Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Incoherence posted:

AITA for not accommodating my roommate’s medical needs?

S may actually be a reptile.

S can go live in a loving greenhouse and gently caress right off with trying to force the other two people in the house to live in a sauna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cool Air sequel got a bit lazy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Time to start making S pay the electric bill. If she wants to crank the thermostat, she can pay for it. All of it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Who the gently caress is the third roommate

"Well yeah it's disgusting and sweltering in my own home, but medical privacy is the real issue we're digging at here"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The roommate could be goddamn dying and I'd still tell them to gently caress off with that temperature

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I'm somehow more mad at the third roommate who knows drat well what a reasonable temperature is but is taking S's side anyways.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Time to start making S pay the electric bill. If she wants to crank the thermostat, she can pay for it. All of it.

LOL this is a horrible idea, if she has the means to pay for it now you're stuck in a 90° house and good luck walking back your tacit permission to keep the thermostat that high.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

LOL this is a horrible idea, if she has the means to pay for it now you're stuck in a 90° house and good luck walking back your tacit permission to keep the thermostat that high.
If she had the means to pay the entirety of the electric bill plus her chunk of the rent/other utilities, she wouldn't be having housemates in the first place. She'll be the first to crack just as soon as that bill rolls in.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Gotta hand it to the author, they're really nailing the "intentionally bad title" trick.

AITA for puching a disabled man in the face

quote:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Am I overacting? My husband don't know basic things about me.

quote:

Am I overacting? My husband doesn't know basic things about me. (Sorry for the grammar mistake in the title, it's bothering me but I can't change it 😂)

I (29F) and my husband (30M) have been having some relationship problems. We are currently married and have been together for 10 years. The most recent thing I found out is that he doesn't know much about me. I had a feeling this was the case. He doesn't pay much attention when I talk to him or act like he cares.

I asked him multiple questions yesterday and he didn't know the answer to any of them. He doesn't know what my occupation is, he doesn't know what company I work for, he doesn't know what my degree is in, he doesn't know what I'm currently going to school for, he doesn't know what the job is that I have an interview for.

I talk about this stuff a lot, especially being stressed about going to school still and excited about a new job (within the same company). I know everything about this man from his last 10 jobs to his pants and shoe size.

Because of how hard I worked and having a degree isn't common in my family my good job and my degree are things I take a lot of pride in. Things I would think he would be proud of me for because of how hard I worked to get here but he doesn't even know any of it. And it's basic things. And it's not like we just got together. He was with me when I worked in a fast food restaurant and went to school, got a job, went to school for my bachelors, got the job now. He was there through all these extreme and huge milestones with me. And he doesn't even know what they are 🤷‍♀️

When I brought it he got mad and said well you can't explain my job and it's dumb you think I would know what you do. I don't care that he doesn't know exactly what I do. It's that he knows absolutely nothing. He has no idea what my title is at all. Or what company I even work for. Like how do you know that of your wife or even someone you live with in general? And he also said "he doesn't care" because he has to worry about himself and his job and his life.

TL;DR In summary, he doesn't know what my occupation is, who I work for, what my degree is in, what I am in school for now, etc. Is that weird?

Am I overreacting?

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Mx. posted:

Info: are you sure your husband hasn't been replaced by a look-alike?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Mx. posted:

This sounds so weird, but luckily in the comments OP reveals one crucial detail:

OP posted:

He has a drinking problem 🤷‍♀️ which I am trying to work with him through that's the only thing

10 god drat years of your life and for what

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"Goddammit you can't expect me to remember stupid poo poo like what you do for a living or the name of your workplace! Now scram, it's beer o'clock"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

champagne posting posted:

This sounds so weird, but luckily in the comments OP reveals one crucial detail:

10 god drat years of your life and for what

Maybe she can get half his tendies in the divorce...

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
“I asked him multiple questions yesterday and he didn't know the answer to any of them. He doesn't know what my occupation is, he doesn't know what company I work for, he doesn't know what my degree is in, he doesn't know what I'm currently going to school for, he doesn't know what the job is that I have an interview for.”

