Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Fedule posted:

So how tf are you supposed to fight the big bubble? There doesn't seem to be any recourse except to hang back until it goes away and hope it's not blocking anything important. Putting that thing up on the Tower should be illegal.

It has 2400 HP (with some weapons having a damage bonus). If it's put in a bad place, DPS it down hard with your team. The top is a weak point if you can reach it. You can also go inside it if you have an opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fedule posted:

So how tf are you supposed to fight the big bubble? There doesn't seem to be any recourse except to hang back until it goes away and hope it's not blocking anything important. Putting that thing up on the Tower should be illegal.

I honestly just go inside and gently caress everyone up with the tri-slosher or other close ranged weapon. You need to flank it but it's not impossible.

Bought all the buckets. After a miserable 7 game losing streak (at least I was near the top), I took out the good old sloshing machine, lost twice and then started a more decent ratio, bringing me close to 50/50. I had some nice matches with the trislosher, and even used the inkjet to a bit of an effect, without it being detrimental either, since I wasn't killed while using it. I'm not using it well to push but rather to hold a position for a bit, and ink some escape routes for when I do press.

Weirdly the sloshing machines drains my ammo like nothing though, and using my special (Booyah Bomb) did not restore it. I have to wonder why. Maybe I'm throwing a sub while I mash the launch button?

Going to gently caress around with all the buckets while, I wait for the ideal tri-slosher kit. Maybe it's because I golden ticketed it, but when I unlocked the weapon was introduced by Sheldon, but with no mention of the sub OR the special, since it's a garbage kit, held together by the glory of 3 Buckets.

Wanna play undercover-brella again, but that's a team weapon, can't go it alone, so I'll wait to play with goons again.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

having an absolutely wild time in A- folks but i guess it's working out okay

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Fedule posted:

having an absolutely wild time in A- folks but i guess it's working out okay

Being in S Rank makes me miss these lower ranks. Everything felt so much more simple and innocent back then. :(

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I love this game. And I haven't even done anything other than regular turf war. I haven't even played salmon run :aaaaa:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

External Organs posted:

I love this game. And I haven't even done anything other than regular turf war. I haven't even played salmon run :aaaaa:

Ranked I get, but no Salmon? Really?:stare:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

doomrider7 posted:

Ranked I get, but no Salmon? Really?:stare:

I love turf war!!! I've never splatooned before.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

doomrider7 posted:

Being in S Rank makes me miss these lower ranks. Everything felt so much more simple and innocent back then. :(

don't tell me you're pulling scrub moves like mixing up wins and losses into something resembling a pattern you would expect when matched up against opponents notionally matching your skill level instead of swinging wildly between unstoppablity and ineffectiveness or something lame like that

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I played an hour or so of Salmon Run with my boyfriend but otherwise I've been hopping between the story mode and turf wars. This is also my first Splatoon experience and I'm enjoying it tons.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I saw a guy at work carrying around the Splatoon box, and I was like hey I just got that too! So I added him and it turns out that other than Splatoon it's just hentai games and 400 hours of YouTube.

I've not talked with him since....or jumped in his games. Help...

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

External Organs posted:

I saw a guy at work carrying around the Splatoon box, and I was like hey I just got that too! So I added him and it turns out that other than Splatoon it's just hentai games and 400 hours of YouTube.

I've not talked with him since....or jumped in his games. Help...

You can see what your friends play?

Also I’ve seen some “art” in this game that might be him!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Rolo posted:

You can see what your friends play?

Also I’ve seen some “art” in this game that might be him!

Yeah if you go to their profile (in the switch UI, not in Splatoon) you can see recently played / highly played stuff.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Fedule posted:

don't tell me you're pulling scrub moves like mixing up wins and losses into something resembling a pattern you would expect when matched up against opponents notionally matching your skill level instead of swinging wildly between unstoppablity and ineffectiveness or something lame like that

Little bit of Column A and a little bit oc Column B.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Man, something about today's Salmon Run setup is just destroying me / the folks I'm getting matched with. Might also be that I just breached Profreshional for the first time, but I've had way more wipes and missed quotas today than I've ever had before. I keep getting surrounded, blowing up like 4 bosses, and being unable to get any of my teammates to actually take any of the drat eggs before I'm eventually drowned in a tide of chums. Either that or we get 4 of the cannon-shooter guys and nobody can get out there to actually take them out. I guess the highly restricted sightlines and mobility are what's doing it, but also entirely possible I'm making a lot of dumb rear end plays myself.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Oh, did you outperform your team by a sigifnificant margin, again? Don't worry, we'll match you with players that are more your skill level next time.

Not on your team, though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ex-splosher is fun but weird. I don't have good enough aim for it and it's SO LONG, that I overshoot everything I'm trying to paint. While it can function as a sort of mortar from distance, I actually had more success being mildly aggressive with and full on blasting people with it, but at that point it better hit. Also it runs out of paint fast, so I'll need to plan gear for it.

