Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

veni veni veni posted:

I played through Prodeus on PC about a year ago with a gamepad and it feels great. Zero issues. tbh I think it felt just as good to play as the new Doom games if not better. Personally I liked it more than Eternal overall.

My only gripe with Prodeus (and I don't know if it's been changed since) was that the checkpointing was kind of stupid unless you care about scores. Basically you just respawn and all of the enemies you killed stay dead which makes it feel like there isn't really any challenge (although you will get a crappy score if you die a lot) Game could have really used a lives system or something. iirc the hardest mode doesn't have checkpoints but lol. No way I can beat that.

Otherwise it's the best boomer shooter I have played by a wide margin.

I bought it a few months ago and it really is a beautiful frenetic gore fest that feels really good to play and has excellent sound design too.
hosed with some custom maps and really dug those too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love how Prodeus went from being unknown to me to nuclear hype levels after finding out about it. I might not buy it at launch because I’m trying to stick to sales for new purchases but it’s gonna be hard to not go for it.

veni veni veni posted:

TLOU 2 is one of the most ambitious games ever made. It's insane how good it is. You are in for a ride.

:yeah:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Volte posted:

I was faced with a similar issue recently and ended up getting a MAGIC NS 2 adapter which lets the DualShock 4 (among other things) work perfectly with the PS3. I've been playing through the Metal Gear Solid collection using a DS4 and it has worked fine (rumble and PS button work fine).

Quoting again for possible troubleshooting help.

I just got mine and connected the PS4 controller wirelessly to the PS3 with it, but the PS button doesn't work. It's like it's connected to the PS3 as a generic Bluetooth controller.

The video guide I followed said to just plug in the adapter, switch the mode to PS3 (after turning the console on) then pair the PS4 controller to it.

Did you do something different to get it to work perfectly?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I'm pretty sure mine just worked when I plugged it in. Are you sure it's set to PS3 mode? There are two modes with blue lights - the PS3 mode is the dark blue light.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

TLOU 2 is one of the most ambitious games ever made. It's insane how good it is. You are in for a ride.

Yup.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

veni veni veni posted:

:yeah: what a classic

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SkeletonHero posted:

Who even cares? Games like Hades are a diamond dozen.

:ocelot:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwdM4Dg6g88

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

crazy how there hasn’t beeen a game even close to this good since it dropped about fifty years ago

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
TLOU1 is a great game

TLOU2 is all-time top 10

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Volte posted:

I'm pretty sure mine just worked when I plugged it in. Are you sure it's set to PS3 mode? There are two modes with blue lights - the PS3 mode is the dark blue light.

Yeah, it cycled through red, to purple and then blue, though I just found this on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/mtz57c/mayflash_magicns_ds4_on_ps3_issue/

I've not tried it yet but the blue/purple was mixed up on their device. Though I also didn't realise there were 2 blues.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Got 'em

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Was looking for an open world game to scratch the itch and RDR2 was on sale for $35, guess I'll finally get around to playing it. Definitely a beautiful game so far.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
TLOU2 is a thoroughly ok game with ok graphics and ok sound design. It'd be better with roguelike elements.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
and cards

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Finished Deliver Us the Moon the other night and I was really impressed. Great mix of chill look-around areas and environmental hazard/low oxygen races against the clock. Sometimes it's 3rd person perspective, other times 1st. I thought the story was pretty interesting, it's totally not a horror game. If you're looking for a "explore a research base gone dark" game and don't like horror, this is for you. It's part of ps+ extra as well. A sequel is coming out in a few months, Deliver Us Mars, looks like you get a new traversal tool. I usually just beat a game and move on but this one really grabbed me. Once I upgraded my ps+ and got access to a bunch of games, I've been playing like 20 minutes, going hmmm, and trying something else. But this one was a keeper. Definitely going to buy the sequel, want to support the devs for making something different.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The 3rd person perspective in that game looked really goofy to me and took me out of it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Escobarbarian posted:

TLOU1 is a great game

TLOU2 is all-time top 10

:yeah:

withoutclass posted:

Was looking for an open world game to scratch the itch and RDR2 was on sale for $35, guess I'll finally get around to playing it. Definitely a beautiful game so far.

I am very excited for you!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Yeah, at the very beginning when you're still on Earth, her jump looks awful. It's basically her space-jump animation but with gravity and it feels bad. But once I got into space, those jumps felt more natural for some reason.

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
So outer worlds and cyberpunk are both on sale right now. If I was looking for a fps would either one of them fit the bill? Are they both giant open world games where I'm gonna have to travel halfway across a big rear end map to shoot poo poo?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hoffadoff posted:

So outer worlds and cyberpunk are both on sale right now. If I was looking for a fps would either one of them fit the bill? Are they both giant open world games where I'm gonna have to travel halfway across a big rear end map to shoot poo poo?

cyberpunk is exactly a giant open world game where you're gonna half to travel halfway across a big rear end map to shoot poo poo. outer worlds i wouldn't know because it's bad

cyberpunk has its merits but it's not very good as a shooter. guns sound great but your character's damage feedback is really bad, you'll just hear a soft thwip-thwip and suddenly half your lifebar is missing

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

withoutclass posted:

Oof, to be able to go back to that for the first time. Absurdly gorgeous and alive.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Hoffadoff posted:

nope theyre both rpgs so

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

withoutclass posted:

so jealous. Even my wife would just sit and watch me play it was so engrossing. She doesnt do that with any other game except Elden Ring

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

bows1 posted:

so jealous. Even my wife would just sit and watch me play it was so engrossing. She doesnt do that with any other game except Elden Ring

got bad news for you about your wife and horses

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

or maybe good news i aint judge

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Did RDR2 ever get some kind of next gen update?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Casnorf posted:

nope theyre both rpgs so

:blastu:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Beans posted:

infuriatingly, no

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hoffadoff posted:

Just to be clear: Outer Wilds is not an fps in the slightest. The only weapons you get are radio signal things and language translators. It is, however, incredible

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

The injustice of RDR2 not having a next gen patch is second only to the situation with Bloodborne. It looks ridiculous at 4k 60fps

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

Escobarbarian posted:

Just to be clear: Outer Wilds is not an fps in the slightest. The only weapons you get are radio signal things and language translators. It is, however, incredible

What's outer wilds? I was asking about outer worlds. Well if neither of them fit the bill has anybody played a good fps lately that's not cod?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Escobarbarian posted:

Just to be clear: Outer Worlds is not Outer Wilds.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Hoffadoff posted:

What's outer wilds? I was asking about outer worlds. Well if neither of them fit the bill has anybody played a good fps lately that's not cod?

Prodeus hits consoles in a couple days and it's the opposite of cod

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Hoffadoff posted:

Prodeus comes out on Friday, it’s gotten good reviews in early access.

https://youtu.be/kVNYObIFmYM

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Hoffadoff posted:

Cyberpunk is a pretty good RPG with some mediocre shooting and really dull driving. Outer Words is space Fallout with humor I found cringe and absolutely dog poo poo shooting.

Prodeus comes out in a couple of days and is awesome if you like boomer shooters (It's been on PC in a polished early access form for more than a year, so its quality is a known quantity).

I can't think of any other first-person games more recent than Doom Eternal that I'd recommend on the grounds of their action.

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
And that looks like what I need. I was gonna go and buy an old doom or something but that looks like it'll scratch a similar itch. Thanks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Beans posted:

RDR did kinda on the series x. It runs pretty friggin great at 60fps

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Hoffadoff posted:

That's what I was trying to suggest. They're first-person RPGs, not shooters. I like them both, but they aren't what I play when I want DOOM or bangbangbang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Do you want boomer shooter or steath action shooter or oorah narrative shooter or looter shooter? There's something for everyone there; I might go with Deathloop or Borderlands 3 if you just want to go nuts on some everything.