Christ, this sounds like the quiz they gave my dad when they diagnosed his Alzheimer’s. I think he did better than this guy.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Husband stolen by the fay and replaced with a changeling, so what?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

Husband stolen by the fay and replaced with a changeling, so what?

Oberon and Titania have meddled in our lives for the last time

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Biplane posted:

Oberon and Titania have meddled in our lives for the last time

Hold now, wife! Wither worketh you?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Honestly really sad for alcoholic husband whose wife is a stranger to him, bc that's a disease of connection. He drinks because he can't connect to human beings, and he can't connect because he drinks. Ugh.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mx. posted:

Wet brain :smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah this dude has basted his brain with booze and this lady doesn't realize she should just bail, she has so much life yet to live and he, well, hes running through it at double time

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Implied?

Didn't mean for that to be a snipe. Content:

AITA for calling my boyfriend an insecure little boy after his repeated jokes that I "cheated the system" to get to a career that pays more than his?
Oh no my life partner is making a shitton of money :geno:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Narcissists really do all have the same drat script and the attitude is just literally 'I'm the main character, nothing significant can happen without me'

It's always fun to look through those posts & count the number of times I / me / my / mine show up

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"Goddammit you can't expect me to remember stupid poo poo like what you do for a living or the name of your workplace! Now scram, it's beer o'clock"
I take you, uh... you, to be my lawfully wedded... I'm going to say wife, to something something hey is this a church

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Incoherence posted:

"you just don't want to sweat"

Yeah, that's right. I don't want to sweat while just sitting in my own loving home doing nothing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

"you just don't want to sweat"

Yeah, that's right. I don't want to sweat while just sitting in my own loving home doing nothing.

Move over, hot yoga. It's time for hot watching TV.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Incoherence posted:

Roommate is Gul Dukat, next they'll be telling them how much of a favor they are doing them by keeping the temperature high.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
deliberately turning the heat ON during the summer in order to fight Climate Change. she should also invest in some BITCOIN MINERS to help balance peak load and also keep her hellmouth toasty-warm.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Splicer posted:

Oh no my life partner is making a shitton of money :geno:

make more money? *nods yes*

make more money than me? *frowns no*

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

kdrudy posted:

Roommate is Gul Dukat, next they'll be telling them how much of a favor they are doing them by keeping the temperature high.

I'd just start drinking Kanar nonstop and tearing my roommate down at any opportunity. Y'know, really Gul Damar it up.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

deliberately turning the heat ON during the summer in order to fight Climate Change.

Looks, it's simple thermodynamics - AC works by taking the heat from the room and putting it outside. OBVIOUSLY if you run the heat in the summer, then that's working by taking the cool from inside your home and putting it outside, thereby cooling the climate!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for sending the Police to the airport to retreive my mom's jewelry set that my husband took to give to his mom for her birthday?

quote:

My husband, m33 adores his mom. He's the only child in the family and they're very close. He'd buy her expensive gifts for her birthdays but this year, he's been stressing out about finding a proper gift for her.

Since he's been unemployed for 6 months now, he brought up the jewelry set my mom gave me and asked if I was willing to give it away so he could use it as a gift for his mom's birthday. I said no and thought that his request was strange. He pointed out how many other things I have of mom which is true but the jewelry set wasn't something I was willing to give away. Especially not to his mom. He got upset and pitched a fit and kept begging me to give it to him. Even afford to buy it off of me but he has no money so...

He suddenly stopping bringing it up. At the day of his trip to go visit his mom and attend her birthday. after he left the house I found a small note that he wrote mentioning he took the jewelry set with him, and telling me to not panic or "do anything stupid" and that we would talk about it when he gets back. I was furious but felt helpless. I thought I was never going to see the set again. I called his phone but he turned it off after hanging up on me. I called my older cousin who works at the local police station. and told him what happened. He suggested I make a report so he could help me retreive it. He then sent police patrol to the airport where my husband was and he was taken in and his ticket cancelled.

