Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Funky Valentine posted:

MHA!Momo hasn't even been stabbed once, we're not even close to The Bleach ExperienceTM

Then AFO'd just surrender because it didn't feel like a victory, and the day'd be saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Caidin posted:

Shiggy is pretty nonsense these days, but is he "What if your bones were made of cookies, and by posing that question now they are" tier playground bullshit?

That was actually the goal of him going after Stars and Stripes, since that's literally what her quirk does.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bleach's final arc was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish

remember how the fight with urahara resolved in such a way that it seemed like everyone there had died off screen? and he just didn't show up again for the rest of the series so the author then had to clarify they survived after the fact? that was cool

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Caidin posted:

Shiggy is pretty nonsense these days, but is he "What if your bones were made of cookies, and by posing that question now they are" tier playground bullshit?

When you consider his whole quirk that’s not actually a quirk so nuh-uh Eraserhead your stupid power doesn’t work then yes, yes it is

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

TheKingofSprings posted:

When you consider his whole quirk that’s not actually a quirk so nuh-uh Eraserhead your stupid power doesn’t work then yes, yes it is
There's just enough examples of it not working on people with physical quirks like The Invisible Girl and presumably Froppy who's more of a mutation-based quirk than an ability based quirk but then the guy with a tail went limp too so it's just a little all over the place

It'd also be a pretty boring fight if Shiggy were just standing around waiting for someone to kill him so turning into a giant cancerous abomination with regeneration and massive limbs is the best way to write himself out of the corner he put himself in. I don't know how the writer was ever going to do a compelling fight where the villain's ability is to literally turn everything he touches into dust which evolved into just being generally around him

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The best way to handle it would be to not have given Shiggy every overpowered quirk in the world and then incapacitate Eraserhead somehow so his ability couldn't be used. Eraserhead was fine as a teacher that could turn off his student's quirks during practices but his power is so binary it's not fun for important fights since he either trivializes them or there has to be some contrived reason he doesn't.

The disintegrate the world upgrade was also a mistake since it meant that the villain couldn't actually use his ability anymore as it's similarly binary. It either works and everyone dies or there's a reason invented (in this case Eraserhead and Monoma) why it doesn't.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 19, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have zero idea why eraserhead isnt dead in a ditch somewhere because the entire series seems to be struggling with the concept of him existing. its the same reason the the guy with future vision powers died.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Endorph posted:

i have zero idea why eraserhead isnt dead in a ditch somewhere because the entire series seems to be struggling with the concept of him existing. its the same reason the the guy with future vision powers died.

Because Kakashi is too popular to get rid of.

Also for some reason, people really like shipping him with Present Mic.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Delphisage posted:

I mean, they were friends in school together... and people really like tired/hyper ship dynamics

Chapter's up
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-366/chapter/25441
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014040

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Delphisage posted:

at least kakashi had a reason to be around. heck, kakashi vs obito was the best part of the final arc.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Considering how Shigaraki has been unaffected by most everything the heroes threw at him, I have to wonder why his first order of business wasn't just killing Aizawa and Monoma. Is there a special set-up for them that I'm forgetting?

Also, lol at Shiggy laughing at the rear end thing.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 19, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so far mirio's rear end has to be in the top 5 of most effective attacks anyone has thrown at shiggy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Considering how Shigaraki has been unaffected by most everything the heroes threw at him, I have to wonder why his first order of business wasn't just killing Aizawa and Monoma.

Is there a special set-up for them that I'm forgetting?

I think they're floating on a platform just outside of the shield, which really just makes me wonder why Shiggy didn't just try to get out of Eraser's line of sight by going behind the giant school that was in there with them.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Have I forgotten Shinso's last appearance, because he's also got an incredibly broken quirk that could potentially end the fight between AFO or Shiggy in an instant. While AFO was using Yuga as a mole AFO definitely should have tried to steal that quirk and either used it himself or given it to someone else since all anyone has to do is answer a question and end up under mind control.

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 19, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Considering how Shigaraki has been unaffected by most everything the heroes threw at him, I have to wonder why his first order of business wasn't just killing Aizawa and Monoma. Is there a special set-up for them that I'm forgetting?

Also, lol at Shiggy laughing at the rear end thing.

