Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

fuctifino posted:

I made a 1m bag for the wheelchair. It's probably about as big I can carry on the chair... and it worked well. First test was lunchtime today:
https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1570367236346466304

:hellyeah:

rollin' with da goodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

fuctifino posted:

Ta :)

One of the upsides of loudly vaping like this is that people sometimes ask me what I'm doing, and I freely tell them. Today, it was a pensioner while I was waiting outside the chippy. She commented that she used to smoke a lot of cannabis when she was a hippy in the 60's, and asked if it helped me. I told her it did, and that it was backed up with medical science etc, and was legally available. She then mentioned she had chronic pain through her lupus, and asked me if I thought cannabis would help her. I ended up the conversation giving her the full details of how to sign up with Sapphire, and potentially changed her life for the better.

It might not be the motivation for initially getting out there and loudly vaping, but it's a sustaining side-effect that will make me continue to do what I'm doing :)

:420:

I am super open about it with pretty much everyone I meet too, its genuinely suprising how much support and even if not support, the question always is, "does it help" and the honest answer is that it is in a small way, utterly life changing for me

I could definitely survive without, and did for many years, but hot drat life is a little bit better quality with a little bit of weed of an evening

Exception being the students I interact with. Stigma too strong still, and I don't generally discuss my medical poo poo with students anyway

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

fuctifino posted:

Ta :)

One of the upsides of loudly vaping like this is that people sometimes ask me what I'm doing, and I freely tell them. Today, it was a pensioner while I was waiting outside the chippy. She commented that she used to smoke a lot of cannabis when she was a hippy in the 60's, and asked if it helped me. I told her it did, and that it was backed up with medical science etc, and was legally available. She then mentioned she had chronic pain through her lupus, and asked me if I thought cannabis would help her. I ended up the conversation giving her the full details of how to sign up with Sapphire, and potentially changed her life for the better.

It might not be the motivation for initially getting out there and loudly vaping, but it's a sustaining side-effect that will make me continue to do what I'm doing :)

:420:

Sorry but when I read that you were ‘loudly vaping’ I immediately pictured you rolling down the street with an exaggerated ”Sooooooooooooooo……PHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!” sound and it made me lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jestery posted:

...the question always is, "does it help" ...

Same here. For me, it pretty much is lifechanging. The longest I've gone without over the past 16 years is a week to 10 days, and it always shocks me how much of a difference it makes to keeping the illness tamed. While I went down the chronic pain route to get my prescription, it also helps greatly with nausea, appetite, balance, dexterity, mood, sleep etc. Weed is by no means a cure, but it's an incredible treatment for me.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Sorry but when I read that you were ‘loudly vaping’ I immediately pictured you rolling down the street with an exaggerated ”Sooooooooooooooo……PHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!” sound and it made me lol

Haha, no. Just visually loud. There's no sound, and I also don't affect anyone else with my exhaled vapour.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Half a brownie around dinner seems to be the sweet spot for me. I can still get my evening chores done before it kicks in, I sleep better than I have in ages, and I wake up feeling refreshed.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Same here. For me, it pretty much is lifechanging. The longest I've gone without over the past 16 years is a week to 10 days, and it always shocks me how much of a difference it makes to keeping the illness tamed. .

I got a chronic tic disorder and weed just being in my system just seems to quiet the waves of "tics" to the point of being negligible. As well as just general anxiety relief.

As a side effect it seems to put my metabolism on overdive, so I'm just super warm and hungry at all times and still losing weight

Kinda wish I had the ability to not get high some times and consume my meds but it's no biggie

I've seen those ceramic resin things pop up in the states and that is super my speed, but shame they are pretty exxy appearntly and I'm pushing up against the grey area of the law consuming in public

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Regarding metabolism: I get weird leg sweats when I consume weed. Never happened with alcohol.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Are you high?

Me? No way.

Then why are your legs sweating?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Atlas Hugged posted:

Regarding metabolism: I get weird leg sweats when I consume weed. Never happened with alcohol.

I have legit lost 10kg since starting my script

I'm a string bean normally So it's not a nice trajectory

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I follow this insane hobo dude on youtube and his homie took him around in an RV and they're doing dabs while driving down the freeway, wtf:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

does a big rear end bag of vapor like that "keep" or does the smoke like cling to the bag/ settle on the few particles / etc ?

Can you vape a big as bag on a volcano and use it over 4 hours or is it more like a 30 minute thing?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

LifeSunDeath posted:

I follow this insane hobo dude on youtube and his homie took him around in an RV and they're doing dabs while driving down the freeway, wtf:

And yet still less dangerous than whipits behind the wheel somehow

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

oh for certain.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

onesixtwo posted:

The gently caress you mean "somehow" lol

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
In the airport lookin high at 7am

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

Don't worry I found it.

Also this Pennywise has quite a lot of citrus terp in it for some reason.

Always interesting to see how a mouthful of weed vape makes my Pepsi Max taste different

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wendigee posted:

does a big rear end bag of vapor like that "keep" or does the smoke like cling to the bag/ settle on the few particles / etc ?

Can you vape a big as bag on a volcano and use it over 4 hours or is it more like a 30 minute thing?

They are good for about 20-30 mins. I've never left a bag for longer than that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Jestery posted:

You might look into more indica dominant strains. Sativas can have a higher percentage of THCV, which can act like an appetite suppressant. Indicas tend to have little to no THCV.

If you're vaping with temp control, THCV doesn't boil off until the high 420°sF/220°C~, so you can keep the temp below that and not worry about THCV vaporizing on sativa you might already have.

