Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Anyway, if you need a throne for one of your figs this could be a good option

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1571505765264855040?s=46&t=cenfXOlevAe7ilutQQBZiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Anyway, if you need a throne for one of your figs this could be a good option

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1571505765264855040?s=46&t=cenfXOlevAe7ilutQQBZiw

That's cool. It's honestly kind of funny how McFarlane will just do a throne like that as a bonus pack-in for a $20 figure, while other companies will sell you the throne by itself for like $50.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That's cool. It's honestly kind of funny how McFarlane will just do a throne like that as a bonus pack-in for a $20 figure, while other companies will sell you the throne by itself for like $50.

Dave Hasbro will charge you 90 dollars for the throne with a repainted figure on the Bucky Cap mold.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Grant DaNasty posted:

It's class picture day for my figure collection. Jesus Christ I have too many of these things.

Wow dude that is impressive. You need so set up a huge battle!

Also is it just me or does the guy in the front looks like Danny Huston

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's definitely John Noble.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

That's definitely John Noble.

I picked up that head from a booth at Toy-lanta this year. I didn't realize it was based on an actor until later on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It works really well. The other one holding the helmet is a double of the same figure, right?

The John Noble head and cape really elevate him from another knight to the guy in charge.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

It works really well. The other one holding the helmet is a double of the same figure, right?

The John Noble head and cape really elevate him from another knight to the guy in charge.

Yep, lately whenever I buy a knight I try to buy a few so I can make them into an army for a different kingdom.

These are all Templar Knight Legion Builders and Sir Owains.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Herald of Galactus Thor is pretty sweet

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It’s the guy from Fortnite!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Palpatine?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
At some point I'll have to post my mythics collection. I've fallen down that rabbit hole hard all thanks to this thread. Right now I'm trying to complete Seventh Kingdom and the Scarabus set at the same time and that's very expensive.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Goku

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I know not everyone was cool with the regular head sculpt, but if you are interested Morph is in stock at the disney store

https://www.shopdisney.com/marvels-...rchType=regular

Same price as Pulse give or take a buck or two

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Looks like Zing finally added the new Ghost Rider Haslab and wow it's listed for 900AUD, including GST, that's only, ONLY, the equivalent of ~600 USD. gently caress off, that poo poo looks barely worth the original 350USD+Taxes and Shipping as is, even if they add like 3+ fancy rear end extra figures as stretch goals there's no way I can justify that price

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

I know not everyone was cool with the regular head sculpt, but if you are interested Morph is in stock at the disney store

https://www.shopdisney.com/marvels-...rchType=regular

Same price as Pulse give or take a buck or two

Going on the Disney store reminded me this terrible Miles figure exists.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1569277694591881217

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

DHL Express is some kind of wizard magic that I don't understand but absolutely love. Osaka > Cincinnati > San Francisco > My Apartment in Concord in three days while FedEx takes two weeks to get me something coming from New Jersey

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

thiccabod posted:

DHL Express is some kind of wizard magic that I don't understand but absolutely love. Osaka > Cincinnati > San Francisco > My Apartment in Concord in three days while FedEx takes two weeks to get me something coming from New Jersey

FedEx still uses mules to transport packages.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The_Doctor posted:

Going on the Disney store reminded me this terrible Miles figure exists.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1569277694591881217

This dumpy thing is so funny in every way

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This is one of the reasons why FedEx is in dire financial problems

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DHL also has ungodly slow options, but luckily that's not what all the big Japanese sites use.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This is one of the reasons why FedEx is in dire financial problems

Dumpy spidermen?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Dumpy spidermen?