AfO downfall is not accounting for Shigiraki's latent Zoomer.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Tampa Bae posted:

Have I forgotten Shinso's last appearance, because he's also got an incredibly broken quirk that could potentially end the fight between AFO or Shiggy in an instant

I'm sure it wouldn't work the same way Star's didn't since Shiggy has no idea who he is and therefore there's nothing to take control of

Or AFO pulls an Inner Sakura from the Chunin Exams and smacks Shinso out of Shiggy's head

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

shinso feels like a strange artifact of a hypothetical 700 chapter MHA, where the concepts he introduces about quirk discrimination and school-related stuff are way more important. his power should be extremely useful given that all the villains love to loving talk and have no idea who he is, so he's been quietly whisked offstage since (as eraserhead shows) Hori has no idea how to handle it.

e: honestly the funniest thing about shinso is that in the very same arc where he's like "I've trained very hard and can now use eraserhead's fancy scarf" deku just gets blackwhip, which is the scarf but a million times better.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 19, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mirio & Mirko are MHA's MVPs for utilizing the moon in their attacks

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Valentin posted:

shinso feels like a strange artifact of a hypothetical 700 chapter MHA, where the concepts he introduces about quirk discrimination and school-related stuff are way more important. his power should be extremely useful given that all the villains love to loving talk and have no idea who he is, so he's been quietly whisked offstage since (as eraserhead shows) Hori has no idea how to handle it.
His whole character arc was "Wow your quirk seems like something a villain would use" so he had no friends, crawled into Class A and then had no friends and hasn't been involved with the end-game yet.

For that matter Monoma could just touch Shiggy, gain his quirk and attempy to melt him away while Eraserhead is doing his thing. Even if Monoma fails at least it'd had given better urgency to the fight

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I wonder if we'll get to see Monoma use Overhaul's quirk.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

one thing after reading the official translation: it's wild to me that hori very rarely draws a hit actually connecting. not only does it seem like a waste to not like, show deku completely pasting shiggy here, it also makes it incredibly hard to parse what's going on up front with shigaraki knocking everyone away one-by-one. you constantly have to guess at what action happened between panels.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 19, 2022

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Delphisage posted:

Because they've been friends since high school and they seem to still be best friends in spite of the fact that you'd think Present Mic's entire personality would annoy the poo poo out of Aizawa. There have been far weaker reasons for fans to ship two people together than that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also Aizawa has only had 3 real close friends in his life and 2 of them are dead now. Well, one of them is a smoke zombie, but that's probably worse.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

people don't need a reason to ship

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kakashi got shipped with Iruka so I dunno why people think it's weird that people ship Aizawa with his genki friend Mic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What else are they gonna do, pair him up with Midnight or Mt. lady? Insane.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Do you think Mirio learned to shake his rear end from Mt. Lady?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

What else are they gonna do, pair him up with Midnight or Mt. lady? Insane.

Why would you, when you could pair Midnight with Mt. Lady?

People are weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Why would you, when you could pair Midnight with Mt. Lady?

People are weird.

I wouldn't because I like the dynamic of Small One/Giant One and it's the small one that's actually the stronger of the two.

That's a longer way of saying that I like the Vegeta and Nappa set up too much to not pair up Miruko and Mt. Lady.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Valentin posted:

one thing after reading the official translation: it's wild to me that hori very rarely draws a hit actually connecting.

Now that you mention it, the last time I recall someone being punched was "DJ Punch".

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Was page 3 the first time we've seen someone other than All Might or Deku SMASH?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4289/my-hero-academia-chapter-367

Got a good laugh out of Deku asking if everyone was okay and then noticing the carnage around him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we still havent lost a single thing, except 3/4 of miruko's limbs

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

"We haven't lost a single thing," I mean Edgeshot is definitely going to die and Bakugo was clinically dead there for a hot minute. Miruko's lost a few more limbs and Amajiki's probably lost his will to live considering Shigarki no-sold his ultimate attack.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

Got a good laugh out of Deku asking if everyone was okay and then noticing the carnage around him.

Glad I'm not the only that laughed at this.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
The arc was already giving me Saiyan Saga recollections, but this is just straight-up the Over 9000 scene. Better move on fast, Hori, because you are not comparing favorable to DBZ.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CuwiKhons posted:

"We haven't lost a single thing," I mean Edgeshot is definitely going to die

Literally who

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rhonne posted:

Same

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

The thread ninja guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I don't even know what the reader is supposed to feel about this anymore. everyone got badly hosed up! no wait it's fine. okay time to have the exact same fight we would have had if deku didn't get teleported to the wrong place, forcing everyone to spin their wheels for twenty chapters.

also at this point showing all the AFO users at once mostly just underlines how boring they are as a group. especially impressive since nana was supposed to have important emotional relationships to many of the key characters in the manga and now she's just looking vaguely bored as another member of the "oh right, those guys" ensemble. deku's most important OFA mentor is the blackwhip guy!