Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Carbohydrates posted:

The small wedges are missing from the paper instructions - an error. It's been fixed on the digital instructions. They're supposed to go on the bottom corners of the rear diffuser. Fun fact: they're even missing from the official promotional photos of the set, because whoever built the copy for photography was using the paper instructions.

Thank you for this. I noticed the red poles sticking out and checked the pictures in the manual and sure enough, there they were. Who am I to second guess the engineers at Ferrargo?

edit: Pretty sure this isn't how they are supposed to fit

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Flyinglemur posted:

I finished the Ferrari Daytona yesterday. Not real happy with it as a whole. One of the last steps didn't work so I tore the rear end down to fix it twice before I looked on the internet and sure enough, another mistake in the instruction tome. It feels like it isn't very solid in the middle when I lift it up and I know for sure that I did everything right. Oh well. Anyone else having an issue with the engine cover staying open? I figured out a temporary way to fix it, but I was just curious.

Is there any interest at all in the digital "VIP" pictures the owners have access to? I have them in pretty high resolution, just not sure if that is allowed or if there is any interest at all.

Anyway, I also have this many pieces left over. I am used to a few leftover from other Technic sets but uh, this seems like a lot. Especially the bigger pieces. Is this what the guy who puts the Tilt A Whirl together feels like?

The Imperial Probe Droid, which wasn't a particularly large set, came with 40+ spare parts, including ones that aren't used anywhere in the set. I can't find any suggestion of like, alternate builds or anything in the manual.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The Technics sets look like they would be really intricate and involving to build, like a puzzle, and I think I would enjoy them for that reason- but I'm less interested in the finished products- too Meccano-esque for my liking, for the most part. The Chiron is the only one I've really considered buying.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's why I dig the creator expert cars. Every year they rely more on a technic chassis with a bunch of play features, buried under a gorgeous snot shell. To me that's as good as lego gets.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Futanari Damacy posted:

The Technics sets look like they would be really intricate and involving to build, like a puzzle, and I think I would enjoy them for that reason- but I'm less interested in the finished products- too Meccano-esque for my liking, for the most part. The Chiron is the only one I've really considered buying.

The Ducati and the BMW are good models

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Slugworth posted:

The Imperial Probe Droid, which wasn't a particularly large set, came with 40+ spare parts, including ones that aren't used anywhere in the set. I can't find any suggestion of like, alternate builds or anything in the manual.

The tool pieces you're talking about are printed on sprues, so they always include all the rest of the pieces on the sprue even if you don't need them. The probe droid is particularly ridiculous because I think it uses like 2 or 3 tools in total but it necessitated two sprues worth of extra pieces.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lego VIP questions: the current GWP doesn't look all that good, how often do they rotate?

Also, I redeemed 1k points a month or so back on a couple small things, but don't see them in my shopping cart. How do I make sure they get included?

Finally, would anyone be interested in buying the bagged pieces of starry night? The box and manual got wrecked in the basement flood but the pieces should all be fine. I thought about keeping them for the kid but what are we really going to do with 2000 small shades of blue

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The bonsai looks nice but I'm done with it. You can't dust it cause of the hundreds of loose 1x1s, it's as fragile as a faberge egg and full of little things that hook onto stuff. Mine exploded cause a string caught on it today and I'm not even gonna bother rebuilding it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

veni veni veni posted:

The bonsai looks nice but I'm done with it. You can't dust it cause of the hundreds of loose 1x1s, it's as fragile as a faberge egg and full of little things that hook onto stuff. Mine exploded cause a string caught on it today and I'm not even gonna bother rebuilding it.

Never add the dirt!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The problem isn't the dirt. The problem is the display location.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Waltzing Along posted:

The problem isn't the dirt. The problem is the display location.

If you display it in a complete vacuum you'll never have to dust it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The dirt in the bonsai didn't bother me as much as the woodchips on the orchids. They could easily have brick built some convincing dirt in lieu of tossing some random modified 2x2's into the void.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mastershakeman posted:

Lego VIP questions: the current GWP doesn't look all that good, how often do they rotate?
Generally 0-2 a month. Sometimes there is one for most of the month, sometimes they're quite brief. They've gotten worse at announcing them ahead of time too.

It can also vary from region to region. In Australia the Sandwich Shop is the current GWP and it's meant to last all month, while in America has the Amusement Park and it's only up for a week.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They're plastic. They don't need topsoil, why are you adding dirt?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HootTheOwl posted:

They're plastic. They don't need topsoil, why are you adding dirt?

Healthy fungal colonies :shuckyes:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Literally A Person posted:

If you display it in a complete vacuum you'll never have to dust it.

This is why the ship in a bottle is the perfect lego model

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
seal

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is that a custom print for the head?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

RatHat posted:

Is that a custom print for the head?
Nope, it's a steamed bun from the Chinese New Year Temple Fair! Its front flippers are tooth plates built into the rock and its tail is a boomerang. Just a mishmash of fun parts.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ya know...LEGO is hiring again. Just saying. I mean, it's not like Denmark is a markedly better place to live than the US or anything like that.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

This is stupidly adorable.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

owns. :3:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

That's really cute!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Need instructions and an estimate on bricklink

HootTheOwl posted:

Post your list

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Another lovely MOC! I really love the slightly off kilter buoy that you pointed out in the Discord.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Waltzing Along posted:

There's a brand new castle out right now that is highly detailed. That's probably the best place to start. Not the cheapest, but hey.

I actually have the lions knight castle! bought it the minute it went up on the store, it looks very similar to one of my clans old fortresses in scotland. Now that you mention it I think you could use a similar design that the gate house uses to replicate the human barracks and the 3 in 1 towers edges have "vertical" stonebrick patterns

one of the harder to get right details i think will be the towers curve inward towards the top, they don't go perfectly straight up

and the crenulations/roof is set back slightly from the actual bottom wall.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Adam Savage builds a Buzz Lightyear set with the film's director, and AFOL, Angus MacLane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1vTxOpjX4

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Meme from House of the Dragon. Doesn't really spoil anything imo, but tagged anyway.

deoju fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 20, 2022

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What's the meme?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
New Winter Village set looks pretty good. Like it's actually part of a winter village. Hooray.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

What's the meme?

In the show King Viserys has a scale model of a city that he plays with. It's just a silly comparison between that and lego nerds.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Already failed with my not buying Lego streak. That discounted Walmart galaxy explorer was just too good to pass up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

New Winter Village set looks pretty good. Like it's actually part of a winter village. Hooray.

Where are you seeing pictures? I can only see descriptions

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Finally cracked open the new castle a week after moving into my new place. Only finished the first two bags but so far it seems like a good time.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

How long will the castle be available? I teally want it but 400 euros is a bit steep for me right now, but I should be able to swing that in a couple of months.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Taeke posted:

How long will the castle be available? I teally want it but 400 euros is a bit steep for me right now, but I should be able to swing that in a couple of months.

A good few years, probably. I'm not aware of any big sets released recently that are only around for a few months, stock issues not withstanding.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Veotax posted:

A good few years, probably. I'm not aware of any big sets released recently that are only around for a few months, stock issues not withstanding.

Pirates of Barracuda Bay :colbert: (18 months is nothing)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Awful, awful av/username combo. :cry:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Has anyone else outside Europe gotten their order from Designer program round 2? I’m still waiting for my Clockwork Aquarium…

The_Doctor posted:

Where are you seeing pictures? I can only see descriptions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oooh! Streetcar!