Going to try the Blobubbler tomorrow.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i now get even more irrationally angry at ppl that babysit eggs in salmon run. YOU CAN THROW THEM! GET MOVING DAMNIT!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Muscle Tracer posted:

Man, something about today's Salmon Run setup is just destroying me / the folks I'm getting matched with. Might also be that I just breached Profreshional for the first time, but I've had way more wipes and missed quotas today than I've ever had before. I keep getting surrounded, blowing up like 4 bosses, and being unable to get any of my teammates to actually take any of the drat eggs before I'm eventually drowned in a tide of chums. Either that or we get 4 of the cannon-shooter guys and nobody can get out there to actually take them out. I guess the highly restricted sightlines and mobility are what's doing it, but also entirely possible I'm making a lot of dumb rear end plays myself.

The weapons are fine. If you've just now made to Profreshional then yeah there's a VERY steep learning curve with God...just EVERYTHING the waves get.

Bleck posted:

Oh, did you outperform your team by a sigifnificant margin, again? Don't worry, we'll match you with players that are more your skill level next time.

Not on your team, though.

Tell me you reached S rank or equivalent without telling me you reached S rank or equivalent.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i now get even more irrationally angry at ppl that babysit eggs in salmon run. YOU CAN THROW THEM! GET MOVING DAMNIT!

I always ping people to let them know there's an egg hoard, but I'll be throwing that poo poo closer to the basket.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The Bloblobber is extremely fun to spam into chokepoints or rain blobs from on high. Always be lobbing blobs.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ex-splosher is fun but weird. I don't have good enough aim for it and it's SO LONG, that I overshoot everything I'm trying to paint. While it can function as a sort of mortar from distance, I actually had more success being mildly aggressive with and full on blasting people with it, but at that point it better hit. Also it runs out of paint fast, so I'll need to plan gear for it.

The Explosher is fun and good, but requires precise distance and aiming, yeah.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Is there a limit to how many uploads you can do fir replays? Do they stay there permanently? Can I download them for personal sharing?

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
How often do the Salmon Run rewards reset? I wanna make sure I get that 1200p big prize each time

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Cheesegod posted:

How often do the Salmon Run rewards reset? I wanna make sure I get that 1200p big prize each time

You can see the schedule in the X menu and the SplatNet app. Each run has its own bonus board.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Cheesegod posted:

Approximately every two days or so. More than enough time of you put a couple of hours into it in a day or two(rank depending).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s every 40 hours I think

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

i want to sincerely apologize to everyone i ever gave poo poo to about motion controls and gyro aiming

i can't go back

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
:madmax:

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
After how easy last salmon run shift was I assume every rank is full of people way beyond their pay grade because this shift has been absolutely miserable for me given how awful my teammates have been.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Relyssa posted:

i want to sincerely apologize to everyone i ever gave poo poo to about motion controls and gyro aiming

i can't go back

:hellyeah:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Relyssa posted:

i can't go back

I'm glad you were able to overcome your motion sickness.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, the Alterna level track that has frantic horns and that dude opera singing is my loving jam til the end of days, holy poo poo.

Edit: this one. Jfc, what a good time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nsIbOMQIY

I picture an absolute manic looking Pavarotti just belting this out.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 21, 2022

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, the Alterna level track that has frantic horns and that dude opera singing is my loving jam til the end of days, holy poo poo.

Edit: this one. Jfc, what a good time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nsIbOMQIY

I picture an absolute manic looking Pavarotti just belting this out.

it's good to see the shopkeeper from crypt of the necrodancer is still getting work even in the post apocalyptic squidfuture

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Devlan Mud posted:

After how easy last salmon run shift was I assume every rank is full of people way beyond their pay grade because this shift has been absolutely miserable for me given how awful my teammates have been.

Been having some good teams, but good LORD is the RNG not on out side for bosses and Night events.

Edit: I take this back. Good GOD are these people loving terrible. Legit considering just demoting myself to rock bottom and starting over. Its been that bad.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 21, 2022

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Dunno where you're at but I haven't had issues at profreshional +2, also I've hit 4k so I'm pretty much done.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

salmon run is cool because your reward for going up the ranks is needing to play it less

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Irischroma/status/1572412458970513411?s=20&t=OvJPV7AjSdguuK0S0jc7rw

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Play long enough and you become what you hate. I tried the dapples and I think I’m a duallie main now.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

EightFlyingCars posted:

salmon run is cool because your reward for going up the ranks is needing to play it less

You get chunks for ongoing, but yeah I get your point.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
At this point I'm 2+ fights into The Hat Zone before even getting to trigger the boss each rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Beat the story tonight, though I left a bunch of stages behind that I will go back to later.

As always, Splatoon finales go hard and that was a real fun ride.

Should I feel bad if I go work the salmon yards now though???