Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the glider jpeg can wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Boogle posted:

The giant Araana quest chains should get you most of the way to level 2 rep.

Pretty sure most of them don't count, actually.

Garrand posted:

Yeah, the Tri-whatever creatures that make up a bunch of stuff in sumeru. They have a normal state, an activated state (electro) and a scorched state (pyro). You can also basically shut the lenses off by hitting it with pyro, there's just no point in doing it afaik.

After a point I literally just started hitting everything I could interact with with electro and pyro to see what would happen if it didn't say anything outright.

So is the fuzzy poo poo the tri lak-something creature, and the big obvious mushroom/flying ball/starshroom just sorta present? Because the way it's stated all over the game, there are things with three states, but they're all distinct living things that just get grouped that way. Saying "poo poo with fuzz on it has states" would make for an actual explanation, even if it would be annoying to have to circle around every drat thing looking for fuzzy poo poo to see if it'll do something special.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I kinda like the way that doing jobs for forest fairies doesn't impact your human rep much. It's not as though they are talking to humans about your heroic deeds. Makes for a neat tradeoff on the returns for how I spend my time, do I want to get closer to unlocking reputation grind or do I want better ability to deal with regional overworld gimmicks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's pretty easy after you get some exploration (and ofc archon) xp. I didn't bother doing world quests to open commissions until I hit 20%.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Is there any sort of website or spreadsheet where I can plug in a character and their gear/talent levels/etc. and have it spit out the best recommendations for upgrades? Or even just plug in two artifacts and have it tell me which one is better for character X all else considered?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well I finally caught up on all the events last night so I can probably just focus on the Archon Quest the rest of the week to get up to date for part III with 3.1. Really solid introduction to Sumeru honestly, though the flagship event Graven Innocence maybe could have been a little stronger content wise. I guess it mainly just serves as the exploration opener similar to the Thunder Sojourn one in 2.0. I'm expecting the Of Ballads and Brews event to be a fair bit more meaty. First Mondstadt centered flagship event since Shadows Amidst Snowstorms in patch 2.3 last year.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Anno posted:

Is there any sort of website or spreadsheet where I can plug in a character and their gear/talent levels/etc. and have it spit out the best recommendations for upgrades? Or even just plug in two artifacts and have it tell me which one is better for character X all else considered?

https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/ this can tell you how well artifacts rolled in terms of did they get max value they could, but it doesn't really compare artifacts beyond that. For example a 680 one with double crit could easily outperform an arti with no crit even if it got an 800. Other than that the spreadsheet in the op though it hasn't been updated in a while or keqingmains are your best bet.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
saw someone mention ganyu being boring and I have to disagree. you're not impressed by big number? ok :rolleyes:

https://i.imgur.com/1AFITgM.mp4

Anno
May 10, 2017

Eimi posted:

https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/ this can tell you how well artifacts rolled in terms of did they get max value they could, but it doesn't really compare artifacts beyond that. For example a 680 one with double crit could easily outperform an arti with no crit even if it got an 800. Other than that the spreadsheet in the op though it hasn't been updated in a while or keqingmains are your best bet.

Thanks! That seems quite helpful just as a general guide at least.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eimi posted:

That site also actually does have an optimizer setting which can crunch the math for all the artifacts in your inventory and tell you which set of 5 will be the highest DPS. (It's at the bottom of each individual character's page, once you set them up in the app.)
Best used with an inventory-scanner like Amenoma that can spit out a big json dump so you don't have to enter every artifact individually.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

padijun posted:

saw someone mention ganyu being boring and I have to disagree. you're not impressed by big number? ok :rolleyes:

https://i.imgur.com/1AFITgM.mp4

Yeah, that was pretty boring and also pretty low dps?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

This amount of content and patch time is basically perfect for me lol. Might even have some aranara stuff and map cleanup left to do even after 3.1 releases. Currently on act 2, 40% exploration, and having not even started Tighnari's story quest or the Fayz trials.

Yeah, it's enough that I can easily finish while still having something new frequently enough that I don't get bored.

I like the absence of any serious grind. It's almost always very easy/fast to clear out the shops.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

That's okay dps, but nothing particularly impressive, yeah.

Ganyu feels a low "slower" than other options I have for damage, even though her numbers can be fairly big. I tend to consider her more for her burst than her personal DPS these days (since the large area periodic cryo application is nice).

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Does swirling a 2nd element remove the VV debuff for the 1st element on an enemy, or do all VV swirls last 10s individually?

Like:
Diona skill+burst -> Kazuha skill+burst inside Diona field -> Yelan/XQ skill+burst -> Ayaka dash+skill+burst -> Kazuha skill to pull enemies into Ayaka's burst

Kazuha typically buffs hydro on the 2nd rotation and all I can see in menu stats are Kazuha's elemental dmg buffs which work for many elements simultaneously. I'm not sure if many elemental debuffs is also true with VV swirls.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm 99% sure they exist independently based on experience and the fact that Archaic Petra explicitly states that only one can exist at a time.

Pro-tip: Kazuha's hold E and initial Q hit apply "strong" Anemo that can potentially double swirl a frozen enemy with both elements

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

Does swirling a 2nd element remove the VV debuff for the 1st element on an enemy, or do all VV swirls last 10s individually?

Like:
Diona skill+burst -> Kazuha skill+burst inside Diona field -> Yelan/XQ skill+burst -> Ayaka dash+skill+burst -> Kazuha skill to pull enemies into Ayaka's burst

Kazuha typically buffs hydro on the 2nd rotation and all I can see in menu stats are Kazuha's elemental dmg buffs which work for many elements simultaneously. I'm not sure if many elemental debuffs is also true with VV swirls.

They're independent, and refresh if swirled again

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

padijun posted:

I picked her up because I hate abyss heralds/slowing water/abyss heralds in slowing water, and she's one of the most normal characters ever. If I hadn't pavloved myself into enjoying aimed shot gameplay I'd be very close to calling her a waste of a pull, and if Rosa was a catalyst with her current moveset (magic ice spear?) I would never have considered pulling for her in the first place.

At least she's fun to use in overworld :kiddo:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Clarste posted:

sorry, here's one where I used my ults!

it's probably lower DPS than my 4* taser team but that is boring. I used to hate aimed shot but I've turned around on it.

MoonCrab posted:

At least she's fun to use in overworld :kiddo:

I should have just said that, running around blowing stuff up with a rocket launcher is fun

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
While you normies are running around with Shenhe and Tighnari I'm using bad characters like Ganyu and Venti and still shredding abyss. :smug:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

padijun posted:

sorry, here's one where I used my ults!

it's probably lower DPS than my 4* taser team but that is boring. I used to hate aimed shot but I've turned around on it.

I should have just said that, running around blowing stuff up with a rocket launcher is fun

I mean I have C2 Raiden, you cannot impress me with a single big hit.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I guess everything that has the little white fuzzy dudes attached to them can be affected by electro/dendro/pyro? The rocks don't have the fuzzy dudes I don't think, but electro just makes them go up even higher (which seems pointless)

There's like a chest puzzle or two where you have to line up rocks in scorched/bloomed/activated states. Other than that, pretty pointless, yeah.

Anything in a withering zone is permanently scorched, so the game will do a lot of pinning extra rewards under scorched rocks or over scorched bounce mushrooms.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If we're doing unimpressive clips I'd like to submit this piece I call "Bennett the Undodging".

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there any harm in taking my characters to Ascention Level 1 for the Wish, even if I do not really plan on using them?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Not really, the amount of resources that requires quickly becomes fairly trivial.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there any harm in taking my characters to Ascention Level 1 for the Wish, even if I do not really plan on using them?

I'm the guy that takes everyone to Lv 70 so I can get all three of them. There're 54 characters in the game currently. (Not upcoming, in-game) Some of them you just won't actually like to play as. And I figure that out in the process of grinding them up to Friendship Lv 10 for their namecards that I never switch around.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Very disappointed this weird bug didn't stick around after a restart of the game. I have no idea how this happened, but it was only on Barbara; I would've assumed that something broke from the event, but that didn't have any buffs for geo or anemo. She certainly seemed to be doing a bit more damage than usual, so whatever the hell caused it seemed to be working.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Clarste posted:

I mean I have C2 Raiden, you cannot impress me with a single big hit.

I would impress me if you don't talk me any more

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just rolled Dori. Not hearing good things in the thread about her but I will give her a spin for a bit.

Is Geo still in a weird spot? I remember that some consider it a waste of a slot. That said this was way back when the game was newish and half remembered.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Just rolled Dori. Not hearing good things in the thread about her but I will give her a spin for a bit.

I've heard that dori is in this weird spot where she's hard to build in single player....but she's amazing in multiplayer? She puts out lots of heals and energy and the stat requirements are not as high.

Also I think geo is in a pretty good spot with the new resonance and characters but I've also been a geo main since the start soooo

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Geo's still in a weird spot in that its reactions are all about giving you shields, which both happens in an awkward way (picking up the crystals) and is also not something players particularly care about when everything else is pushing them to kill things as fast as possible. That said, a lot of the actual Geo characters are still pretty good afaik, and there a lot of multi-Geo synergies, it's just that when you play a Geo team you basically treat it as non-elemental damage instead of using reactions.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 20, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It kind of is, but not in an unusable way

Right now Geo is at it's strongest running 3 or 4 in a team, as it has a character who's essentially a "make your whole team do +50% damage if you have 3 Geo" buffbot.

