Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

It's a quote from Jaws, said by BIggerBoat's av, I believe.

quote:

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm sold!

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Soul Dentist posted:

Lil Nas X briefly took over that Twitter account and was removed after posting Sonic mpreg hth

lil nas x is an american treasure

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Soul Dentist posted:

Lil Nas X briefly took over that Twitter account and was removed after posting Sonic mpreg hth

Or so the legend goes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

tyrelhill posted:

lil nas x is an american treasure

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1571204285098037248

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Was having a stressful time today at my job selling salvage and repro furniture, stumbled on this in our catalog of reproduction hardware, and had a much-needed chuckle. Now I want to order some and sell a refinished 19th c armoire with goatse knobs.

Edit: sorry thought I was still in the blessed thread. Though I guess y'all might get a chuckle out of it too.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Sep 19, 2022

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Those scenes are typically two camera, with small digital camera for BTS. :eng101:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Was having a stressful time today at my job selling salvage and repro furniture, stumbled on this in our catalog of reproduction hardware, and had a much-needed chuckle. Now I want to order some and sell a refinished 19th c armoire with goatse knobs.

Edit: sorry thought I was still in the blessed thread. Though I guess y'all might get a chuckle out of it too.

There's nothing funny about goatse

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

JacquelineDempsey posted:

More like solid rear end.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Source us the goat knobs, for artisanal purposes! :orks:

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

The Demilich posted:

Source us the goat knobs, for artisanal purposes! :orks:

you may search B&M Hardware 1330-pb for the knob

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is good to know in case I misplace my knob.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

By popular demand posted:

This is good to know in case I misplace my knob.

My mom will give you a call when that happens again.

Wait, poo poo.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Grendels Dad posted:

My mom will give you a call when that happens again.

Wait, poo poo.

Grendel's dad's mother sounds like the beginnings of one of those tricky logic puzzle thingies

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

BiggerBoat posted:

What if it's just one shark though with several GPS trackers hooked to his body?

I'll catch this bird for ya but it's not gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

Just how long have you been waiting to pull something like this off?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Samovar posted:

This is pretty far from BiggerBoat's first on-point Jaws reference lol

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Samovar posted:

Got dammit we just had a your mom joke

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The only time I get to do a joke about my username is in the context of UDP networking, but I'm never sure if anybody gets it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Data Graham posted:

The only time I get to do a joke about my username is in the context of UDP networking, but I'm never sure if anybody gets it

It doesn't count if the setup and punchline are your own, you know! :goonsay:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
It hurts when IP.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

We definitely wouldn't get it here in the UK thanks to the difference in pronunciation!

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I thought data was the robot from star wars...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It doesn't count if the setup and punchline are your own, you know! :goonsay:

That’s why I have to keep making it over and over, just to be sure

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Data Graham posted:

It's like leveling speechcraft in Morrowind

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Data Graham posted:

Oh I'll give you a response, you cheeky fucker... :toughguy:

(:golfclap:)

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Data Graham posted:

Is not having confirmation that they received it part of the joke?

Edot: Oh no why didn't I read any of the posts after that one, I've been made a fool of!

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/goulcher/status/1571881561041293313?s=20&t=SuWUJj8J0IhSiw4-xq4c8A

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What am I missing? It looks like a normal (well, normal for monarchies) funeral procession. Is it the two motorcycles zooming to the front?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Turn up the volume and listen from the beginning.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Hopefully there wasn't an attempt on the queens life during her funeral procession.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Turn up the volume and listen from the beginning.

Oh, well that is weird

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It was probably a producer feeding him lines that accidentally got broadcast

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Do they often chat about necromancy on the producer channel?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
I think it may be someone trying to console either themselves or someone else, and got picked up on a hot mic.

I google searched for "the death is irreversible" thinking it may be a rote phrase or passage used to console others, and the hits I was getting back pertained to helping people handle grief, especially special needs children.

One example that came back was this paper:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3695546/

quote:

If however, the [traumatic memory] is mainly about the loss itself, the updating needs further thought. Boelen et al. emphasize that the patient needs to understand that the death is irreversible. This is an idea that is difficult to grasp for most people, who will find it difficult to comprehend that a person can be alive one moment and then cease to exist the next moment.

Velocity Raptor has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Sep 19, 2022

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like my raincoat!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Data Graham posted:

Like my raincoat!

Irreversible? Or dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot