Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Greed-blinded sociopathic idiots.

I like how that could be said with equal truth about both fashion and crypto.

But in this case, they get to walk proud with nazi imagery!

edit: FOMC is tomorrow: https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/

1PM CST JPOW will announce rates, and then we get to see if the markets die off.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If you got on a plane and your choice was either sit next to someone with a maga cap or a bored ape ensemble which would you pick?

I would charge the cockpit in death by air marshal

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

priznat posted:

If you got on a plane and your choice was either sit next to someone with a maga cap or a bored ape ensemble which would you pick?

Yeah, I'd try to sit on the wing after take off.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

priznat posted:

You might be able to get the maga guy to talk about sports and uhuh through everything if you hate/don’t care about it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

hobbesmaster posted:

You might be able to get the maga guy to talk about sports and uhuh through everything if you hate/don’t care about it.

Oh god I know nothing about football!! Or nascar! I’m screwed

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie
Odds are the crypto guy is probably a maga guy as well, so at least picking the maga cap guy might get you out of a crypto conversation.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

you would sooner catch me in an ahegao shirt than this poo poo

The people who can recognize the source of the faces on the aheago hoodie are somehow LESS cringy to hold a conversation with than the people who can recognize the ape says a lot about society.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

priznat posted:

I have an n95 and earplugs either way so eh

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Degenerates who can ID the ahegaos on sight likely know it’s something they just keep to themselves cuz it’s hella weird to bring up.

Ape Degenerates feel like it’s in their best interest to not shut the gently caress up about their grift

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Yo is that Paul from dune

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

titty_baby_ posted:

Yo is that Paul from dune

FUD is the mindkiller. WAGMI!!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Reddit cryptocurrency appears to be in strong denial of world's most obvious drop. Lots of good denial.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/xjhcqp/experts_argue_sec_cannot_claim_jurisdiction_over/

like this: sec can't regulate Ethereum!

sec: hold.my.beer.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
damnit quote is not edit

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Lmao I met this chick on tinder and her idea of a date was helping her do volunteer work to further her political career hahahaha

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

Workshopping the next season of Curb your enthusiasm?

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Gutcruncher posted:

Degenerates who can ID the ahegaos on sight likely know it’s something they just keep to themselves cuz it’s hella weird to bring up.

Ape Degenerates feel like it’s in their best interest to not shut the gently caress up about their grift

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It continues to be lol every time NFT stuff comes out months after the entire field imploded and crashed to worthlessness.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

notwithoutmyanus posted:

damnit quote is not edit

I've been posting on SA for over a decade and I still don't know what this means

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Mr. Merdle posted:

Lmao I met this chick on tinder and her idea of a date was helping her do volunteer work to further her political career hahahaha

was she like barely verbal level dumb? i cram to comprehend how someone capable of conversation at an adult level would think those "blockchain cures psoriasis" tweets would make her look like a forward thinking politician rather than a particularly blatant scammer

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Herman Merman posted:

I've been posting on SA for over a decade and I still don't know what this means

They meant to edit their post but they hit quote instead, didn't notice and accidentally made an entire new post instead.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr. Merdle posted:

No way!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

loving loafers with socks

Jesus gently caress, can we use the prison industrial complex for good for once

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Lol Tether just got asked by a judge for historical reserve documentation that they absolutely don't have cos the CFTC settlement noted that it doesn't exist

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1572375558431948802

This is good news for bitcoin, they're already pumping to hide the news

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Reddit cryptocurrency appears to be in strong denial of world's most obvious drop. Lots of good denial.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/xjhcqp/experts_argue_sec_cannot_claim_jurisdiction_over/

like this: sec can't regulate Ethereum!

sec: hold.my.beer.

aren't you the TA guy who shamelessly supported this whole system for actually quite a long time until you weren't profiting from it anymore?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

was she like barely verbal level dumb? i cram to comprehend how someone capable of conversation at an adult level would think those "blockchain cures psoriasis" tweets would make her look like a forward thinking politician rather than a particularly blatant scammer

Just looking the replies on those tweets, it does seems to work with the cypto crowd

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Greed-blinded sociopathic idiots.

I like how that could be said with equal truth about both fashion and crypto.

You can't be on stimulants constantly, not eating, and not be terrible, at the same time.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I love the idea of "they can't even manage to regulate the stock market, let alone crypto!" as if things with the stock market aren't going exactly according to what they want

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

At the time she was trying to primary Mike Lee and get on the Republican ticket. She actually had some pretty progressive thinking but it was more libertarian side of it all. The idea that deregulation will fix everything. But she also came across as pretty self-centered and definitely huffed her own farts when it came to policy.

I work in construction as a project manager, so I get to see a lot of what the actual issues are in housing. I also try to volunteer at habitat for humanity when I have the time. January is pretty typical of the disconnect between people who haven't worked in the field and people who understand the nuances of these issues. She is the kind of person who looks at things and goes "well why can't we just not do that" without asking actual experts.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen

https://twitter.com/carnage4life/status/1572546212485824514?s=46&t=Af6FyteB66pKbDa5sXBYDg

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
"the person selling these securities is wanted for securities fraud. continue [y/n]?" and cryptobros are just mashin that Y as hard as they can

these are the dumbest motherfuckers on earth, i swear to god

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/luxury-cars-seized-crypto-king-investors-try-recoup-millions-1.6583982

quote:

Investors also asked about a number of potential assets, including luxury cars, watches and gold bars. When asked if he had ever owned a Patek Philippe watch — and if he did, what happened to it — Pleterski told the meeting he'd never owned a Patek Philippe watch and that "he has never owned a watch with a value greater than $600,000."

aka "I definitely spent half a million dollars of your money on a watch" Haha this kid is awesome, hope he bounces back from this unfortunate downturn in the market

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

putin is a oval office posted:

aren't you the TA guy who shamelessly supported this whole system for actually quite a long time until you weren't profiting from it anymore?

I went real deep on the poop touching yes. people are capable of learning obviously. I didn't flip from some kind of lack of profit, It was more like from doing the research I should have done upfront. given how the entire Ponzi is made to be obtuse, is that really a surprise?

reminds me, I think it's been long enough I should write about my experiences with the crypto exchange.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 21, 2022

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Merdle posted:

But did you get head? :downsrim:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Have you SEEN the people who pass for politicians?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Please Note

Just in case you were wondering

It's no big deal but

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
https://twitter.com/JMellerud/status/1572104318941011974

Have some gorgeous brain worms (thread)

inputfailed
Nov 9, 2005

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

https://twitter.com/Colin_Sully/status/1572347556679790593?s=20&t=KYY6afHbkrDy2cZdzqRAXg

Don't think too hard about it, I beg you, my children are starving

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This is my favorite tweet so far. My office’s sales executives could only dream of putting so much spin on something so brazenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Now that I think of the energy crisis, what easier way to solve it than to ban bitcoin mining?

I think we're in for a hell of a ride.