Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

To be fair, I've never been killed doing PI with my speedy Wreathe, but have died in an Epithal, so maybe it's for the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

wreathe supremacy

because nobody knows what the gently caress you are

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
let’s hear it also for the wreathe’s cool cloaky cousin the prowler

peak minmatar aesthetics

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

let’s hear it also for the wreathe’s cool cloaky cousin the prowler

peak minmatar aesthetics

In Rust, We Trust...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a half billion isk skin on my prowler that turned it into a pink and purple disco junkyard

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I have more hours in a prowler than any other ship

ama about moon surveying entire regions night after night after night after...

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Solus posted:

Team. The obvious solution is to unblacklist me - Cryo C Huren - and make me Waffe CEO

I'm on board.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

andromache posted:

a space important person

lol

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

In Rust, We Trust...

Hi

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

andromache posted:

I don't expect you to know this unless you've done coalition level diplo work, but diplomatic poo poo that's not a direct exec to exec conversation is usually weeks and months... not hours and days. So based on the killmail date to the AAD post date, my guess is that CD was very much in the "what the gently caress just happened, gather the facts" phase of things. Given that I've seen variations of this poo poo play out multiple times in my 11 years in illum, I'm going to say that a diplo or admin saw some leaders of Init in the "X Users are Reading this Topic" at the bottom of the thread, and shut that fucker down before some poo poo was said by random line member that caused some damage that couldn't be undone. Probably a smart move, given it wouldn't be the first time that some bill/globby/cryo/troll post actually managed to get under the skin of a space important person, hurt their ego, and complicated the hard work of resolving the problem. Pure speculation on my part, but I've been diplo adjacent long enough to know the playbook, and how autocrats act (cough wibla cough).

I've been out all week with one of those sinus infections that have so much pressure you've just got like tears nonstop. Didn't check anything eve-ish until late Thursday or Friday and saw the posts. So calling me an "authority" figure in this instance is a stretch. I have a lot of experience, but everything back to whenever I made that legal but lovely post is just me. Sometimes I've thought about adding a personal opinion disclaimer, but just like Dalael's thing is to copy and paste unattributed reddit posts to snag stupids for laughs, I guess mine is posting my opinions and people losing their minds because somehow I'm the alliance or coalition spokesman instead of just another distinguished poo poo-tier graduate of never not posting.

have you considered just not posting?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

That Works posted:

have you considered just not posting?

please dont say that, his posts trying to defend why goonswarm cant deal with bluefuckers and sex pests because space red tape is my favorite type of post

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Go RV! posted:

please dont say that, his posts trying to defend why goonswarm cant deal with bluefuckers and sex pests because space red tape is my favorite type of post

Good point. I used to like to watch the Sarah Huckabee press conferences to see whatever batshit excuse she would throw out there each week.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

learnincurve posted:

I have a half billion isk skin on my prowler that turned it into a pink and purple disco junkyard

You spent half a billion on a skin for a ship that should be cloaked 95% of the time? Worth it for the disco, I guess.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Semi-recent reminder: it takes ZERO effort to not give a poo poo about EVE Online, a bad game for internet sex pests.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
also your loved ones will thank you for it

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

You guys may not know this, but it is actually possible for people to not only enjoy eve, but also be normal people.

Just a thought, since it seems like some of you can't understand that not everyone who plays the funny spaceship game is a mittaniesque weirdo or xenuria the child molester.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

floppyspud posted:

You guys may not know this, but it is actually possible for people to not only enjoy eve, but also be normal people.

There’s a ton of evidence contrary to this at the same time though

Like it may be possible but it’s maybe not normal for an Eve player to be a normal human being I think

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You just don't hear about the normal ones because they don't cause drama.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

The Shortest Path posted:

You just don't hear about the normal ones because they don't cause drama.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

the silent madjority

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Idk, maybe redditors are not the best people to hang out with?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

floppyspud posted:

Just a thought, since it seems like some of you can't understand that not everyone who plays the funny spaceship game is a mittaniesque weirdo or xenuria the child molester.

This isn't a callout thread, no need to immediately go on the defensive.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That was the kind of thing a Redditor would say.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Reddit's actually really good. I browse it every day.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I deleted Reddit after reading the ball-python guide and being screamed at and called a “gatekeeper” by a snake hoarder mod for calling their guide showing teenagers how to screw 100w bulbs into ordinary light fittings and then attach them to the inside of plastic really useful boxes “a fire risk”

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

learnincurve posted:

I deleted Reddit

If only.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Since there's been no post here about it.

Apparently, Init told a CD diplomat exactly what they were going to be doing to these citadels several months ago. That diplomat had no knowledge of citadel mechanics and didn't move it up the chain because they didn't think it was important.

