Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why was everyone acting as if the Smith's were weird?

That's kind of how the worst aspects of our society works? Like, we find a scapegoat to project all our own fears about being weird onto to make it seem like we're 'normal'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Episode was gold top, truly worthy of the big game.

Rebuilding a shared culture based around a single commercial after having all memories erased by magnetic rocks isn't a concept you see explored often in sitcoms.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Episode was gold top, truly worthy of the big game.

Rebuilding a shared culture based around a single commercial after having all memories erased by magnetic rocks isn't a concept you see explored often in sitcoms.

there was an entire play that was big in artsy circles about people doing that in the post-apocalypse over the Cape Feare simpsons episode.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

The thought of American Dad ending is Tiffany's boyfriend, not Gold Top at all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I haven’t seen the movie The Lighthouse, but was that first part when they get to the lighthouse referencing that?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can't imagine surviving on pumpkin pie filling.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

So did the Gold Top episode just air? I watched it when it got released or leaked or whatever earlier this summer.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

So did the Gold Top episode just air? I watched it when it got released or leaked or whatever earlier this summer.

Yup.

Great episode. Not the funniest, but really entertaining, and a worthy follow up to the episodes like Rabbit Ears.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

there was an entire play that was big in artsy circles about people doing that in the post-apocalypse over the Cape Feare simpsons episode.

Do you remember the title? Because that sounds very much like something I would enjoy and would love to try and find a script I could read.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Do you remember the title? Because that sounds very much like something I would enjoy and would love to try and find a script I could read.

Mr Burns, A Post Electric Play.

This was a weird episode and I loved it?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Good gravy that was amazing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

FlamingLiberal posted:

I haven’t seen the movie The Lighthouse, but was that first part when they get to the lighthouse referencing that?

It kind of had that weird vibe but I wouldn't say it was riffing on it or anything.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Mr Burns, A Post Electric Play.

This was a weird episode and I loved it?

Thank you! I looked this up and my suspicions were correct, I did like it.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I was hoping they would go back to the island to live there forever. Another glorious possible series finale.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Was that a finale? Episode was amazing and doubled down on it at the interview.

American Dad should never die.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nope, not a finale, we're getting an episode called "The Three Fs" next Monday and every Monday after that till mid-December.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nope, not a finale, we're getting an episode called "The Three Fs" next Monday and every Monday after that till mid-December.

Going to be very confusing with several identically named episodes in a row. So like a 6 part finale?

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I think we're having a communication breakdown here. I was just saying that it would be ridiculous if that had been the last episode ever.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It seems almost like the whole thing could be a Gold Top commercial. Kind of like "you & your family could get stranded on an island & lose your memory, then rescued & ridiculed, but you'll never forget the amazingness of Gold Top". I guess that would make them watching the Gold Top commercial while stranded extra weird though. Hmm.

Anyway, the island part could have been shorter, but overall I liked the episode.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Any episode where we get to see Morning Mimosa is great. I loved Trish being passed our drunk in her chair at like 10 am and they keep on filming.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I like this snow episode. It's good to see klaus and snot get along

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Three Fs
Season 19, Episode 11 - September 19, 2022
Francine's newfound friendship with a frog brings excitement to the whole Smith household. Unfortunately, it drives their neighbor, Greg, crazy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

American Dad synopses are written by AIs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu is showing them losing the show at the end of September. Not sure what's going on there.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

muscles like this! posted:

Hulu is showing them losing the show at the end of September. Not sure what's going on there.

Apparently that's when the streaming rights expire...

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Any idea where it'd go? This is one of the only shows I'll rewatch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is on Disney Plus outside of America so maybe it goes there?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s still technically a Fox show, so probably?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hulu is already where Disney puts stuff they own that’s too adult for Disney+ (in the US) so unless it does go to D+ it seems like its already in the only place it should be.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Zero One posted:

Hulu is already where Disney puts stuff they own that’s too adult for Disney+ (in the US) so unless it does go to D+ it seems like its already in the only place it should be.

Yeah it’s owned by the company that owns its streaming service so I have no idea why rights would be an issue

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
American Dad going to D+ would probably be the only way I'd ever consider subscribing. I hope that doesn't happen, though.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
are they still producing episodes or has production stopped and its just burning through a un aired back log

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Actual production is still handled by Fox 20th TV, so I assume they’re still beavering away fine.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Two eggs, one over easy, one over medium; three sausage links, a cup of cottage cheese with a drizzle of honey, a fruit cup--unless it’s mostly honeydew, in which case skip it and make it half a grapefruit. A glass of whole milk over ice, and a side of toast barely browned, (closer to bread than toast--I’m not joking--) with as many local jams as you have in stock.

Oh, and a Bloody Mary.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Brawnfire posted:

Two eggs, one over easy, one over medium; three sausage links, a cup of cottage cheese with a drizzle of honey, a fruit cup--unless it’s mostly honeydew, in which case skip it and make it half a grapefruit. A glass of whole milk over ice, and a side of toast barely browned, (closer to bread than toast--I’m not joking--) with as many local jams as you have in stock.

Oh, and a Bloody Mary.

Is this your Waffle House order?

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

You forgot a side of Gold Top Nuts.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Brawnfire posted:

Oh, and a Bloody Mary.

Sorry, we don't serve alcohol.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

limp_cheese posted:

Sorry, we don't serve alcohol.

(smash cut to a new restaurant)

Excuse me, is Smuckers produced locally? No, it's not.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1569738986708471809?s=20&t=NR9ZC8RmqYjXTg_IRILifQ

Tell TBS how much you like the show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

That took much longer than expected, bit annoying. I said Francine is my favourite character because she can drain a 2L Sunkist in, like, a second.