Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Joe Fisto posted:

I think the 4 Horsemen and the blue wizard lady will be a fine collection for me.

I'm grabbing random figures, but the horsemen are a must.

Equaddron and the Panthor tribute I also have, and the new deluxe builders are coming in off preorder.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

They're legit but also lie about inventory sometimes.

Nanigans posted:

I've ordered from them a bunch of times. No issues.

cool, thanks! gonna roll the dice on RG gaogaigar; with shipping it's still way over MSRP but much less than it's getting scalped for on ebay.

there are some p-bandai dragonball figuarts on there (saw Namek Bulma, Androids 17 & 18 ToP versions) for really low prices; I already sold mine but if anybody's looking, they're there!

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Shiroc posted:

I don't want my King Ghidorah anymore, kept both the main and shipper box for it and would be open to working out something for $0 + cost of shipping if you're in the US (where the shipping hopefully wouldn't completely blow up).

if this is an open offer and the op isn't interested, i'm in the us and am definitely down for this

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Shiroc posted:

I don't want my King Ghidorah anymore, kept both the main and shipper box for it and would be open to working out something for $0 + cost of shipping if you're in the US (where the shipping hopefully wouldn't completely blow up).

Wait, just the cost of shipping? I am in the US, so I’d definitely be interested!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wait, just the cost of shipping? I am in the US, so I’d definitely be interested!

yes, I just don't want it anymore because I don't like it enough for how much space it takes up in my apartment. PM me and we can try to figure it out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's a loving great deal. drat Shiroc.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress! Lmao I missed that deal. The Ghidorah has been on my list forever

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I will gladly adopt any more monsters that are just taking up space in the future :eek:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I got a bird

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
If other thread regulars want to get in on the Does Not Spark Joy train, I also have these

and the original figuarts Chibi Moon. All boxless but otherwise complete for a $25 per figure donation to RAINN or an abortion access fund.

e: Black Widows are pending final claim, the Chibi Moon is still available.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 22, 2022

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Shiroc posted:

If other thread regulars want to get in on the Does Not Spark Joy train, I also have these

and the original figuarts Chibi Moon. All boxless but otherwise complete for a $25 per figure donation to RAINN or an abortion access fund.

Pm'ing you.

EDIT:
Donation made!

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 22, 2022

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I got some of those SW microsquadron blind boxes. Ended up with all the Mandolorian characters and a dupe mando. I was not satisfied with their paint, as the scupts are really good.

https://twitter.com/Vapourware/status/1572890732440219648?s=20&t=QMl6q7RlSa8bybcPqbjANA

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Vaporware posted:

I got some of those SW microsquadron blind boxes. Ended up with all the Mandolorian characters and a dupe mando. I was not satisfied with their paint, as the scupts are really good.

https://twitter.com/Vapourware/status/1572890732440219648?s=20&t=QMl6q7RlSa8bybcPqbjANA

Neat! I'm still looking for Jedi Luke and his X-Wing.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Yeah, I saw it once at target and didn't have any money, but never since.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The sculpts on these new micro vehicles are great, but they really should come with stands like the old Action Fleet. I still haven’t figured out how to display the Jedi Starfighter when it’s connected to the hyperdrive ring. It’s so good looking!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
ugh for real. Speaking of the stand, there's a weird sideways peg that I can't figure out on the end. Like it tabs together with the other clear stands, but there isn't a slot and I can't figure it out. The speeders can't stand up on it. It sort of looks like a motorcycle lean, but it's not really convincing.

Maybe I need to look into modeling some improved stands for 3D printing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have to see if we got any in Canada - I am getting cat food this weekend at Wal-Mart, maybe I'll stop in there.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I don’t care about sports figures, but goddamn 50 dollars apiece? Also, gently caress NFTs

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1572936019804098560?s=46&t=QKmxCM2N1uo0NM__Df61IA

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

New Starting Lineup figures look amazing!

https://twitter.com/hasbro/status/1572935229085474819

Edit: lol, drat, not at $50 each they don’t

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Are there rights issues with tattoos? LeBron doesn't look right without them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cloks posted:

Are there rights issues with tattoos? LeBron doesn't look right without them.