Or just start eating more. The economy is hurting, CONSUME.

I need to stock up on durban poison. I could afford to lose some of my rear end.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

In the airport lookin high at 7am

THEY'LL KNOW

AND THEY DON'T EVEN CARE

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought 17 1g vape carts for $140 including tip yesterday. I will let you guys guess how many of them are older than a year.

For the record, they still work, still taste fine, etc. I primarily smoke flower at home and carts outside of home, so having cheap ones I don't mind burning through or losing is nice

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I took another 1m volcano bag into town yesterday lunchtime, and ended up bumping into the lady who I met outside the chip shop the other day. She told me that she'd told a friend of hers who suffers from acute osteoporosis how to apply, and that made me feel :smug:. It's great seeing ripples like that spread.

I then spent about 20 mins in the centre of the town on a busy Saturday, dynavaping while having coffee. I ended up chatting to another person on a mobility scooter, and I asked her if she suffered from chronic pain, which she did. I then asked her if she knew that medicinal cannabis had been legal since 2018, and she looked shocked and said no. She comes from a military family, so taking illegal cannabis is a definite no, but she would 100% use legal cannabis. She has a lot of secondary issues with her current, and relatively ineffective pain killing meds. I let her sniff what I had, and gave her the details to get the ball rolling with her legal prescription and told her to tell all her friends too...

Not a single person has taken offence, or if they have, they haven't said anything. I might take my ice bong into town next weekend and up the ante....

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Shine on, friend.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you remember that movie Bubble Boy?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

fuctifino posted:

I made a 1m bag for the wheelchair. It's probably about as big I can carry on the chair... and it worked well. First test was lunchtime today:

Never thought someone could hotbox the wheelchair, but...

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
^this is a really good post

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

LMAO!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!

But yes, I have transported smaller bags in my wheelchair rucksack with a whip attached, and thought about those wartime vehicles when I was doing it :)

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

fuctifino posted:

What is the metal multi-chamber container you use a couple of tweets down? My first Sapphire/Curaleaf scrip should be turning up this week and I need somewhere to put it all

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wachter posted:

What is the metal multi-chamber container you use a couple of tweets down? My first Sapphire/Curaleaf scrip should be turning up this week and I need somewhere to put it all

It's a Reload from Mad Heaters with a couple of extra storage containers added. It's a fantastic dynavap tool.

Congrats on your first scrip :) :420:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 19, 2022

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Lol

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've had weed and Splatoon 3 on my mind all day today. A good combo together.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Sadly, the local plug didn't pan out, but I got back safely from my 15 hrs of driving back and forth from Colorado this weekend. Grabbed a $60 oz of some stuff that works pretty good but doesn't last super long and a more expensive half oz of Gorilla Glue that works pretty dang good. A couple of carts helped round it out.

I might've gotten more, but I'm just trying to hold out till November to see if Missouri, the state one hr away, legalizes recreational use.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I haven't read the MO rec bill, but it will probably take a little bit for it to go into effect. Probably at least the first of the year. I wouldn't expect to be able to walk into a MO dispensary until they plaster "recreational" on the outside somewhere, not the day after the vote.

Arkansas weed bill has been hitting speed bumps. I'm still surprised they even have medical dispensaries, and those took years to get. Iirc they had a medical law for 3+ years with no dispensaries at all.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I haven't read the MO rec bill, but it will probably take a little bit for it to go into effect. Probably at least the first of the year. I wouldn't expect to be able to walk into a MO dispensary until they plaster "recreational" on the outside somewhere, not the day after the vote.

Arkansas weed bill has been hitting speed bumps. I'm still surprised they even have medical dispensaries, and those took years to get. Iirc they had a medical law for 3+ years with no dispensaries at all.

New Mexico was legal on June 29, 2021 and dispensaries that opted in became rec on April 1, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yup. poo poo like that. I'd expect another road trip.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Yeah I usually give it a year or a year and a half after legalization before actual professional places start popping up, took Cali nearly two years after 2016 (i think)

ALSO: thanks to sales I got an ounce of We'd for 50 bucks 💅 im good for the rest of the year

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Even Colorado took a bit to allow rec sales after it passed.

Also you've got a good 3 years before prices resemble Colorado or Washington prices.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
If I gotta drive out again, I gotta drive out. The drive there was kind of nice actually, since not only was it pitch black (meaning you couldn't see just how boring and flat Kansas is), but there was a notable lightning storm in the distance which was fun to watch.

The drive back however reminded me just how boring and flat Kansas is. You see the edge of the horizon, it takes you 30 min to get there...and then you repeat that for 7 hours.

I thought maybe since MO already had quite a few medical dispensaries that it would maybe be a bit faster to convert them to recreational. Also, they've said their prices are going to be notably lower than Illinois, so maybe it doesn't need to be CO prices, but I don't mind paying a bit more to shave 13 hours off my drive time.

Edit: Also, MO is plastered in billboards telling people to not use fentanyl, and that it kills more people than car crashes.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

99 Motherfucker cookies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vlaphor posted:

The drive back however reminded me just how boring and flat Kansas is. You see the edge of the horizon, it takes you 30 min to get there...and then you repeat that for 7 hours.

Having just driven through a bunch of West Texas, it's almost the same except less flat.

There is NOTHING out there. No one lives there, there's derelict gas stations every 30 miles or so, poo poo's far too big for having nothing worthwhile.

When I am President, Texas will be shrunken down to a more reasonable size. CA and FL too.