Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Sniped.

Femur has issued a correction as of 18:04 on Sep 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

an egg posted:

i have gone back in time and murdered marx in the crib. now what?

I'm starting to think Karl Marx hosed me over personally.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

skooma512 posted:

I'm starting to think Karl Marx hosed me personally.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Do you think the police or the military will spawn the strongest warbands once the collapse happens? Maybe mercenary groups like Blackrock (?) have the most people who want to be jack-booted thugs? I guess it will be regional.

I wonder if I will be strong enough to just die rather than lick boots.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
yeah law enforcement will be default power in a ton of areas

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
local cops are already mostly rapist monster warlords so it would make sense that they would continue to do so

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
There would be factions of them fighting amongst each other IMHO. And normal people would be fodder.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

starkebn posted:

Do you think the police or the military will spawn the strongest warbands once the collapse happens? Maybe mercenary groups like Blackrock (?) have the most people who want to be jack-booted thugs? I guess it will be regional.

yeah they will and plenty of people will probably think “how ironic, the protectors are now the oppressors” but actually the cops are already tyrannical unaccountable violent pseudo warlords and it’s not ironic at all, it’s just the obvious outcome.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I'm willing to bet you could walk up to almost any police chief anywhere in the country and they will just straight up tell you that they believe it's their job to take over in the event of any kind of collapse of centralized authority.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
mom was a cop and my assessment of cops has always been

like 10% are openly monsters. like 50% suck but would be way worse if they didnt think they might get bad publicity, 40% were just too stupid to do anything else and go with the flow

my mom used to steal poo poo from people at booking constantly and bring home weird trophies and she openly warned my sister and I about ever allowing a traffic cop to stop us on a dark unlit road. Always drive to a well lit parking lot with cameras.

like 35 states there's absolutely zero punishment for cops who admittedly rape women they've arrested. They can just claim it was totally consensual and who are you gonna believe?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
things aren't that bad, yet

today's pretty average I'd say

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

take_it_slow posted:

Umm, why am I learning about a movie adaptation of How to Blow Up a Pipeline from loving vice news and not the climate thread??!

Obvious Honey Pot is obvious. Also the bees are dying so good luck having enough honey for a pot.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
on the one hand cops are monsters and want to shoot as many people as possible, but on the other hand they're cowards and will wait for a school shooter to starve like it's a medieval siege rather than go in, so who can say what will happen when america finishes collapsing

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Stereotype posted:

it's literally mr burns using plastic can holders to build a giant net that lets him grind all life in the sea into a slurry.

Benthic trawlers already do this, you'll have to think of an even more outlandish scenario

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Shima Honnou posted:

on the one hand cops are monsters and want to shoot as many people as possible, but on the other hand they're cowards and will wait for a school shooter to starve like it's a medieval siege rather than go in, so who can say what will happen when america finishes collapsing

same things they do now, punish the weak who can't/won't fight back, gang up and overpower when they can, execute people in their sleep, and avoid credible threats.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

starkebn posted:

goons will control portions of duluth, invest now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The fun thing about cops, is the fatter they are, the more important they are.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
As a source of fuel yes

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I hear they're gonna fix the climate this week in New York? Sweet!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

yeah law enforcement will be default power in a ton of areas

They’ll become the right wing militias they always knew they could be, and arguably already are

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

net work error posted:

It's a start I guess. When are they gonna do the rest of the planet?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
heatwaves are over right?

and no hurricanes?

wrap it up, climatailures

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

we are getting rid of rain altogether

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Rain rain go away

Come back another day

*finger curls on monkey's paw; millions dead*

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

net work error posted:

we’re less than a decade away from exclusively investing in carbon neutral companies. #winning

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

qcs community update, jeffrey tried to flirt with arfjason through the leper's colony and arfjason got unsettled, please keep this situation in mind and be sensitive if either of them should appear in this room

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

silicone thrills posted:

like 10% are openly monsters. like 50% suck but would be way worse if they didnt think they might get bad publicity, 40% were just too stupid to do anything else and go with the flow

my mom used to steal poo poo from people at booking constantly and bring home weird trophies and she openly warned my sister and I about ever allowing a traffic cop to stop us on a dark unlit road. Always drive to a well lit parking lot with cameras.

like 35 states there's absolutely zero punishment for cops who admittedly rape women they've arrested. They can just claim it was totally consensual and who are you gonna believe?
thank you for this valuable insight into the little kings holding us all at gunpoint

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

an egg posted:

qcs community update, jeffrey tried to flirt with arfjason through the leper's colony and arfjason got unsettled, please keep this situation in mind and be sensitive if either of them should appear in this room

another attempt to be epic foiled… maybe next time arfsan
- jeffrey-kun

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

an egg posted:

not even the chief of (forum) police can resist the siren song of cringe

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

silicone thrills posted:

Get your moms power of attorney and impoverish her, just tell her pig buddies she was getting into antifa

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

an egg posted:

they just built the forum's largest cringe sequestration facility in qcs

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

arf chasin

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

i like conceptualising this place as a labyrinth of rooms where groups of deeply unusual individuals meet separately in different rooms and have bizarre interactions, with the draw being, it's all recorded for anybody to read and try to make sense of

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Stereotype posted:

seQuestered Cringe Site

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

an egg posted:

i like conceptualising this place as a labyrinth of rooms where groups of deeply unusual individuals meet separately in different rooms and have bizarre interactions, with the draw being, it's all recorded for anybody to read and try to make sense of

this is a very good description

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Mameluke posted:

Get your moms power of attorney and impoverish her, just tell her pig buddies she was getting into antifa

She died in 2016.

Good riddance.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

silicone thrills posted:

She died in 2016.

Good riddance.
some of my recent ancestors i am trying to honour, by being as much unlike them as possible. i have to believe they get some sort of divine perspective after death and realise that this is for the best

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

an egg posted:

I'd watch that show

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I always thought it was arfJonson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Stereotype posted:

Great News!

However, there's no proof this 'solution' will scale to meet the needs made musts given the asymptotically increasing cringe levels in this here subforum.