Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

They’re going to show up at the studio today, and start running the business.

Holy poo poo, his reaction. He's going to go apeshit. :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It seems like filing for bankruptcy was a big mistake on Jones' part.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

It seems like filing for bankruptcy was a big mistake on Jones' part.

One weird trick to blow up your whole operation while already under intense legal scrutiny!!!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Jones is in CT right? So he won't be hosting his show today.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yeah AJ won’t be there if this trustee is in the building today good luck to owen shroyer to try and pick the infowars narrative.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

You gotta imagine the new guy is going to have the broadcast playing in his office in classic Radio Station Manager style.

Imagine sitting there on your first day still setting up your desk while the on-air 'talent' denounces you as a satanic tool of the globalist commie-nazi elite. :kstare:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If the govt. is in control and they broadcast some real illegal poo poo, who is liable?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Hell, imagine you're part of the most boring, minutiae obsessed offices in government period. You've got a nice steady gig running a plastic resin plant in Lebanon, Indiana since sole proprietor decided to get real big into coke and then lowtaxed himself. You're at a good Marriott for at least 3 months and your partner, Kris, has the kids from their first marriage full time so at least there is finally some stability at home. Life is starting to look better.

Then you get a meeting invite from your boss for 6 hours tomorrow morning subject: FSS kickoff and security briefing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
whoever this AJ money minder is, they're gonna get harassed by lunatics.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I will note that part of what the US trustee is doing is evaluating the business so that they can appoint an uninterested third party to run things. That person will be running things with the full force of the government, but will not be a government employee per se. FSS will be paying them just like they were paying Schwartz for his bullshit before.

goatface posted:

If the govt. is in control and they broadcast some real illegal poo poo, who is liable?

The individuals who said the stuff and FSS may be liable depending on what was said and how. The United States will not be liable.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

goatface posted:

The company is still liable, which is why the Trustee is empowered to order "don't loving do that."

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The bankruptcy stuff is, if I'm reading things correctly, the bankruptcy court equivalent of a default judgement. "You're abusing the bankruptcy process to the degree that we're taking your company away from you until we get things sorted out" isn't a thing that happens often.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

goatface posted:

Oh right, because they decided Alex Jones and FSS were one and the same?

I guess I'm asking if he walks - or if the trustee decides "show not viable, host too erratic" and pulls a plug - and he goes and starts a new company, do they follow him or what?

In general, the answer to the question "can I sneak my assets or profits out under a bankruptcy judge's nose" is always a big fat No.

There's nothing stopping him from starting a new company completely from scratch, with no connections whatsoever to FSS except sharing the same owner. But he won't be able to touch any money or resources owned by FSS. He'd have to totally start fresh. Moreover, depending on how deeply his own finances are entangled with FSS's, his own money could very well be tainted as well.

goatface posted:

The people who showed the illegal thing, the people who ordered the showing of the illegal thing, and the people who approved of showing the illegal thing. Though it's hard to think of anything they could broadcast that would be straight-up illegal to show.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Raku posted:

I hope the trustee sits at the desk and is just a cohost from now on

I'm imagining something not unlike this:

Right before he then throws his briefcase at Alex's head.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Court has started for the day

Alex Jones is testifying later today or tomorrow apparently and apparently complained about it on his show last night

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

mojo1701a posted:

I'm imagining something not unlike this:

Right before he then throws his briefcase at Alex's head.

the finger thing means the taxes!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Welp, so Jones will have his day in court. Sure it'll go well!

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
lmao norm just knocked over a massive binder on the judge's dais. I think this sidebar is about whether norm can be sanctioned when alex invariably violates standing court orders

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
lol at Pattis talking about the CT contempt statutes and then knocking over half the books on her table. The judge looked like she was going to murder him.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Pattis hosed up her mic too.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The ResetWars thing was maybe supposed to be laying the groundwork for his way out from this, but if he thinks he can just move everything over to another company and make the plaintiffs start a new suit in a different state (the ResetWars company was incorporated in Delaware or Maryland or wherever he found that had the most favorable laws for defendants in civil suits) he’s mistaken. If it’s not already squirreled away it’s going to be gone, and maybe even whatever he’s tried to stash in a hiding spot can be dug back up. Maybe literally, I wouldn’t put it past him to bury cash or gold somewhere.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

The court and everyone in it posted:

So we all know AJ is gonna go hog wild.
Can we establish the rules before he turns up, 'cause otherwise poo poo's gonna be hosed.