I got the set back and he eventually was let go of, but when he got home hell broke lose and he started yelling at me while cussing out my cousin callimg him a "stuck up ---" saying we both were horrible and out of line and that I knew my cousin hates him and gave him an opportunity to humiliate him. He then yelled about how he missed his mom's birthday and had his trip ruined just because I "hate his mom this much". I don't hate her but I don't want my stuff given away on my behalf. He was livid to the point where he went to stay with his buddy for 2 days without answering any of my calls. I'm seriously having regrets about it but what was I supposed to do after he took my jewelry set and had me thinking that I may never see it again?. Getting my cousin involved might have also just worsened his relationship with my husband since they never been on good terms to begin with.

AITA for involving the police as a way to get the set back?

Take pretty from SexMommy to RealMommy?

AITA for refusing to pay from my gay son’s tuition after he came out to his family?

quote:

My(40F) son(19M) came out to my husband(40M) and I when he was 14 years old. My husband and I are both atheists and support the LGBTQ+ community and were both proud of our son for coming out. However, my husband’s mother is a devout catholic and is extremely intolerant of gay people. She is wealthy and my children were told from a young age their college would be paid for as long as they attended a private Christian or Catholic school. She believes this will keep them from partying, having premarital sex, etc. I don’t agree with this and have argued my children getting the best education possible regardless of the school’s religious affiliation should be her top priority, but she refuses to change her mind. My son chose a Christian college one state over to attend. He graduated with a lot of college credit from taking many AP classes in high school and will be done in three years opposed to four. He’s currently just began year two which has been already paid for.

During Labor Day weekend, he came home to celebrate his grandmas birthday. He told one of his cousins that he was talking to a boy at his college, and thought he could trust him. He seemed supportive according to my son, but he told his mom and dad and my husband’s sister and her husband are just are religious as my mother in law and outted my son to her. She is livid and called me and informed me she will not be making any future payments toward his tuition and told me to relay the message to him as she will no longer be speaking to him. I have told him many times not to come out to his grandma, cousins, aunt or uncle until he was through with college. I hate that he can’t be himself, but my husband and I cannot afford his college. I don’t like my mother in law and will be going no contact once my other two children(15f and 13m) get their chance to have their tuition paid for as well. My son is okay with me waiting to do so for the sake of his siblings. He will unfortunately have to take out student loans and eat the cost of his final year.

My son is obviously devastated he both will not have his final year of college paid for next year and that his cousin is not someone he can trust. He now wants me and my husband to foot the bill next year. We have $25k saved up currently that we plan on using for much needed kitchen renovations. Our oven barely works, our dishwasher doesn’t work at all, and the kitchen itself is worn down and outdated. My son is calling me an rear end in a top hat for prioritizing to a “remodel” over his education. We’ve explained to him our kitchen is falling apart and it’s much needed and is nowhere near the cost of his tuition, so even if we postponed it, we would still be short as his private school is VERY expensive. I feel like he is an adult and he needs to be the one to deal with the consequences, not us. AITA for not using our family’s savings to cover his remaining tuition?

EDIT: I feel like I should clear up the kitchen remodel. Obviously appliances alone aren’t going to cost me $25k. The majority of money are going to be going to necessary infrastructure repairs. I live in an expensive area, and yes, this is what it costs to fix just the necessities . My kitchen will in no way be fancy. I should have been more clear in the original post that I am not doing remodel for aesthetics.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 20, 2022

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Looks, it's simple thermodynamics - AC works by taking the heat from the room and putting it outside. OBVIOUSLY if you run the heat in the summer, then that's working by taking the cool from inside your home and putting it outside, thereby cooling the climate!

Wellllll, if it is a heat pump...

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Cthulu Carl posted:

what if i create a vortex by putting all the fans in every window and blowing out? this is real btw and works. i'm not the worlds biggest crazy dumbass telling you that you can thwart physics with a box fan and poorly insulated shitbox triple decker.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

It's always fun to look through those posts & count the number of times I / me / my / mine show up

They're literally all loving Poochie, thinking everyone should only be asking "Where's Poochie?" when they're not around.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AITA if I stopped my mom from seeing her grandchildren?

quote:

So I(30f) was born to parents in a country where a boy was wanted more than a girl. A girl was only thought to be a baby incubator and servant. I was the oldest of 5 children and the only girl

Thankfully both my maternal and paternal relatives supported my education. Unfortunately my mother believed the old views after learning about it from the neighborhood girls. She hated me from the moment I was born, refusing to feed me, hold me, or even look at me.

