Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Brawnfire posted:

One time I heard a decently-popular YouTuber say they were inspired by a YouTuber they watched as a kid, and i got a real weird sensation

Thanks for the story but I hate this post so much.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The Sean posted:

for those that don't know, this is Big Mike from Reno 911.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-m_73ddik

edit: I said "spanish mike" at first but I think that's Oscar from The Office.

Also Cotton/Kahn on King of the Hill and he’s The Wiz!

a sexual elk has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Sep 19, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

a sexual elk posted:

and he’s The Wiz!

Uh oh

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

a sexual elk posted:

Also Cotton/Kahn on King of the Hill and he’s The Wiz!

I was under the impression that Kahn was VA'd by Mike Judge.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I've heard tell some youths refer to the 90s as "the late 1900s"

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Nordick posted:

erase this

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the kids aren't alright.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Don't worry, time will soon erase it for you.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Nordick posted:

Those youths are wrong, and also bad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is no more commendable task for a youth to commit themselves to than the utter demolition of the old, and that now includes us.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

OwlFancier posted:

There is no more commendable task for a youth to commit themselves to than the utter demolition of the old, and that now includes us.

God I love not having to give a poo poo about pop culture. I can be a weirdo and like what I like without social pressure. Being old rules.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Not me, I will always be young

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

OPAONI posted:

God I love not having to give a poo poo about pop culture. I can be a weirdo and like what I like without social pressure. Being old rules.

This is true and I still choose panic at the disco and my chemical romance.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

a sexual elk posted:

and he’s The Wiz!
I quote The Wiz more than any of his other characters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/zNM1rdh.mp4

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Nordick posted:

My nephew just turned 13 a few days ago and he said this to me. Gotta say, it really made me feel old. And then he showed me a bunch of TikTok videos he thought were hilarious and I really really felt old.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
tl;dr: being 38 is weird and I have little in common with people even vaguely outside my immediate age

I'm 38 and find myself in such a weird place, socially. I have a friend who is 36, and I knew him since I was 17, and I remember thinking back then how weird it felt having a friend so much younger than me. Now he's the person I know who's the closest in age to me. I'm also finding that for the first time in my life I'm not the youngest one in the group. In fact, in one of my friendship circles, I'm the second oldest and it's loving weird. I also used to be attracted to much older women; now those "much older women" have gone through menopause and could be grandmothers. Grandmothers!!! I also used to just find any woman attractive, but I live in a college town and I see like 20 year-old women who are objectively hot but I can't look at them because I feel like I'd just be a weird old man eyeing young women but also, like, these are people I have so little in common with, what would we even talk about? I could never have a relationship with anyone that young. I start thinking about what my cutoff is, like at which point would someone be too young for me to feel compatible with. It feels like anyone not in their 30s would be intolerable to try and maintain a real relationship with. My mother was eleven years younger than my father, but -- my ex was only one year younger than me and she's actually the only -- what the gently caress was I talking about? Oh, right, also, I find this weird generational division that I've never had before, where like a friend who is four years younger than me, did not grow up with the same music, movies, video games, cartoons, even though we are basically the same age.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

credburn posted:

tl;dr: being 38 is weird and I have little in common with people even vaguely outside my immediate age

I'm 38 and find myself in such a weird place, socially. I have a friend who is 36, and I knew him since I was 17, and I remember thinking back then how weird it felt having a friend so much younger than me. Now he's the person I know who's the closest in age to me. I'm also finding that for the first time in my life I'm not the youngest one in the group. In fact, in one of my friendship circles, I'm the second oldest and it's loving weird. I also used to be attracted to much older women; now those "much older women" have gone through menopause and could be grandmothers. Grandmothers!!! I also used to just find any woman attractive, but I live in a college town and I see like 20 year-old women who are objectively hot but I can't look at them because I feel like I'd just be a weird old man eyeing young women but also, like, these are people I have so little in common with, what would we even talk about? I could never have a relationship with anyone that young. I start thinking about what my cutoff is, like at which point would someone be too young for me to feel compatible with. It feels like anyone not in their 30s would be intolerable to try and maintain a real relationship with. My mother was eleven years younger than my father, but -- my ex was only one year younger than me and she's actually the only -- what the gently caress was I talking about? Oh, right, also, I find this weird generational division that I've never had before, where like a friend who is four years younger than me, did not grow up with the same music, movies, video games, cartoons, even though we are basically the same age.

