Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will Nate Diaz move onto after the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Official Stockton Weed King 26 48.15%
Rizin champion, stripped within two days of winning 4 7.41%
Official spokesperson for Subway sandwiches 6 11.11%
Let's be real: it's Bareknuckle Fighting Championship 18 33.33%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

They replaced "knockout of the night" with the generic "performance bonus" because nowadays a lot of the general population knows that knocking someone unconscious is bad for your brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Everything was allowed at first. UFC at the beginning wasn't "Mixed Martial Arts" it was "No Holds Barred".

The only things not allowed were eye-gouging and biting.

Fishhooking and small joint manipulation as well I think

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
USADA testing was a big step for legitimacy.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Losing the UFC gladiator and Face the Pain intro is when I knew this company was in the toilet.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I have news:

My brother - the progenitor of oildome - is being released in 45 days.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Stealth Tiger posted:

They replaced "knockout of the night" with the generic "performance bonus" because nowadays a lot of the general population knows that knocking someone unconscious is bad for your brain

I thought this was more a response to cards only having one submission / knockout so they weren't rewarding an ordinary submission win over the second best KO of the night.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Untrustable posted:

I have news:

hell yes! i hope he's well and healthy and finds success

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Untrustable posted:

I have news:

something awful promotions oildome card when

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

hell yes! i hope he's well and healthy and finds success

I hope he can get his poo poo together this time. In the last 20 years he's only been a free man for 3 of them.

I also hope he has more oildome stories.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kimbo305 posted:

USADA testing was a big step for legitimacy.

Yet Conor hasn’t been tested in more than a year.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Untrustable posted:

I have news:

Never lost the belt in a fight; absolute legend.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Mr. Nice! posted:

Conor never gunna fight again tho

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Conor's going to fight 2030 when he's snorted all this money.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Conor's going to fight 2030 when he's snorted all this money.

At the rate he seems to be snorting, I think it'll be earlier than that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Conor is just going to pick and choose.

He'll fight nate at some point and probably a Paul brother but he's 34 and had some tough outcomes in his last couple.

Hes got 0 reason to keep fighting other than using the lead up to promote his business ventures.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

LOL.

What is Jon Jones status with the UFC these days, is he officially off the roster? Not sure if I'd prefer to never see him fight again or go out on a losing streak, probably the former.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's still on the roster yes.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

first time ive ever seen a ref stop a fight and the fighters just say "nah"

https://twitter.com/MMARoasted/status/1571636334221209601

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aye Doc posted:

first time ive ever seen a ref stop a fight and the fighters just say "nah"

Tell me you've never seen a Palhares fight, without telling me you've never seen a Palhares fight.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mr. Nice! posted:

im sure there's a good reas--

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1571538070498844677?t=KmInf19bmHxpT9kDYILPDQ&s=19

-- oh. what the hell?

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Mr. Nice! posted:

For reference, Travis Browne hasn't fought since 2017, is still in the USADA testing pool and has been tested three times this year

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1571951027904987138?t=buNEcZ3JXZ9m44qymjWP4w&s=19

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The lapel mic gaffer taped to his bare chest is bringing me a lot of joy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
A good watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJZy1G8sKs

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

modern day jose aldo is the only guy in the ufc who looks more dangerous than he actually is and he actually is one of the most lethal people on earth. everything about the guy just screams do not gently caress with me.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

CommonShore posted:

it's still good to keep fighters from having their wrestling coaches jab them with catheters in hotel rooms.

I know that’s the correct word but being that most laypeople think first of urinary catheters that sounds even worse

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Not working for anyone else?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
works for me

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Not working for anyone else?

I don't see any geoblocks on the video so it should work from anywhere.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Oh, I used an app to block that channel. :lol:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Gone -- what was it?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

kimbo305 posted:

Gone -- what was it?

Conor doing his wild eyed flex yelling while looking like he ate Brock Lesnar's medicine cabinet down to the drywall screws

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Gone -- what was it?

It was the original for this:

For most things I like to grab the original source but with these weird mcgregor videos that doesn't work too well.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

that because theres no rhyme or reason to anything he does, just whatever serves his weird ego

OmegaFartHuffer
Feb 23, 2022
He probably deleted it because the super high waisted sweats and his weird hunched over posture made him look Cejudo's height

A Passing Feeling
Mar 18, 2009

His whole appearance on the MMA Hour was like a weird fever dream, right down to him (still shirtless) shaving someone's head and casually dropping some slurs to the dismay of everyone around him

I love this dumb sport

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

OmegaFartHuffer posted:

He probably deleted it because the super high waisted sweats and his weird hunched over posture made him look Cejudo's height

I figured it was because the cocaine wore off

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I completely missed the show on Saturday, which fights from the Sandhagen/Song show are worth running back since there's nothing this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Boco_T posted:

I completely missed the show on Saturday, which fights from the Sandhagen/Song show are worth running back since there's nothing this week.

Main, comain, Hernandez-barriault... Robertson -agapova. Anything that was a finish.

Some of the others were ok but avoid the cosce-giles fight and the decision on the prelims with the mexican guy with a Z in his name