes less than five yards in the air (which are a refreshing step forward, thanks). You seem invested.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My man threw for 500 yards and didn’t even get 10 ypa lmaoooooooooooooooo

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I didn’t watch the game and I still don’t believe in Tua

Nov 6, 2002

stopped clock, etcetera etcetera

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1571853907416031233

Nov 6, 2002

That's an incredible stat.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
When you’re saddled with a pathetic pats cast off running your offensive plans, poo poo gets bleak.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Old man party

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1571605928377569286

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i’m concerned about tua’s arm strength still and it seems like this is all it’s ever gonna be, 3 years removed from his hip injury

that said if you give him two all pro receivers he’ll make the most out of it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If Tua's arm strength was better he could have thrown that ball with more of an arc so he wouldn't need to rely on Geisicki making a ridiculous grab. Also, it's pretty likely that Tua's larger guns would do a better job motivating Geisicki to work on his own arm strength, making him a better blocker and allowing him to on-field opportunities.

Nov 6, 2002

Looks like Wilson has lost the locker room to me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Declan MacManus posted:

i’m concerned about tua’s arm strength still and it seems like this is all it’s ever gonna be, 3 years removed from his hip injury

that said if you give him two all pro receivers he’ll make the most out of it

The Dolphins got lucky that Hill forced his way to them rather than the Jets but you put those 2 WRs around any QB with a pulse and he'll likely look good.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think Zach Wilson should be good to start this week based on my non-medical expertise viewing of 5 second practice clips last week, but at the very least I wont have to deal with stupid pro-Mike White arguments for a bit.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1571808721721769986

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

afce thread mental gymnastics about to simultaneously hold all three of these positions:

- Tua is a system QB

- McDaniel's system is nothing special, anyone could call plays with those WRs

- Grier sucks at personnel evaluation

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think Zach Wilson should be good to start this week based on my non-medical expertise viewing of 5 second practice clips last week, but at the very least I wont have to deal with stupid pro-Mike White arguments for a bit.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1571808721721769986

If anything winning this game lets them hold off Wilson until week 5... They are pretty clearly scared to put him back out there.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Amy Pole Her posted:

I mean, the flagrantly false claim that Hill was 20 yards open. See above for a more accurate understanding of the play.

His arm strength is clearly limited but it’s tiring to see lazy takes. Second ball was wide open, thrown nearly in stride. First saw Hill create insane separation that he had to cut in half to adjust to Tuas ball but it’s arguing the same thing over and over.
How could someone correct my claim of Hill being 20 yards open when that claim hadn't been made yet?

(you're right, he was only 10 yards wide open. TUA REDEEMED!)

torgeaux posted:

Moved that goal post there, didn't you.

Dolphins fans are very familiar with passes behind the line of scrimmage, your false claim. As opposed to passes less than five yards in the air (which are a refreshing step forward, thanks). You seem invested.
How is it moving the goal posts?

Original post claim #1: Yacovailoa -> 22 of 36 went for 5 or less air yards.
Original post claim #2: I've never seen so many passes behind the los -> 8 were at or behind the los. (Which actually isn't that many over the course of a game. But it seemed like they all made the highlight video which is more than I think I've ever seen before in one of those, probably because of all the good yac they gained. I should have been clear in my first post that I didn't see the game, just the 15 minute highlight cut linked in here.)

In conclusion.

It's a great win for the Dolphins and it confirms my worst fears that Tyreek and Waddle are going to be a big problem for the Bills.

This game didn't change my opinion that it doesn't really matter who is throwing those two the ball.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

The Dolphins got lucky that Hill forced his way to them rather than the Jets but you put those 2 WRs around any QB with a pulse and he'll likely look good.

Maybe it helps that the Dolphins look much more competent then the Jets along with the Dolphins having an offensive minded coach. Why would anybody with options choose the Jets over 2/3rds of the league?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Maybe it helps that the Dolphins look much more competent then the Jets along with the Dolphins having an offensive minded coach. Why would anybody with options choose the Jets over 2/3rds of the league?

The Hill thing was 100% location. He's from Miami. Maybe taxes were a factor too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

If anything winning this game lets them hold off Wilson until week 5... They are pretty clearly scared to put him back out there.
Are they? Are they scared? Or are they just trying to minimize the chance for re-injuring a knee that's literally still healing. He said he'd be ready for Pittsburgh in W4. Let's see.