Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

orcane posted:

I have a billion characters and only three of them are sylvari, but at least one is a warrior :getin:

If any of them are a female charr mesmer, you'll have the rarest and most precious character in GW2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

jokes posted:

The farther along I get into the 1-80 story as a Sylvari, the more I realize that Sylvari is the correct and intended race for the player. Human personal story is stupid bullshit comparatively.

Looking forward to (re-doing) Heart of Thorns, and definitely 100% am going to do the caladbolg collection afterwards.

Sylvari get a bunch of unique dialogue and stuff in HoT, it’s definitely the “correct” way to play

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

If any of them are a female charr mesmer, you'll have the rarest and most precious character in GW2.
Hmm sadly I only have a female charr necro :(

Look at all those anime Barbies at the top... https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My rarest character is my most played - male charr elementalist

I've had him dressed up as a red and gold dragon since HoT because I like when I use Fire Dagger 2 I get to breathe fire out the dragon mouth :sun:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

orcane posted:

Look at all those anime Barbies at the top... https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

I regret nothing. :colbert:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Humans are definitely both the hot elves and the basic humans of GW2, appealing to both types of players.

My female norn revenant main is in the bottom half of that chart, partly because revenants are still less played than the older classes.

I'm torn on my upcoming elementalist because I need a male human and a female asura to complete my set of voice actors, but I really like the official art for weaver (human female of course). I always end up deleting any human males I make because nolan north doesn't fit the look (usually a grizzly adams type or the closest I can come to it). Haven't taken a female asura past the tutorial yet.

For charr I've got a male mesmer and a female engineer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jokes posted:

Also GW2Efficiency has race/profession/gender statistics in case anyone else is curious about that kind of data. Sylvari warrior is shockingly rare.

Is Female Human Elementalist or Male Human Warrior still top of the charts?

I have two human characters and I find them terminally boring.
At least make a Norn lady for the cool dance and commanding voice.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It's fairly apparent that all armor/outfits/whatever are designed for humans first and foremost (which makes sense), so if dressup is important to you then human is a solid pick.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They're also fine on female norn, except you don't get the most blatant fanservice armor (human racial tier 3, especially light/medium).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sylvari are my faves except shoulder armor, especially heavy, look cartoonist on them. Extra so on the slimmer bodies.

My Rev looks like a child in their parents clothing.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Sylvari Necromancers represent. I Am A Hu Mann is here to learn your fleshy ways.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Hugh Mann and Guy Normal were always my favourite cylons

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

orcane posted:

They're also fine on female norn, except you don't get the most blatant fanservice armor (human racial tier 3, especially light/medium).

Those are pretty egregious, even for being in a game with a ton of very revealing armor styles. Anet knows their market though because loving everyone runs around with that, or Sneakthief, on their female medium armor users.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

fully armored space marine norn best norn

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I usually grab sneakthief parts if I want to avoid the stupid medium armor trenchcoats :colbert:

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I’ve played this game in 3 bursts: launch, hot/lws3, and eod. The first time I stuck with Asurans because I wanted the small guy aesthetic. The second time I went with humans because I was tired of heavy armor options sticking your asura in sandals/barefoot. This time, I’m all about Sylvari, with a comedy Norn healbrand who’s the shortest and fattest a Norn can be.

Sylvari female is probably the best model. I like male Sylvari for most things, but shoulder and chest armor is scaled weird. Too often the sets end up looking cartoonish when they’re not meant to be. Additionally the running animation for the male Sylvari just looks off. Something about it doesn’t sit right

orcane posted:

Hmm sadly I only have a female charr necro :(

It shouldn’t surprise me but it still does that that the top 8 are all human female, with human female engineer at #13.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

orcane posted:

I usually grab sneakthief parts if I want to avoid the stupid medium armor trenchcoats :colbert:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor_(medium)

Get the chest piece from this and never go back

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

Is Female Human Elementalist or Male Human Warrior still top of the charts?

yeah female human ele has always been at the top of the chart

... which is very funny because i never ever see one in game lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Truga posted:

Maybe they're all just sitting in town all the time? By playtime they're also the most popular so someone's doing something as a human female ele.

Here's the top 10 race/genders:

Here's the top 15 race/gender/professions:

Here's the bottom 10 race/gender/professions:

jokes fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 20, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Happy to see that Asura and Charr are not very popular as I do not care for either of them, aesthetically nor lore-wise.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

What game are you playing because I see them everywhere. I also remember guild missions with Nilgoow :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
idk i barely see any eles on euroservers, ever mind human ones

also i play human ele, and am always using embiggening tonic and constantly get people doing second takes because i'm bigger than largest norns lmao

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
These ears are hilarious:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What do they look like on Charr?
They have 4 ears I must knoooowwwww

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I didn't even think about those ears going on anything but humans. Oh my god they're hilarious.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

What do they look like on Charr?
They have 4 ears I must knoooowwwww

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah it actually overwrites your horns and adds the elf ears to the upper set of ears. It's not great, not bad though - they did more than just :effort: copy-paste. Sylvari get appropriate elf ears too:

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

orcane posted:

Yeah it actually overwrites your horns and adds the elf ears to the upper set of ears. It's not great, not bad though - they did more than just :effort: copy-paste. Sylvari get appropriate elf ears too:

Dang you could make a proper drow with those ears.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

I regret nothing. :colbert:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
lol underboob

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

jokes posted:

I can't imagine playing a necromancer and not giving them the Reaper's Hood.

I love these sorts of hoods but my sylvari necro is using the flaming skeleton outfit

I actually kind of like the outfits now, going through individual armour sets is a pain

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I don't think I've ever put all my alts in one place. Here's my entire Sylvari Army + 2 norn, 2 human and 2 asura. That one purple ele weaver is the one with the most map/story completion. It can be done! Also while asura daredevil is hilarious solo - in a zerg i have no loving idea where she is ever.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Also sylvari straight up look awesome with the starting Necro helm skins. Just wish I could put them on med/heavy characters.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sylvari as individuals and as a force in the world are probably the least hosed up, but sylvari society is really hosed up. Cargo cult with literal brainwashing at birth? The rest of the races are absolutely not any better, but still. GW2 lore is really good.

They should do a better job of preserving their most sacred artifact though, it’s just kind suspended by some vines and is exposed to the elements.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

orcane posted:

These ears are hilarious:

This is what would happen if Smeagol and Galadriel hosed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Decided to make a VERY stupid outfit and ended up kinda loving it.

I don't usually like costumes with a lot of skin but just look at this cartoonish motherfucker.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
What's that leg armor skin? Asking for a friend...

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
IIRC it's Raven Ceremonial medium legs because the skirt is attached to the chestpiece (unlike the light/heavy versions).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

orcane posted:

IIRC it's Raven Ceremonial medium legs because the skirt is attached to the chestpiece (unlike the light/heavy versions).

Yep!
Vigil's Honor is also a good option for maximum skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

i too like plants

sylvari warrior main 4 lyfe

also, necro

I've got characters of every class, no charr or asura tho. i only really play these 4