My father's youngest sister who was 18 at the time was the one who did all of this. When my brothers were born she was very happy and she was there every moment of their lives.

When I was 17 she turned her attention to me, and started going on about this boy she planned to marry me to when I turn 18 and on how I would give her beautiful grandchildren.

I told her that I don't plan on getting married and that I was going to adopt children. She yelled at me and the when she realized that I wouldn't budge she started treating me worse than before.

When I turned 18 I applied to college in the States and moved there. And when I was 25 finished my studies, got a well paying job and permanent citizenship. I later adopted 2 kids, a boy and a girl. I tried to introduce them to mom but she had a fit, calling the vulgar things.. I went LC

So the plan to not get married fell apart when I met dear husband (DH). We got married 2 years later. He had 2 kids (female twins) from a previous marriage. None of my family could come but they all supported me. Except my mom. She went on a rant about Americans and other bullshit. I went NC after that.

I found out I was pregnant and gave birth 6 months ago to twin boys. One Liam looked like me but the other Jacob looked like DH. I know mom would only love Liam if she ever found out about them. I was right.

Someone saw my friend's fb post about the kids and tattled to my mom. She called me from a different phone and demanded I send Liam to her so he would be raised properly. I refused because my youngest sibling turned out horrible and ended up overdosing drugs.

I told her that my babies only have 1 grandma, and that is my MIL and that unless she changes she will never see them again.

So AITA?

Edit: All names are fake for privacy

quote:

She doesn't want to see my twins. She wants Liam only. She hates Jacob because of his looks and name, he has a classic American name while Liam has my father's name which was a traditional name from my heritage

quote:

He looks like a carbon copy of me, and I was a female carbon copy of my dad. He also is named after my dad. Plus of my remaining brothers, 2 are sterile and the other ones wife has HIV and they don't want to give it to their children. So I'm the only one who can give her BIO grandchildren

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for refusing to pay from my gay son’s tuition after he came out to his family?

"Sorry kid, we told you to keep a lid on it & you outed yourself. Can't help, kitchen needs remodeling more than you need an education!"

That whole family is loving gross :smith:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AITA for taking my newborn son and going to my mom's house because my husband his mom didn't save me any food for dinner?

quote:

I f32 gave birth to my son 5 weeks ago. My husband's mom has been camping in the living room ever since and inviting people over, making a mess in the house, etc. I said nothing because if I open my mouth, my husband would start scolding me saying his mom is there to help and I should be grateful. What I did was ignore her and focus on my son.

I handle feeding, diaper change, cleaning, wiping. I only get a few hours sleep so my husband's mom isn't really helping with the baby. But I thought to myself "well, at least she cooks for us!".

Last night, I was in the bedroom breastfeeding my son. I knew I was late for dinner but I thought that my husband and his mom saved a plate for me. Once I got done with my son, I walked out the room and saw my husband and his mom sitting watching tv. I asked about dinner and my husband said it was "probably" on the stove. As I was walking towards the kitchen, his mom loudly said that she didn't save me any food. I was absolutely shocked I asked her why and she simply said "Well, we didn't see you at dinner table so I thought you weren't hungry". I lost it and yelled that I was feeding my son OF COURSE I was hungry, I was actually starving!. She shrugged her shoulders and said it wasn't her fault I didn't "show up for dinner" but she knew drat well that I was with my son and hadn't eaten a thing in hours!. My husband asked me to not raise my voice at his mom but I told him that he saw what happened and didn't think about me being hungry and needing food. he lashed out asking what the gently caress I wanted him to do and I said "I don't know, maybe save some food for me?" She defended him saying it was selfish of me to basically berate him for eating his dinner after working for long hours at the department. An argument ensued and I went inside the bedroom, packed a small bag for me and my son, called my brother to come take me to mom's house and my husband blew up at me as I was making my way out. We argued at the door and he told me that what I was doing was uncalled for and childish. I told him I couldn't take his mom anymore, he said I should be ashamed of myself for talking about her like that after she literally put her life "on pause" so she could help ME out. My brother came and I got into the car and left.

