Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Do not ditch the double hooks perk, you’re going to run into some quests that are going to require a lot of fishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Most of them are worth it but bottle warmer, energy drink, XP and vault ones you can toss.

Artisan becomes very useful once you start making things in bulk (especially spheres), and the recycle one gives you a marginal amount of bottles back but it’s not essential. Keep double hooks for sure.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Eventually you’ll have enough points for all of them, but the ones you listed are pretty low priority overall. (I like Please Recycle just to minimize how much exploring I do for glass, but it’s pretty minimal overall benefit.)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Artisan is imo one of the better perklines. It gives a huge boost to profit from selling items.

Selling thousands of spheres (primarily from direct drops or rune drops innoet shop) during silver bonus% events s a big money maker.

Reducing craft costs by 70% almost quadruples the profit you get when selling crafted items.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I made it to 1st of the Far Away quests and looking at the next 10... man gently caress these quests.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

obi_ant posted:

I made it to 1st of the Far Away quests and looking at the next 10... man gently caress these quests.

Yeah they even say it’s a grind. What helped me was grabbing the fish I would need while waiting to grow enough rice and beets. Then you’re lost of the way through the next bit when you get to it.

Now I’m growing pumpkins in case there’s a massive Halloween quest.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Hit T100 this morning, +2500 inventory feels sooooooooo good.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah they even say it’s a grind. What helped me was grabbing the fish I would need while waiting to grow enough rice and beets. Then you’re lost of the way through the next bit when you get to it.

Now I’m growing pumpkins in case there’s a massive Halloween quest.

I’m actually enjoying them, because even though it’s a lot of poo poo it’s all mostly stuff I can actually grow/collect and work at, and not just some time-gated thing like honey.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

The salt requirement is the worst since I'm adverse to voiding oak.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I've burned out to the point where I stopped logging in to do work at storehouse.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Aww what the hell, mega beet seeds give you the same farming XP as normal beet seeds? What a rip-off.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey folks. I don't post much here, and I also don't pay a lot of attention to chat, so don't take what I say with authority. From my limited being around, it seems that this Luna van Yeethoven is a cool person. I've seen her around and she seemed kind and positive.
She says she got chat-banned for pointing out transphobia, and she posted this thing: https://improveloop.com/discussion/5659 . Multiple of you have been witness to similar behaviour, so I imagine it's believable.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Finally found my first raptor egg! Yay?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dancer posted:

Hey folks. I don't post much here, and I also don't pay a lot of attention to chat, so don't take what I say with authority. From my limited being around, it seems that this Luna van Yeethoven is a cool person. I've seen her around and she seemed kind and positive.
She says she got chat-banned for pointing out transphobia, and she posted this thing: https://improveloop.com/discussion/5659 . Multiple of you have been witness to similar behaviour, so I imagine it's believable.

It’s a trend of behavior by the staff and the reason I stopped supporting the game. People talk about all kinds of real life and off topic stuff but the second anything related to lgbt is brought up, it gets moderated and always against lgbt individuals.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

Finally found my first raptor egg! Yay?

I found my first raptor egg within 100 stamina and I'm still looking for a second after 10k more spent.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Got through the last of the Far Away quests today, what a grind. I had been building a bit of a supply of Arnold Palmers and Apple Ciders, which isn’t helpful when those quests reward a total of 6000 Arnold’s - heavily skewed toward the final quests.

To get rid of my AP stash I sold off 1200 - the market seems flooded with people in the same predicament so not much appetite. I upgraded my storehouse to stash 400, gave away 200 at random, and then started just using them in Whispering Creek. I picked up 16 raptor eggs (numbers 101-to-116) and crafted a lot of canoe’s before I could finally complete the last quest without voiding anything… almost.

Final curveball, the final quest reward also includes 2000 red dye, which I’d been making as a side effect of exploring WP, so I explored Mount Banon for thousands of glass and carbon spheres and made a fuckload of red shields too. Doesn’t feel like I actually achieved anything: masteries, grand masteries, achievements - but I moved the progress meters along. The “it’s a marathon, not a sprint” line I guess.

I guess an excess of riches isn’t that bad. Now I have no more quests.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

I found my first raptor egg within 100 stamina and I'm still looking for a second after 10k more spent.

It took me far more than 10k. I drank 200 OJ tonight just trying to get herbs. I voided so much oak and slime. And garnet oops.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

susan b buffering posted:

The salt requirement is the worst since I'm adverse to voiding oak.

Salt can be found in Large Chest 3, btw - might be worth checking to see if you have any of those lying around.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

DRINK ME posted:

Got through the last of the Far Away quests today, what a grind. I had been building a bit of a supply of Arnold Palmers and Apple Ciders, which isn’t helpful when those quests reward a total of 6000 Arnold’s - heavily skewed toward the final quests.

To get rid of my AP stash I sold off 1200 - the market seems flooded with people in the same predicament so not much appetite. I upgraded my storehouse to stash 400, gave away 200 at random, and then started just using them in Whispering Creek. I picked up 16 raptor eggs (numbers 101-to-116) and crafted a lot of canoe’s before I could finally complete the last quest without voiding anything… almost.