Double Geo is a really strong resonance that still allows playing two other elements that react with each other. But the roster is pretty much carried by a few great standalone characters, i.e. Zhongli for his big shield, Albedo for being a great passive damage dealer, and uh that's pretty much it. You wouldn't really do 2 Geo resonance with any of the others, except maybe Geo MC (still with Zhongli).

Running exactly one Geo who isn't Zhongli, or situationally Yun Jin, is not very advised.

I do hope they do something about crystallize being so cumbersome of a reaction. It's the only way most Geo characters can make a shield to activate resonance, but finding the crystal in the chaos of battle can be a chore or even impossible when it spawns somewhere inaccessible. Saying this as someone who actually uses Archaic Petra occasionally and has also tried to make non-Zhongli Geo resonance work. Crystallize has a lot of potential, but they don't need to be lazy about it and turn it into a damage dealing mechanic. Removing the restrictions from Petra (one element, equipper has to pick it up) would go a long way, as would making crystals easier to collect. It would probably make Gorou usable without 3 Geo, because his burst is actually very good at keeping a crystallize shield up constantly.

Another thing they could do is make each crystallize shield come with a passive buff befitting the element. Like Pyro gives +ATK, Cryo +C.Rate, Electro +ER, Hydro HP regen. That would make single Geo really valuable and worth its occasional "ruining" of reactions. If that's too powerful for baseline, make it an artifact set, idc.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 20, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've had Yun Jin for like a month and I'm still not 100% sure what her deal is. You just stack DEF and use her burst to buff the crap out of someone who likes hitting things with normal attacks, right? I was interested in the idea of using her skill as a parry, but I get the sense that's not really what she's about.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 20, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

I do hope they do something about crystallize being so cumbersome of a reaction. It's the only way most Geo characters can make a shield to activate resonance, but finding the crystal in the chaos of battle can be a chore or even impossible when it spawns somewhere inaccessible. Saying this as someone who actually uses Archaic Petra occasionally and has also tried to make non-Zhongli Geo resonance work. Crystallize has a lot of potential, but they don't need to be lazy about it and turn it into a damage dealing mechanic. Removing the restrictions from Petra (one element, equipper has to pick it up) would go a long way, as would making crystals easier to collect. It would probably make Gorou usable without 3 Geo, because his burst is actually very good at keeping a crystallize shield up constantly.

Another thing they could do is make each crystallize shield come with a passive buff befitting the element. Like Pyro gives +ATK, Cryo +C.Rate, Electro +ER, Hydro HP regen. That would make single Geo really valuable and worth its occasional "ruining" of reactions. If that's too powerful for baseline, make it an artifact set, idc.

Crystallize could probably just give you the shield without needing to pick anything up and that'd be fine? Like, it's harder to change now, but if it had always been like that I don't think anyone would give it a second thought. I also agree that the element of the shield only affecting its defensive power is especially weird because outside of slimes and other enemies that cause the reaction on their own, you generally don't want to be hitting enemies with the element they attack with?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Very disappointed this weird bug didn't stick around after a restart of the game. I have no idea how this happened, but it was only on Barbara; I would've assumed that something broke from the event, but that didn't have any buffs for geo or anemo. She certainly seemed to be doing a bit more damage than usual, so whatever the hell caused it seemed to be working.

I assume this is the culprit.

Zenostein posted:

What the internet really needs is a spreadsheet full of idiotic attack builds, no matter how unsuitable.

Finally, Barbara's time to shine.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I assume this is the culprit.

I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed that I didn't find an exciting bug, or at the realization that 96% more hydro just takes a charged attack from 6000-something to 7000-something. Yes, I immediately forgot about the book's passive after the last time I refined it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I've had Yun Jin for like a month and I'm still not 100% sure what her deal is. You just stack DEF and use her burst to buff the crap out of someone who likes hitting things with normal attacks, right? I was interested in the idea of using her skill as a parry, but I get the sense that's not really what she's about.
you can run phys dps yun jin but its pretty suboptimal.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Ganyu always has a place in my overworld/main team because she murders everything except cryo slimes. Genshin is pretty much The Legend of Lumine: Ganyu's Long Overdue Holiday as far as I'm concerned.

Almost finished the Aranara quests, which has been my favorite quest chain so far, hopefully we get to see more of them in future patches.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Starting to try to get a set of artifacts together for Hu Tao that aren't hodgepodge poo poo and I finally understand the disappointment of the final stat being bad. This was the very first Crimson Witch piece I ever got! Though I guess it only being 4* means it's not amazing anyway.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

FractalSandwich posted:

Her ideal role is supporting characters that want to normal attack frequently and fast, which is basically Yoimiya, Ayato, and physical DPS Fischl. The parry mechanic is nice, but it’s really only used for a quick skill activation to charge burst while your carry’s skill is on cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

SiKboy posted:

The day the patch rolled out to let you customise the quickwheel the very first thing I did was take the adventurers guide off it, and add swap party on instead.

Quoting this from a few pages back because holy poo poo and how did I miss that??