He picked some food for me on the way and I ate like a hungry bear. My husband never stopped calling though. In his last text he called me "nuts" and demanded I return today but I said that I miss my mom, that I like it here in her clean home with her healthy food and would like to stay for a while. He's lost it and got his family involved accusing me of keeping his son away from him and punishing him over "food".

Edit...Ok, to those who are saying that I'm keeping my husband away from his son, I promise you that he has full access to him but chooses not to come over simply because he hats my mom and refuses to be with her in the same room. How long am I going to stay here??? There's no telling but at least I'm being pampered and treated like a princess by my mom, dad, brothers - heck, I couldn't get this treatment in my own home!. As for my husband, He can come over to mom's house if he wants to see his son so badly but I doubt he'll do it since he's a very prideful person and this might hurt his ego.

one more question to answer cause a lot of people asked me to clarify. Yes, Department = Police Department. He's a police officer. I'm sorry if you got confused, but I thought it was clear.

Edit Ok, I felt sorry for him and decided to send him a couple of pictures that I took of our son sleeping and what was his respons? A long wall of text berating me left and right and claiming that I was rubbing it in his face that he "can't come" see his son because of you know what!!. He called me the b word which he never did til now and I'm shaken and so so mad right now because I really thought I was doing something nice and considerate after having sympathy for him. I've decided to get the rest of my stuff tomorrow because I need more time and space to be able to think about what he's done and said. I feel terrible right now but at least I got dinner for tonight, unlike when I was at my own home when his mom first came

Edit. OH MY GOD, I can't even find a place to start with this. So he just sent me a picture of him and his mom cooking dinner in the kitchen (it's nearly 7 pm here) saying that he was repaying me for the pictures I sent earlier and that they were making dinner and they were not including me "for real this time" ?????? I just....Oh my God I'm literally laughing like, seriously, what is this? I'm truly speechless!. I haven't responded to this (yet) and I don't think I will because I'm so angry right now and may just regret the words that I say to him. I'm gonna put the phone on silent or something for now because I don't want them to ruin yet another night but tomorrow I'm going to collect more of mine and my son's stuff so I could stay longer at my mom's house. Thank God I went anonymous with this and I might update later if anything new happens. Goodnight!

Edit. God I can't believe I'm back on here, but he just sent me a text saying he's only willing to come over IF I could get mom out of the house tomorrow, like literally have her leave her own house! He said it's just for 2 hours so he could see his son and also "talk" (he doesn't even know I'm coming over tomorrow to pick more stuff for me and the baby). I'm freaking out! Like absolutely no, not happening. I wouldn't dream of telling mom to leave her own house, that's crazy out of line request!!!. I'm not sure wether to respond or what I should say to him but I'll try to get some sleep then see how it goes in the morning!. I'm too tired to do anything but I Just wanted to put this here for those who just read my thread, I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. Aright!.
This fucker still thinks this is about food.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

BOOTY-ADE posted:

"Sorry kid, we told you to keep a lid on it & you outed yourself. Can't help, kitchen needs remodeling more than you need an education!"

That whole family is loving gross :smith:

Idk if it's still the case but when I looked at the Reddit comments earlier most of them were calling the 19 year old kid who's been encouraged to stay in the closet for 5 years an rear end in a top hat and stupid and entitled for the terrible crime of....getting outed by someone he thought he could trust :smith:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Kurieg posted:

AITA for taking my newborn son and going to my mom's house because my husband his mom didn't save me any food for dinner?

This fucker still thinks this is about food.

quote:

Yes, Department = Police Department. He's a police officer.

40%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cops should have to be celibate and forbidden from any relationships. That or everyone should just know to never gently caress, date, or marry a cop :(