Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Medullah posted:

Always love this one. Who's the pussies raising kids these days?

That kid's wearing a helmet. What kind of coddled baby bullshit is that? Step your game up, meme maker! Own the libs even harder with the kids whose heads got pulverized without their helmets, like was good and proper! They're not around to gainsay your conviction that it was a good thing they died!

(I had a cousin die real young from the conditions these fuckers lionize as "before the pussies took over." Accidents happen but that one was pure loving carelessness by an adult. So this person can eat my entire rear end.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I grew up in the 80s and we had better cameras than this

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/ChinaMemeVirus1/status/1572664412997124098?t=hQRwaj7__nIvU4NMsG6iiA&s=19

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t know what to do, I have multiple thin blue line flags to jerk but then they want to arrest me?!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Devorum posted:

I saw Raising Arizona for the first time later in '91 and those two films are pretty much why I got a love for movies beyond just watching for popcorn.

Same but for "We're Back!"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
You know, it occurs to me that what this country really REALLY needs is more people walking around with guns. It's the only way to be truly free. I know I never feel more safe than when I'm surrounded by a large group of heavily armed people capable of killing anyone within 50 or 100 feet. What we need to do is make gun carrying 100% mandatory. That way, everyone will be on equal footing.

Unlike a situation where, you know, no one has a gun. And everyone would be on equal footing. But maybe fewer people will die.

Just pass out a firearm any time you enter a school, a movie theater, a bank, board an airplane, get on a bus or catch a train. You could leave them in a bin that you can open by scanning the QRC code on the back of your driver's license that prevents fraud and lets you vote. Kind of like those 3D glasses that get passed out an IMAX.

I believe that the truly visionary fictional character, Archie Bunker put it best when he said this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDb0Dn8OXE

We can't offer healthcare, retirement, affordable housing, serious bank regulations or do poo poo about pollution and climate change but we have lots and lots of guns so let's use what we have and do what we're best at and arm everybody. Then we can build things designed to protect us from all the bullets. And invent weapons that circumvent those protections.

I need to feel safe.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Technically things like affordable housing and banking *have* been addressed with guns before, but not in the way that we typically mean.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

We can't offer healthcare, retirement, affordable housing, serious bank regulations or do poo poo about pollution and climate change but we have lots and lots of guns so let's use what we have and do what we're best at and arm everybody. Then we can build things designed to protect us from all the bullets. And invent weapons that circumvent those protections.

I need to feel safe.

Also as we know, criminals may not respect the law but they respect violence so if everyone is carrying, surely criminals would also not try to arm themselves with more powerful weapons because criminals are actually cowards who respect me, a big stronk man.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://youtu.be/ZxlunxSZ-Yc
New Law Legalizes Brandishing Gun at Head Level
(The Onion)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Medullah posted:

[posts a meme "childhood in the 70's" with a picture of the Vietnam napalm girl]

she's got two children, checkmate pussy :smuggo:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Of course, there's a probability of 1 that the same people who forward that will also forward anything about the latest outrageous and irresponsible TikTak challenge.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Man, my timelines are filled with “rainbow fentanyl” articles and pictures but never any of the actual fentanyl.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Man, my timelines are filled with “rainbow fentanyl” articles and pictures but never any of the actual fentanyl.

Stuff like this makes me thing that when tabs of acid became a thing the "think of the children" levels must have been off the charts

"SEX DEVIANTS are lacing paper with CARTOON CHARACTERS on them with drugs to take advantage of children's overwhelming desire to devour bugs bunny"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I always love those. I've known my fair share of drug addicts and none of them is going to give away their drugs to anyone. Not their friends and certainly not random strangers and kids.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Medullah posted:

I've seen people around my age (38) share poo poo like that, which is just bizarre. We're far too young to get into the Boomer mindset.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I've seen people around my age (38) share poo poo like that, which is just bizarre. We're far too young to get into the Boomer mindset.

I saw people share that stuff when we were 25.

You're never too young to complain about how decadent and weak today's youth have become, even if they're literally just the grade after you in school.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I too long for more child injury and am super let down that my son has only been to the ER twice. Once for a seizure and once for stitches. It'd be so much cooler if his face was constantly hosed up like that picture. Who doesn't love bruised and bloodied children?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm just reminded that Scott "I had to kill my stepson to save him" Adams recently gave a ten point plan on how to stop the fentanyl problem which involved invading Mexico and setting up a US military base there, and then going to war with China.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I keep hearing from the right that fentanyl is being smuggled in droves from Mexico by the unwashed Hispanic rapist immigrant hoards but everything I find on it says it mostly comes in through our ports

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Twelve by Pies posted:

and then going to war with China.
The Reverse Opium War

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm just reminded that Scott "I had to kill my stepson to save him" Adams recently gave a ten point plan on how to stop the fentanyl problem which involved invading Mexico and setting up a US military base there, and then going to war with China.