Yes

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

DHL did it's thing and delivered me two metal men that just departed Osaka on Saturday. I'm a real big fan of the Sentinel Fighting Armor line (aka Iron Man cosplaying as other Marvel heroes). Forgive the boring poses, I threw them all together just to grab a pic for the thread:

Definitely getting the four upcoming figures that haven't released yet (War Machine, Black Panther, Thor, and Loki) and will probably grab anything else they announce for this line. They feel great in-hand and the metallic finishes are beautiful. I'd love it if they did Vision at some point; I'm sure the purples and greens would really pop

Edit: also had these guys arrive today which I grabbed from Sanschel's thread in SA Mart. Packed wonderfully and in excellent condition. If only I had more room :negative:

thiccabod fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 19, 2022

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Dumpy spidermen?

I don’t know what’s going on with their delivery guys but my packages keep arriving late, riddled with bullets and covered in giant spider webs.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The first Horseman has arrived. What a badass looking set.

Really glad I got in now, so I can get the rest at retail.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Really glad I got in now, so I can get the rest at retail.

Do you have the Illythia and Poxxus two pack on order? Or are you just going to get them in separate boxes?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Do you have the Illythia and Poxxus two pack on order? Or are you just going to get them in separate boxes?

Seperate boxes. I don't NEED them in the two pack, this just happened to cost me less somehow.

Just wow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm really glad I never got into Legions. My completist nature would get way out of control.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So what's the status of the Mythic Legions Four Horsemen? I thought most of them were out, is it only the first one that's hard to get?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So what's the status of the Mythic Legions Four Horsemen? I thought most of them were out, is it only the first one that's hard to get?

1 is out, maybe a year ago. That’s the dude I posted. 2 just released, 3 is on preorder and 4 is unannounced:

Rhyno posted:

I'm really glad I never got into Legions. My completist nature would get way out of control.

I’m keeping it to the 4 plus the random one I preordered a few months ago because she is cool looking. I’d have to sell my car to get fully in.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Arethyr shipped out last year. Illythia is shipping now. Poxxus is in production and should be shipping in early Q1'23 hopefully. Necronominus will be revealed later this year for preorder.

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m keeping it to the 4 plus the random one I preordered a few months ago because she is cool looking. I’d have to sell my car to get fully in.

You'd have to be rich to be a completist and keeping up with current preorders is already ridiculous.

It's crazy, even if I decided to quit the line and stop preordering now I already have about a couple thousand dollars in Mythic Legions and Cosmic Legions preorders still waiting to get produced and shipped. So I'll be getting in waves of this stuff delivered over the next couple years to lure me back in.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Grant DaNasty posted:

You'd have to be rich to be a completist and keeping up with current preorders is already ridiculous.

I think the 4 Horsemen and the blue wizard lady will be a fine collection for me.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I appreciate those of you who buy lots of Mythic Legions so I can live vicariously through your rad collections.

The only one I own so far is the She-Ra tribute. Not the best one, but it’s the one I needed. I also preordered a cool wizard and a big dragon guy, I couldn’t resist those because they reminded me of some favorite childhood toys.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’ve limited my Mythic Legions purely to the skeleton guys. I’d definitely had been in on the four horsemen, if I knew they existed when they were available. Knowing I can’t actually build the set is a little relieving lol

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Stopped by Target to check in on the newest toy offerings and they got the new Playmate Star Trek collection in. I actually think I saw everyone in the sets represented except for the Discovery cast. Couldn't help myself and picked up Picard. Not bad for $12.99. The facial likeness is pretty darn good!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Jet Ready Go posted:

Stopped by Target to check in on the newest toy offerings and they got the new Playmate Star Trek collection in. I actually think I saw everyone in the sets represented except for the Discovery cast. Couldn't help myself and picked up Picard. Not bad for $12.99. The facial likeness is pretty darn good!

I approve of everything going on in the foreground and background of this image.

Also, I canceled my pre-orders for these Playmates figures but I feel like if I see them in the wild I will end up grabbing some.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I got about a third of my collection into my new shelves. They are seven figures deep carded...

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 20, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what's the best place to order shelves online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Burkion posted:

what's the best place to order shelves online

I dunno I built my own to fit my space