Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Someone needs to check his basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Had to turn it off, it's just the same lies he constantly spouts about how this unprecedented, they gave them everything, nothing was hidden, this is about free speech, he never said Sandy Hook was fake etc etc etc

ViolentQuiche
Jul 17, 2010
"To answer your question...what was your question again?"

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
Really hoping L&C switches back to the courtroom. The only way Alex Jones should be allowed to speak is on condition of legal sanction for not shutting the gently caress up when ordered to.

Edit: hamdulilah

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
That was a satisfying cut.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The way he has talked about Scarlett Lewiss after the TX case is disgusting. I'm glad Law and Crime just did a hard cutaway from him to get back to the courtroom.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is the sound muted for anyone else on L&C?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Yes. No audio.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

SalTheBard posted:

Is the sound muted for anyone else on L&C?

Yeah, it's muted for me as well.

God drat Reuters is still covering Jones bloviate

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
audio!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

crime fighting hog posted:

Kinda surprised he never tried to run for office but when you have a cash cow

Yeah I think Jones was too wacky for politics early on, and then by the time politics caught up to how crazy his bullshit is he was making far, far more than her ever could as a politician. The job is also in a sense more secure in that he didn't have to face elections ever.

I also don't think he necessarily wants "power" in the way that most people who pursue politics do, and while I think he believes a lot of his own crazy bullshit I don't think he believes that only he could fix the legislative issues he believes in. He thinks he's most effective right where he is, helping people see what he sees.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

MrMojok posted:

On the bankruptcy case… holy poo poo, the judge is going to hand InfoWars over to a trustee :roflolmao:

https://twitter.com/nytliz/status/1572380857268314112?s=46&t=kY3YHANXBUvYyKmVXN_nUA

a second perry mason moment has just hit the south tower

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

I clocked it in his speech that at exactly 1:51PM Eastern, Jones made a statement about how he's apologized to the parents.

I'm counting to see how long before he says something directly offensive about the parents or otherwise says something antithetical to that.

He was pushing that line about the TX trial too. Claimed that he'd apologized to the parents and that they'd forgiven him, but that everything was being pushed along by the evil lawyers deceiving and manipulating the parents

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
Norm's cross of Ms. Lafferty begins with him going for the "you want to kill the 2nd amendment, don't you??" tactic

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Playing this clip so many times

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Looks like another immediate sidebar as well based on that, Norm always talks about how he's gonna respect the ruling but it's very clear he doesn't, or at least is very willing to step over the line

EDIT: ANOTHER SIDEBAR! Pattis is just unable to contain himself, Bellis let out a hell of sigh

EDIT2: Oh Bellis is now done, threatening contempt

OneMoreTime fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 21, 2022

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Norn cannot not mention HRC or Bloomberg, it's not possible

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Norm's gettin sassy on sidebar.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

So contempt for the next lawyer who decides to snipe at the other. Let's see who trips up first.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

OneMoreTime posted:

So contempt for the next lawyer who decides to snipe at the other. Let's see who trips up first.

Yeah you could feel the plaintiff attorney go full statue when norm objected the first time after.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Norm's followup is just one, kind of confusing question and I'm guessing because he knows he's on thin ice

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

OneMoreTime posted:

Are plaintiffs attorneys loving up here? I haven't been able to watch the stream today, but I haven't seen them be lovely to Norm.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Mattei just said during sidebar, in a discussion of when stuff is going to be happening, "... I think we'll know more after Mr. Jones tomorrow..."

Sounds like plaintiffs are pretty sure they'll call him tomorrow, if we didn't know that yet

Edit: Well, 17 minutes ago. I'm behind the live feed

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Are plaintiffs attorneys loving up here? I haven't been able to watch the stream today, but I haven't seen them be lovely to Norm.

From what I've seen they've been having the normal reaction anyone would have when exposed to Norm Pattis, nothing egregious.

This seems to me very much like your mom punishing both kids even though the little brother is the only one actually being lovely.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
Everything about this witness' direct examination is absolutely destroying me.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Rampant Dwickery posted:

It really can't be overstated that despite Pattis' incompetence hideous conduct, these testimones are absolutely not funny to watch. It's important to see, to underscore how hideous a person Jones and his supporters are, but a huge trigger warning should be plastered over these testimonies for the victims' reliving the worst days of their lives.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Yeah I'm going to need to tap out when it's time for the cross. This is absolutely heartwrenching.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

They haven't really messed up, but they've sniped at Pattis a few times. It's more a case of the Judge having already dealt with a week of this, and being very much done with ANY sniping. So she just set down the threat of contempt since her other attempts to stop all of this had failed

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

God, when you hear the parents testifying and all the circus of this nonsense fades away its goddamn devastating

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I had wondered how the Super Bowl pic proved anything to these jerks but now I know the context and it absolutely loving sucks.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
gently caress. Her husband committing suicide broke my barriers. There is no level of pain that can be inflicted on Alex Jones that will ever be adequate.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yeah I'm loving out.

I'm gonna go like pet a cat or something.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
Think I just heard in the sidebar that Norm isn't crossing this witness, which may be the smartest thing any of Alex Jones' lawyers has ever done in the process of representing him (if I heard correctly).

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

OneMoreTime posted:

I had wondered how the Super Bowl pic proved anything to these jerks but now I know the context and it absolutely loving sucks.

what in the heck is the super bowl picture?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

ilmucche posted:

There was a picture of the Super Bowl choir, which consisted of children from Sandy Hook, of their performance at the Super Bowl in 2013. That pic was used to prove that the kids who died in Sandy Hook were actually alive, and this was the globalists rubbing it in the public's face that Sandy Hook was a hoax.

In this case, one of the children who died had a reading partner who looked just like her, and she was part of the choir, and that's what crazy people latched onto.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

ilmucche posted:

It's one of the big pieces of "evidence". They claim it's a picture of all the kids who were supposedly killed at Sandy Hook at the superbowl, so the globalists can show that they fooled everyone with their fake mass shooting.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I hope Alex Jones is watching this.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I'm really glad Pattis didn't cross here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I cannot believe he consumes any media not about or addressed to himself.