Yep!

Take-Two was sued by LeBron's artist for using his tattoos in video games. They ultimately won, but I imagine Hasbro just wants to avoid it entirely.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...2K%20franchise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Why not simply replace the tattoos with images they do have the rights to? They clearly have Lebron's likeness since they're making the toy in the first place, why not just replace all the tattoos with Lebron's face?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
$50 is obscene but I bet along with the NBA license they have to also pay Nike for the swoosh usage. Sports collectors are loving insane and if the card market is any indication, $50 is nothing for those people.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m trying to imagine the kid who wants a Lebron trying to convince his mom to buy it.

At some point Hasbro needs to just come out and say they’re now just in the premium adult collector market.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Kids do like basketball. LeBron still is one of the biggest names in the NBA even if he's getting to the end of his career and there are better performing players now. He also was just in a movie for kids and a game for kids.

Sure these are mostly going to be targeted for collectors but its entirely reasonable a kid might want a decent figure of their favorite guy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’ve raised a boy and no way would I have bought him a 50 dollar basic action figure. Those things end up chewed on, tore up and broken.

That’s just me though.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
girls also like basketball

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiroc posted:

girls also like basketball

I didn’t raise a girl so I can’t speak to the destruction they cause to toys.

treetheheavy
Mar 28, 2005

I will say these hasbro price hikes have killed my enthusiasm for Legends and the like. They're out of impulse territory for me, and I'd rather just spend more for a better figure at this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're not good enough for $30. They were pushing it at $25.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
This is a hundy LeBron figure for comparison https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/122411

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I did not realize when this month began that it would be Slashtember

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They should’ve gone with sports that are cheaper to license. 50 bucks for Stephen Curry is a bit much, but 30 dollars for Geraint Thomas sounds good to me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

I didn’t raise a girl so I can’t speak to the destruction they cause to toys.

My girls don't destroy toys, they accumulate them, and get protective when I say I'm going to donate the toys they don't play with any more. In that way they are very much like me and my collection.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Joe Fisto posted:

I did not realize when this month began that it would be Slashtember

Slash is the only one that is out at BBTS yet. I ordered the entire wave :( better on my wallet, worse on my jealousy!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I wish there were more Splatoon figures other than the only okay looking and mostly out of production Figmas.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

My girls don't destroy toys, they accumulate them, and get protective when I say I'm going to donate the toys they don't play with any more. In that way they are very much like me and my collection.

Kid took after me and thought that a hammer was a fun action figure accessory. I'm glad I never bought him a wood burner like my dad did, there were no melted figures to be seen. (that was the best way to make battle damaged turtles back then)

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Slash is the only one that is out at BBTS yet. I ordered the entire wave :( better on my wallet, worse on my jealousy!

It's so weird that a) wave six is in stock before wave five and 3) its just one figure. Did Super7 just send cases of Slash?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Maybe I’m crazy, but man I was really hoping Starting Lineup would just be a straight revival of the original quasi-statue figures and not Figuarts-level premium figures.

I just want a cheap Altuve or Yao Ming that isn’t a Funko or a Reaction figure.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Kid took after me and thought that a hammer was a fun action figure accessory. I'm glad I never bought him a wood burner like my dad did, there were no melted figures to be seen. (that was the best way to make battle damaged turtles back then)

Both my kids have come up to me and literally said, verbatim, "Dad how can you say anything about our toys when you keep yours in a case all day and don't even play with them?" and it's probably the most owned I've been in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

It's so weird that a) wave six is in stock before wave five and 3) its just one figure. Did Super7 just send cases of Slash?

Surfer Mike where are you I need you