Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
My train was nice and empty this morning and this afternoon.
More royal death and Bank Holidays, please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That 2nd video of the rollerblader clearly shows he hosed up and found out. Yup, there's no excusing his actions, and the police did their job this time.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

fuctifino posted:

That 2nd video of the rollerblader clearly shows he hosed up and found out. Yup, there's no excusing his actions, and the police did their job this time.

Is roughing-up detained suspects officially part of their job or is it just tradition

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I've not bothered to watch any of the rollerblader videos but I have a very strong opinion about what happened let me tell you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I can't believe the kids are rollerblading again. What happened to scooters, are they over?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

HopperUK posted:

I can't believe the kids are rollerblading again. What happened to scooters, are they over?

If they aren’t escooters nobody gives a gently caress and plod is more likely to have one of those off you than a pair of rollerblades.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1571830891776712704

"The children out there playing, just keep an eye out for prince Andrew."

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

HopperUK posted:

To be fair, if I saw anyone riding rollerblades today I'd instantly assume they were a time-terrorist from the 90s and tackle them as well

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Really noticing how long Blaze ad breaks are this evening - just a black screen with Blaze in the middle but no adverts.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The police had to protect the king, because the king is very important and we would be right scuppered if anything happened to him.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OwlFancier posted:

The police had to protect the king, because the king is very important and we would be right scuppered if anything happened to him.

Nah, hes actually the easiest thing to find a replacement for, theres a whole readymade list of them.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

he's gonna poo poo himself when he discovers tinfoil

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Just get one of the pawns up to the back rank and we're sorted for a new queen anyway

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm a little surprised there is not more complaint about camilla being the queen, literally same rank as er maj

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

First time I watched it I was wondering why one of them was shoving his face into the ground so hard (and so obviously on camera), but apparently a lot of people bite when arrested. Not that he deserved to get his face mashed into the road, but I didn't realise that was why when there's a cop pile-on, you usually see someone looking like they're trying to break the suspect's neck.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You should be allowed to bite cops, if they don't want to get bit they shouldn't try to arrest you.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
"the reality of a new way of life dawns on us"

lol ffs

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Saw this in the co-op yesterday and had to stop myself cackling like a maniac while I took this photo:

Cookie Cutter fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 19, 2022

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

crispix posted:

"the reality of a new way of life dawns on us"

lol ffs

My neighbours have gone to Mexico. They'll be shocked when they return and we have a new way of life.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

spiderbot posted:

This is stunning, where is it?

Forest of Dean!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

OwlFancier posted:

I'm a little surprised there is not more complaint about camilla being the queen, literally same rank as er maj

That's why the Queen Consort thing, to emphasise that no no she's the evil conniving slapper oo'll nevver be are queen of hearts like are Di would have bin.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OwlFancier posted:

That’s literally why they make huge pains to call her queen consort instead of queen, there is a whole system in place so that no-one ever outranks the eternal godqueen emperor

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Phil was consort too no?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

HopperUK posted:

Just get one of the pawns up to the back rank and we're sorted for a new queen anyway

Pawns up the back rank? Oooh eerrr

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Red Oktober posted:

I'm not completely supportive of this one now - there's another video which shows right before where he dodges past a few police and through a barrier, and it is about 10 seconds before the convey passes through, so I do get why they did what they did.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1571769472251207680

I get the police reaction. However the audience reaction...

"Shoot him!"

:thunkher:

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Runcible Cat posted:

That's why the Queen Consort thing, to emphasise that no no she's the evil conniving slapper oo'll nevver be are queen of hearts like are Di would have bin.

Consort is just a title to indicate you are the partner of the actual monarch. Di would have been Queen Consort as well. She can't be Queen queen because she's not in the line of succession.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This AI does a great Liz Truss

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 19, 2022

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Wonder how much all the minutes of silence added up to.

I never knew there was one mind, WFH and all that.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sheri posted:

Queen queen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=551wAH8x1VU

Oct 4, 2005

kingturnip posted:

My train was nice and empty this morning and this afternoon.
More royal death and Bank Holidays, please!

How long can King sausage fingers have in him? 12, maybe 18 months before his liver explodes?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

sheri posted:

Consort is just a title to indicate you are the partner of the actual monarch. Di would have been Queen Consort as well. She can't be Queen queen because she's not in the line of succession.

Wasn't there some deal struck when Chaz remarried? That Camilla wouldn't get all the titles? Or was that just to stop her being Princess Camilla?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

1965917 posted:

How long can King sausage fingers have in him? 12, maybe 18 months before his liver explodes?

You think he'll last as long as that?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

1965917 posted:

He's had the sausage fingers for a long time, both his parents lived into their late 90s, and he has access to the best medical attention on Earth. I wouldn't expect him to die imminently even if it would be quite funny (and probably good for the Royal brand)

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

1965917 posted:

They will siphon off blood from thousands of young children to keep his rotten body going.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well at 10 days he has already ensured he's not at the bottom of the length of reign league table. Next target is 69 days away

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lovely day. Looking forward to the coronation

Don't we currently get a bank holiday on the official Queen day or whatever? So is that changing date now then?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Well at 10 days he has already ensured he's not at the bottom of the length of reign league table. Next target is 69 days away

Nice

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Twisto is definitely dead if none of this shook him out of his posting malaise.

Rip twisto.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Runcible Cat posted:

Wasn't there some deal struck when Chaz remarried? That Camilla wouldn't get all the titles? Or was that just to stop her being Princess Camilla?

When he remarried she was only going to be princess consort upon his ascension to the throne. But QEII said earlier this year or last year that it was her "sincere desire" for Camilla to be known as queen consort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
She was always the Princess of Wales but the press never used it.