Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I loved Dishonored and Prey but somehow I never got around to Deathloop. I think I didn't have a PS5 until well after its heyday and by then there were other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

New thread, new posters, so here's a friendly invitation to our friendly Discord server for PlayStation thread posters!

We'll help you with hardware or software troubleshooting, game recommendations, trophy hunting, or just finding other folks to play games with. Everyone is welcome!

https://discord.gg/9j7ugAb

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Baggot posted:

New thread, new posters, so here's a friendly invitation to our friendly Discord server for PlayStation thread posters!

We'll help you with hardware or software troubleshooting, game recommendations, trophy hunting, or just finding other folks to play games with. Everyone is welcome!

be ye fairly warned the fish is only slightly less insufferable in real time

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
The voice acting quality in deathloop is leagues beyond forspoken, they're not in any way comparable.
Good actors can save bad writing, but bad writing and bad acting is unbearable.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

did u no i havent watched the forspoken trailer and dont even know which one yall het up about

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

I grabbed one of the older Metro games in a sale back when I first got a PS4, Redux I think? And it just never grabbed me

Soul Glo posted:

Ghostwire Tokyo is right there, man

I only saw like a minute of footage but I thought it was more of a 1st person magic sword guy style game than an FPS

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

im not gonna click a link either nice try nerrrrrdddddssssssss

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Wolfsheim posted:

I only saw like a minute of footage but I thought it was more of a 1st person magic sword guy style game than an FPS

Naw, it's an FPS disguised as magic, sorta like how Infamous is a third-person shooter disguised as superpowers.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It's like 30 seconds of your life you'll never get back anyway, so you're better off not seeing it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wolfsheim posted:

I grabbed one of the older Metro games in a sale back when I first got a PS4, Redux I think? And it just never grabbed me

Ghostwire is an FPS your just shooting magic bullets

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Macichne Leainig posted:

It's like 30 seconds of your life you'll never get back anyway, so you're better off not seeing it

I mean I'd'a just wasted'em posting here, let's be fair.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Casnorf posted:

I mean I'd'a just wasted'em posting here, let's be fair.

So if you watch it it's double waste. That's a horrible waste inefficiency and we strive to do better on these forums

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Casnorf posted:

be ye fairly warned the fish is only slightly less insufferable in real time

The upside is there is actually more people like me keeping the fish in line in real time.

I forget to check on this forum to corral him.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Sakurazuka posted:

Great, another JFK Reloaded ripoff.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Macichne Leainig posted:

So if you watch it it's double waste. That's a horrible waste inefficiency and we strive to do better on these forums

I don't know how to break this to you but hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ghostwire is a £20 game at best, pay no more for it than that.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

wats a squiggle

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baggot posted:

We are so close to 500 members!!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I will never post in the discord while this thread still lives!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I will never post in the discord while this thread still lives!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don't think Cyberpunk is bad to play as just a shooter. It's obviously not Doom quality, and you'll probably want to play on a low difficulty so you don't have to engage with the RPG elements as much, but the guns feels good, the cyber augments you can get are pretty fun, and the aiming feels decent enough. great soundtrack too.

Deathloop I really enjoyed until I got to the point where the game tells you exactly what you need to do to beat the game and you're just going through the motions doing repeated loops over and over again to check objectives off. At that point it was just really boring and the limitations of the sandbox became really obvious. I thought the writing was fine and the main characters were fun and charismatic.

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 21, 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Someone free Bungie from the Destiny mines, they do the best gunplay in gaming they just keep putting it in bad games now they don’t get to do Halo anymore.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bungie is working on a brand new IP right now. It's not clear what will happen to Destiny after the next two expansions, the latter of which was described as "the conclusion of the saga"

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Bungie willingly locked themselves in those mines.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Make Criterion do Black 2 actually

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And then another loving Burnout without any open world bullshit, just good tracks to race on instead of a bunch of cramped city blocks with sharp 90 degree turns

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Imagine working at Bungie making content for Destiny, knowing it'll all be deleted from the game and unplayable within a year or two.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It must be soul destroying.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

First Person Sorcerer

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If they want to keep the GaaS treadmill going they could always start unvaulting poo poo and doing throwback events that are outside the canon of their precious saga, or just make up some space bullshit to make them canon.

Timewalking worked for Blizzard for a while.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

stev posted:

Imagine working at Bungie making content for Destiny, knowing it'll all be deleted from the game and unplayable within a year or two.

They're not vaulting stuff anymore.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

stev posted:

imagine contemplating the sublime ethereal beauty of the cherry blossom

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside! posted:

If they want to keep the GaaS treadmill going they could always start unvaulting poo poo and doing throwback events that are outside the canon of their precious saga, or just make up some space bullshit to make them canon.

Timewalking worked for Blizzard for a while.

There was a season involving a time machine, but it’s been vaulted :ironicat:

Evil Badman posted:

They’re not vaulting major expansions, but they’re still clearing out seasonal content every year

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Evil Badman posted:

They're still vaulting seasonal content, which is like if FF14 deleted all its patch story content every expansion.

stev fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 21, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Valkyrie profile, tactics ogre reborn, suikoden 1+2 hd remaster, eiyuden chronicle, final fantasy 16

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Aipsh posted:

Gonna riot if this doesn’t come to Piss5 or PissVR2

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1572372646012260353?s=21

Seeing this thing pop up in the Making Games Megathread from time to time has been a real hoot toot. Great to see it getting attention, and hell yes it should get a console port.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

yall want more FPS games but arent invoking the proper hypothetical reality where a studio reverts to making their good FPS franchise:

Killzone

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Trombone game is alright - it's just a gag and near impossible to control right - at least with a mouse with how fast some songs are. But I am sure some turbonerd has S'classed the entire thing already.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

ShoogaSlim posted:

yall want more FPS games but arent invoking the proper hypothetical reality where a studio reverts to making their good FPS franchise:

Killzone

I miss the mode from Killzone 2 (I never played 3 or Shadows Fall so I don't know if it survived) where it would switch every minute or so between different objective modes and TDM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Killzone was awesome.