Final curveball, the final quest reward also includes 2000 red dye, which I’d been making as a side effect of exploring WP, so I explored Mount Banon for thousands of glass and carbon spheres and made a fuckload of red shields too. Doesn’t feel like I actually achieved anything: masteries, grand masteries, achievements - but I moved the progress meters along. The “it’s a marathon, not a sprint” line I guess.

I guess an excess of riches isn’t that bad. Now I have no more quests.

Yeah I ended up giving away hundreds of APs to make room for the rewards for that quest.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
You know you can, like, not hand in the quests until you have room for the rewards, right?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yes but I wanted the rest of the stuff plus I don’t mind giving stuff away - it helped me when I was starting it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just finished corn quandry, so I am growing some corn. Currently the two quests I have the ability to finish are gated on pocket watches to ducks and spiders to cutlass. Working on some t2 masteries (the 100x one) in the mean time. Yay treasure chests and magnifying glasses and such.

Finally got crafting to 85 or whatever so I can make purple purses and red shields. Made around 1k of each. (max inventory is 988.)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

finally hit tower 100 and holy poo poo the inventory boost makes mastering things so so so much easier

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kaboobi posted:

finally hit tower 100 and holy poo poo the inventory boost makes mastering things so so so much easier

Not to mention wasting 2500 fewer antlers each day AND having loads more large nets ready when I log in.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kaboobi posted:

How many items do you have mastered already to have enough AK to unlock tower level 100? I’m at Level 32 with 66 mastered/27 GM’d and already running dry on AK.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Referee posted:

How many items do you have mastered already to have enough AK to unlock tower level 100? I’m at Level 32 with 66 mastered/27 GM’d and already running dry on AK.

I’m at T103 and have 149 Mastered and 80 Grand Mastered (and no Merit Badges).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Klungar posted:

I’m at T103 and have 149 Mastered and 80 Grand Mastered (and no Merit Badges).

Guess I’ve got some more work to do then! Thanks!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Level 90 with 71 and 119

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
T61 with 118/47. Enough AK for 4 more levels. I've been trying to churn through fish with all my large nets but I might have to start using stamina more actively on two-zone masteries soon.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

Just finished corn quandry, so I am growing some corn. Currently the two quests I have the ability to finish are gated on pocket watches to ducks and spiders to cutlass. Working on some t2 masteries (the 100x one) in the mean time. Yay treasure chests and magnifying glasses and such.

Finally got crafting to 85 or whatever so I can make purple purses and red shields. Made around 1k of each. (max inventory is 988.)

I'm sometimes reminded of how slow I go on games. I'm crafting 91 and I have like two GMs.

Finally hit 80 exploring! Spent 300k-ish stamina getting there today. All in WC. Still only one raptor egg.

Someday.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Tower 87 with 157 mastered and 63 GMed. I've mostly been focusing a single GM at a time and knocking out any related 10k masteries at the same time, plus spent most of the past week getting almost every crop to 10k. After I get 900 more leeks I'll be able to go back to fulltime mushroom farming and start working on gems/rings, many of which are in the 50-80k range already.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Tower 105 with 82 GM and 134 mastered.

Now I’m done GMing fish I’m back to hitting PC for loads of cash and I’m not bothering with any more tower floors until I’ve got the 100bn crop row.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Tower 101 with 161 mastered and 77 grand mastered (and 6 MM’d, with the rest of the pirate fish in process)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

T99, 77/142 GM/M, 8 MM.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Went back to Whispering Creek on the weekend and dumped about 1000 more Arnolds into it. I’ve mastered canoes, fancy drums and guitars, grandmastered crossbows and almost red shields. And most importantly I have 151 raptor slots filled, so I just need to hatch the eggs to get my Raptor Trainer badge.

I’m still sitting on way too much resources at the moment from my laziness: 4k cider, 4k arnold, 3.8m stamina.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

DRINK ME posted:

Went back to Whispering Creek on the weekend and dumped about 1000 more Arnolds into it. I’ve mastered canoes, fancy drums and guitars, grandmastered crossbows and almost red shields. And most importantly I have 151 raptor slots filled, so I just need to hatch the eggs to get my Raptor Trainer badge.

I’m still sitting on way too much resources at the moment from my laziness: 4k cider, 4k arnold, 3.8m stamina.

You’re welcome to dump some on me (Ruggan) - trying to get to 99 exploring (95 currently).

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

DRINK ME posted:

Yeah uh, if you need a place to put that stuff "duckbar" is happy to take it, especially arnolds.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Double posting because you're not the boss of me.

I ground out the stupid red dragon to level 6 (2.11bn) over the past week since getting the required levels. I was helped tremendously by borgen having Shine Fish and something else for the collectors quests that gave me a 500m boost, and remembering to look in the bank...where I found 850m silver I forgot about. As of this morning it's bringing me herbs which let me complete Strange Companions II in a less insane amount of stamina, I needed the last like 7 to get to 75.

The good thing is Strange Companions III only needs 250 of them. :shepicide:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Tower 78, 128 mastered, 58 grandmastered.

Slowly working on getting 100. Would probably have done it weeks ago but haven't had much time to devote to the game recently other than logging in and doing dailies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Seaweed for ATI: where do I get it? Literally trawling small island for the rest of my life?