Would you like to upsize your drink for 50c extra?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

credburn posted:

Wait until you get into your 40's. :corsair:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

DaveKap posted:

I quote The Wiz more than any of his other characters.

Nobody beats him!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
30's were kind of nice compared to the utter life defeat my 40's have brought me. but that's life, you spin plates faster and faster till it all comes crashing down and you die.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

LifeSunDeath posted:

30's were kind of nice compared to the utter life defeat my 40's have brought me. but that's life, you spin plates faster and faster till it all comes crashing down and you die.

If I stop spinning the plates do I die sooner?

I'd say "asking for a friend", but I have no friends.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CzarChasm posted:

If I stop spinning the plates do I die sooner?

I'd say "asking for a friend", but I have no friends.

Eventually, yeah, but you have to sit in a pile of broken plates for a while so it's not really worth it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

LifeSunDeath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnIHVvEwbLk

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm kinda enjoying my 40s. Ofc, transition has kinda rebooted a bunch of stuff, so I am cheating, but its overall shaping up to be a p cool decade, assuming the world doesn't collapse around me

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Have you guys tried just buying stuff and watching sports to distract yourself

And video games?

I'm in my late 30s (nearly my last 30s) and I don't think my age has contributed in any way to my enjoyment of life, I just have more money to distract myself with now than I did in my 20s.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I definitely watch more sports than before, especially since my skills in any physical activities are markedly decreasing every day.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/rAFP13z.mp4

I can relate

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

Wait until you get into your 40's. :corsair:

Super fun when you see a pretty young lady and realize she's probably the same age as one of your kids.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
I work in video games, so I kind of have the opposite experience; I’m over 40 but I’m so steeped in internet culture as a result of keeping up with industry trends that I relate really well to people younger than me but we never hang out because I have kids and they’re out late partying.

You still get the occasional hyper-aging moment when you’re telling someone about a game you played in high school and they’re like “that came out before I was born”.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

You still get the occasional hyper-aging moment when you’re telling someone about a game you played in high school and they’re like “that came out before I was born”.

I have an intern at work who was going on and on about how he loved final fantasy but never played the really really old ones, like ff7 and 8

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

My younger two children asked how to hang up a 90s touchtone phone at an antique shop. I said “the term is ‘hang up’ for a reason” and they learned why that’s the term for ending a call.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Many people seem to be forgetting that the older you are, the sooner you get to die, so it's not all bad.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

My moment was running a trivia session for fun at work and after one of the questions, one of the newer employees hit us all with “who’s Val Kilmer?”

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Bad Munki posted:

My moment was running a trivia session for fun at work and after one of the questions, one of the newer employees hit us all with “who’s Val Kilmer?”

Well? Who is he?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Well? Who is he?

Everyone always wants to ask Who is he and noone ever wants to ask How is he

he is unwell

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

VelociBacon posted:

Everyone always wants to ask Who is he and noone ever wants to ask How is he

he is unwell

smoking is bad kids mmkay

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

SyNack Sassimov posted:

smoking is bad kids mmkay

I always figured Val's cancer was from eating too much pussy, but yeah it could be smoking too

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Well? Who is he?

https://i.imgur.com/kEynlfA.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

DandyLion posted:

I always figured Val's cancer was from eating too much pussy, but yeah it could be smoking too

He's said that he started stealing his uncle's cigarettes and smoking them at 8.

Also, he's a Christian Scientist for life and did a vanity project extolling the virtues of Mary Baker Eddy, so he's not a paragon of virtue or anything.

(I saw the Amazon documentary when it popped up because I was like "oh, Val Kilmer, haven't heard from him in a while wonder what he's up to" and then as I watched I was like "huh...well.....I guess I'll appreciate the acting he's done but guy himself doesn't seem great").