Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Getting Clive Barker to not officially distancing himself of a new Hellraiser movie is quite the accomplishment, I'll give them that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC he's got control of the franchise again.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Saw the promo for the remake. Not a fan of the Batman voice for Pinhead.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Saw the promo for the remake. Not a fan of the Batman voice for Pinhead.

It's not that obnoxious. It's more a heavy smoker. And the original voice was pretty darn hammy, too.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Should've had the balls to stick with the voice Pinhead has in the book where it sounds like a giddy schoolgirl.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

honestly poster seems bit garbage to me, but hearing this got me interested. Just looked at the trailer, and looks like it could actually be good.

I do like that this time the lament configuration actually looks like a really confusing puzzle box thing, that would legit stump people. While first two movies were great, and the design of the box was cool, it did sort of just look like a really elegant rubix cube for kids or something.

New pin head design doesn't quite look as good as the original IMO, but it does seem to have a bit of it's own style to it, which is nice, and sort of hard to top pin head when it comes to costume design, so that's hardly a slight.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This is a movie right?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mister Chief posted:

This is a movie right?

Trailer didn't specify, but google suggest it's a film.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah it's a film. There's been a series in development for HBO from David Gordon Green, Danny McBride and I think Michael Dougherty for some time though, completely unconnected to this movie.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

dr_rat posted:

New pin head design doesn't quite look as good as the original IMO, but it does seem to have a bit of it's own style to it, which is nice, and sort of hard to top pin head when it comes to costume design, so that's hardly a slight.
Fetish gear was transgressive in the time the original was made.

I don't think it holds the same edge today.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh that's cool, I didn't know about a new Hellraiser movie

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's Hulu which means that here in Canada it'll be on D+. You know what that means.

Pinhead👏is👏a👏 Disney👏 Princess👏

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah it's a film. There's been a series in development for HBO from David Gordon Green, Danny McBride and I think Michael Dougherty for some time though, completely unconnected to this movie.

Boners Die Tonight!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

Fetish gear was transgressive in the time the original was made.

I don't think it holds the same edge today.

True, and also the idea of a person with nails in their head in a grid has already been done, so bit of the shock factor is lost there as well.

Had a quick look back at a screen shot of the first movie, and I think one thing that sticks out is that the gird an the nails aren't so neat -which may of just been due to custom technology at the time- which I sort of like bit more. But again having said that the new design still works pretty well.

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's Hulu which means that here in Canada it'll be on D+. You know what that means.

Pinhead👏is👏a👏 Disney👏 Princess👏

Have her walking around Disney world you cowards!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if they'll return to "they're weird amoral extradimensional beings of sensory extremes" or if they'll stick with the "pretty much just demons and hell" it turned into later.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Have her walking around Disney world you cowards!

Imagine walking out of Its A Small World and Pinhead is standing there. Delicious.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I like to think Pinhead would find the extremes of the internet delightful. Such gapes to see :goatsecx:

MikeJF posted:

or if they'll stick with the "pretty much just demons and hell" it turned into later.
That CD guy could have had just massive holes in his head with his eardrum spread over them. His need for sound amped to the highest degree so that even a whisper was pure agony.

Instead they shoved CDs in his head and called it a day lol.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Pinhead - "We have such sites to show you!"
*shows Pinhead goatse*
Pinhead - "No, that's too far. AND NO, don't start pulling up the one with the girl in the tub either."

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Aside from the interdimensional body-mod S&M elementals, who are only in like four scenes, the original Hellraiser is basically a vampire movie as it's primarily about a horny dude coming back from the dead through the consumption of human blood.

However if it wasn't for the Cenobites I doubt it would've had enough meat on the bones to spawn so many sequels.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FreudianSlippers posted:

Aside from the interdimensional body-mod S&M elementals, who are only in like four scenes, the original Hellraiser is basically a vampire movie as it's primarily about a horny dude coming back from the dead through the consumption of human blood.
Right. The reason why the Ceno's in the first Hellraiser are so good is because they're in the film for like 10 minutes.

Hella spooky, hella othering.

Then they shove them into every scene for the sequels and all the cool vanishes.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pinhead - "We have such sites to show you!"
*shows Pinhead goatse*
Pinhead - "No, that's too far. AND NO, don't start pulling up the one with the girl in the tub either."

*Pinhead with his hands on his hips* What the HECK is wrong with you people

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/kaijugamer2000/status/1573699578188152833?s=20&t=ILyLDxZtgEp1AzzNejV-HA

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shin Godzilla is a cool movie

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

been watching the first two this past week. these movies are nuts. I had to press pause a few times, walk to the kitchen and come back with nothing, then press play

e:

muscles like this! posted:

I was just thinking about whether or not Disney owned it since they bought Fox, so that's good

Fleetwood fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 25, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He used the 36 year rule to get the rights back but it ended up being a technical situation where he regained the film rights to the original story and the first movie but none of the sequels.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Godzilla makes for pretty good posters

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fleetwood posted:

been watching the first two this past week. these movies are nuts. I had to press pause a few times, walk to the kitchen and come back with nothing, then press play

e:

I was just thinking about whether or not Disney owned it since they bought Fox, so that's good

It's still being distributed by Disney by way of Hulu.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

Put them a few inches higher and it would be perfect.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DC Murderverse posted:

Are the cops outside your house?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

Shin Godzilla is a cool movie

:yeah:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DC Murderverse posted:

I mean there's bisexual lighting, but that lighting is the bisexualest lighting I've ever seen.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

DC Murderverse posted:

Are you Nicolas Refn?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

King Vidiot posted:

I mean there's bisexual lighting, but that lighting is the bisexualest lighting I've ever seen.

When you want to signal to your guests that you can love someone of any gender, so long as they're a giant lizard

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Are you Nicolas Refn?

man I fuckin’ wish

Angepain posted:

When you want to signal to your guests that you can love someone of any gender, so long as they're a giant lizard

:rms:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Are you Nicolas Refn?

Which one?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

That's not Groverhaus.