We, the plaintiffs want to reign him in.

We, the defence think our best defence is pushing the rules so we can pill the jury, maybe force a mistrial by being the biggest clown in the circus.
Also gently caress the recording tech.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

To be fair to Pattis, I think he has some legitimate worries about Jones taking the stand and getting Pattis sanctioned to hell and back, so I don't blame him for this sidebar.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

OneMoreTime posted:

To be fair to Pattis, I think he has some legitimate worries about Jones taking the stand and getting Pattis sanctioned to hell and back, so I don't blame him for this sidebar.

Is that what this is about? I can't understand anything bc my brain is bad at processing whispers

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

KitConstantine posted:

Is that what this is about? I can't understand anything bc my brain is bad at processing whispers

Well, it's what it was about until Pattis knocked over everything, messed up the mic and basically was a giant Norm about everything. Could be discussing something else right now, judging from how intense the whispers are getting at times?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

KitConstantine posted:

Most courtrooms I have been in have a little white noise machine they can play whenever there is a sidebar like this so of course I am losing my mind trying to listen in now. I have my phone turned up all the way and still no clue what they are saying.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pirate Radar posted:

The ResetWars thing was maybe supposed to be laying the groundwork for his way out from this, but if he thinks he can just move everything over to another company and make the plaintiffs start a new suit in a different state (the ResetWars company was incorporated in Delaware or Maryland or wherever he found that had the most favorable laws for defendants in civil suits) he’s mistaken. If it’s not already squirreled away it’s going to be gone, and maybe even whatever he’s tried to stash in a hiding spot can be dug back up. Maybe literally, I wouldn’t put it past him to bury cash or gold somewhere.

I'd be truly shocked if Alex spent have a bag of gold under his bed that he never gets around to burying.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

I'm not sure that cranking the gain is the solution, but I've got no idea what you'd do otherwise.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
What's the point of having a side bar when the jury isn't in the room?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The judge looks incredibly over this.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Confusedslight posted:

The judge looks incredibly over this.

100% this.
It really seems like she's run out of patience.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Tree Dude posted:

What's the point of having a side bar when the jury isn't in the room?

I think it was about courtroom management stuff - negotiating over when various witnesses will be taking the stand, how long they'll be, etc...

The idea of the sidebar without jury present is that it lets the lawyer cut through the BS of bloviating on behalf of the client and say "Look, he's only going to be on the stand for half an hour" when making a statement like that in open court might make him look stupid in some fashion

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Oh, I guess Norm decided he was done with Watts? I'm not surprised since his line of questioning literally involved "so what do you think of Paul Revere"?

EDIT: Oh no, it's another Sandy Hook parent. This is going to be rough

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cool, thanks for clarifying. I don't think I've ever heard of this sort of thing being done.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

OneMoreTime posted:

Oh, I guess Norm decided he was done with Watts? I'm not surprised since his line of questioning literally involved "so what do you think of Paul Revere"?

Watts is back Friday to finish up. He was just busy today I think. I'm told this isn't unusual

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Tree Dude posted:

Watts is back Friday to finish up. He was just busy today I think. I'm told this isn't unusual

Yeah, the Judge said the same thing - experts can have actual jobs that aren't *court stuff* so scheduling can be a little complicated.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Tree Dude posted:

Oh interesting, I didn't realize that was a thing.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Norm going to hard on cross on any of these parents in front of this jury would be a massive mistake

So of course I bet he does

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
“But Dad I had to bite something!”

:smith: I love that six year old honesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

KitConstantine posted:

Norm going to hard on cross on any of these parents in front of this jury would be a massive mistake

So of course I bet he does

Ah gently caress, the scar hit me extremely hard