The coalition is making rules against doing something like this in the future, and Init has stopped what they were doing and will unanchor the remaining citadels.

There may be some compensation for some people. Mention specifically are Ukrainians who literally haven't been able to log into the game due to the war.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

:suicide:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GLOBBY B. THATGUY WILL YOU PLEASE GO NOW!

The time has come.

The time has come.

The time is now.

Just go.
Go.
GO!
I don't care how.

You can go by foot.
You can go by cow.

Globby B. Thatguy will you please go now!

You can go on skates.
You can go on skis.
You can go in a hat.
But please go.
Please!

I don't care.
You can go by ban.
You can go in threadban if you like.
If you like you can go in an old blue shoot.
Just go, go, GO!
Please do, do, DO!

Globby B. Thatguy, I don't care how.
Globby B. Thatguy, will you please GO NOW!

You can go on stilts.
You can go by fish.
You can go in an Ishtar if you wish.

If you wish you may go by Whiptail.
Or gently caress yourself and go by mail.
Globby B. Thatguy, don't you know the time has come to go, Go, GO!

Get on your way!
Please, Globby B.!
You might like going in a funnier way.

You can go by balloon or broomstick.
OR
You can go by camel in a probation report.

You can go by loving off, yet!
I don't care how you go.
Just GET!

Get yourself a Molok.
You can go with the dead!
Globby, Globby, Globby!
Will you leave this thread!

Globby B. Thatguy!
I don't care HOW.
Globby B. Thatguy!
Will you please GO NOW!

I said GO and GO I meant!

(The time had come.
SO!
Globby WENT.)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

Reddit's actually really good. I browse it every day.

:chloe:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

learnincurve posted:

Ouch, call me anything but a redditor. That just makes me feel sick.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

learnincurve posted:

please do not accuse other forums posters of being pedophiles without evidence ty

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Feliday Melody posted:

Since there's been no post here about it.

Apparently, Init told a CD diplomat exactly what they were going to be doing to these citadels several months ago. That diplomat had no knowledge of citadel mechanics and didn't move it up the chain because they didn't think it was important.

The coalition is making rules against doing something like this in the future, and Init has stopped what they were doing and will unanchor the remaining citadels.

There may be some compensation for some people. Mention specifically are Ukrainians who literally haven't been able to log into the game due to the war.

only the best and brightest for Corpse Diplomatique.

also, imagine needing to make a specific rule against blowing up your own structures so you can loot them because the rules against goonfucking somehow don't apply.

just a cavalcade of galaxy-brain manglement

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Call my posting bad, fine. But me, a redditor? That just crosses the line. I don't want to be associated with any of the r/funny lurkers or whatever horrible poo poo they do over there.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

only the best and brightest for Corpse Diplomatique.

also, imagine needing to make a specific rule against blowing up your own structures so you can loot them because the rules against goonfucking somehow don't apply.

just a cavalcade of galaxy-brain manglement

Lol told my corpmates the only things they could say about this was gonna be complete bullshit, I was not wrong.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

floppyspud posted:

Call my posting bad, fine. But me, a redditor? That just crosses the line. I don't want to be associated with any of the r/funny lurkers or whatever horrible poo poo they do over there.

You being a Redditor would imply you've practiced posting somewhere other than this thread, and by looking at the quality of your posts, we can rule that poo poo right out.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Xolve posted:

You being a Redditor would imply you've practiced posting somewhere other than this thread, and by looking at the quality of your posts, we can rule that poo poo right out.

Ah, much better!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i have uninstalled eve: online: the second genesis

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

please don't treat globby like a person, because he really isn't one. he has, through his intensely awful posting, proven that he has an innate need to dominate others and can only be coerced into civilized cooperative behavior if that cooperation comes at the expense of others. much like a wild animal, he can only imagine actions that benefit him in the immediacy. the lizard part of his brain overtakes that which makes the rest of us people. my advice, then, is to treat him the way you would treat a wild animal. you don't poke it with sticks, but rather let it be on its way or remove it from where you don't want it. good luck, goons

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

triple post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please don't treat globby like a person, because he really isn't one. he has, through his intensely awful posting, proven that he has an innate need to dominate others and can only be coerced into civilized cooperative behavior if that cooperation comes at the expense of others. much like a wild animal, he can only imagine actions that benefit him in the immediacy. the lizard part of his brain overtakes that which makes the rest of us people. my advice, then, is to treat him the way you would treat a wild animal. you don't poke it with sticks, but rather let it be on its way or remove it from where you don't want it. good luck, goons