Not a good strategy. Yes you can trade Mexico their cities back in exchange for their vote for your proposal to ban opiates in the World Congress, but the warmonger penalties you rack up will make it impossible to make deals for anyone else's support.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I keep hearing from the right that fentanyl is being smuggled in droves from Mexico by the unwashed Hispanic rapist immigrant hoards but everything I find on it says it mostly comes in through our ports

Wait, how are they smuggling it (and theoretically touching it) without immediately dying? I was under the impression that even looking at fentanyl was instantly fatal.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Chieves posted:

Wait, how are they smuggling it (and theoretically touching it) without immediately dying? I was under the impression that even looking at fentanyl was instantly fatal.

It's only toxic to virtuous people. That's why police are uniquely susceptible to it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Opiates are pork soluble.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Yeah, while smuggling is a problem the vast majority of fentanyl in the US is legally imported and acquired either through bogus prescriptions or a relative/caregiver skimming legit prescriptions.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I wish comics would hurry up and ruin kids before tiktok , dungeons and dragons, rock, and rap do

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Jagged Jim posted:

Yeah, while smuggling is a problem the vast majority of fentanyl in the US is legally imported and acquired either through bogus prescriptions or a relative/caregiver skimming legit prescriptions.

When my mother was in in-home hospice they gave us an insane number of Fentanyl patches with absolutely no oversight. Just a bag of drugs, a single page of dosing instructions in size 14 font that covered 9 medications, and a "good luck."

To this day I'm pretty convinced that medicare funded hospice gives as much medication as they do with the intent to have families hasten the process.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

PJOmega posted:

To this day I'm pretty convinced that medicare funded hospice gives as much medication as they do with the intent to have families hasten the process.

This is pretty much my understanding and the inferences I've gotten from people who work in hospice. Instead of having someone suffer in their final days, just drug them up and let them fly away in some peace.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

CuddleCryptid posted:

"SEX DEVIANTS are lacing paper with CARTOON CHARACTERS on them with drugs to take advantage of children's overwhelming desire to devour bugs bunny"

Granted, if you gave my son a blotter paper with a cartoon character on it, it would go immediately in his mouth. He's 8 months old, it's what kids do at that age

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Probably because one works and the other doesn't.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I know it's a visual shorthand but christ that original photo. Anorexic people aren't *schizophrenic*, they don't hallucinate that they're obese in the mirror. They can see who they are, their disorder justifies what they are to be still too fat. Also shout out to the poor girl that has to play either side of that photo.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

I know it's a visual shorthand but christ that original photo. Anorexic people aren't *schizophrenic*, they don't hallucinate that they're obese in the mirror. They can see who they are, their disorder justifies what they are to be still too fat. Also shout out to the poor girl that has to play either side of that photo.

It's the same model, that's just what they look like from front and back.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Ah so that's what reddit means by "skinnyfat"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

Uhhhh

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

VitalSigns posted:

Not a good strategy. Yes you can trade Mexico their cities back in exchange for their vote for your proposal to ban opiates in the World Congress, but the warmonger penalties you rack up will make it impossible to make deals for anyone else's support.

funy video game

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Guavanaut posted:

Probably because one works and the other doesn't.

Also a lot of anorexia as I understand has to do with how people see themselves in regards to like, supermodels and actors, and the motives behind it are fairly clear: "I'm too fat." Whereas gender dysphoria, while someone can come to the conclusion "I don't identify with the gender I was assigned at birth" for sure, can be a lot more vague, like just feeling their body is wrong somehow but not fully understanding why. It's not the same kind of thought process.

And of course yes, like you said, there's no real danger to allowing people to change what gender they identify as and it's very rare for it to have any sort of negative effects on their body, whereas allowing someone to live an anorexic lifestyle would absolutely have horrific health outcomes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's probably not exactly the same but I had serious body dysmorphia issues regarding weight throughout my youth and early adulthood. At one point I had dropped to just over 100 lbs (a physically dangerous weight for my height) due to undiagnosed diabetes that I had had for at least 6 months but potentially more than a year. But when I looked in the mirror I could still find love handles and fat gut while my family and friends were deeply concerned for how skeletal I had gotten. I actually remember the original ad campaign that that picture came from (it was an eating disorder awareness campaign), and it did capture exactly how I felt at the time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Professor Beetus posted:

It's probably not exactly the same but I had serious body dysmorphia issues regarding weight throughout my youth and early adulthood. At one point I had dropped to just over 100 lbs (a physically dangerous weight for my height) due to undiagnosed diabetes that I had had for at least 6 months but potentially more than a year. But when I looked in the mirror I could still find love handles and fat gut while my family and friends were deeply concerned for how skeletal I had gotten. I actually remember the original ad campaign that that picture came from (it was an eating disorder awareness campaign), and it did capture exactly how I felt at the time.

Yeah I wasn't quite that bad but I lost a ton of weight in 2004 and in 2006 I was scary skinny (though not skeletal) and I still wouldn't take my shirt off at the beach thanks to my very, very tiny love handles that will never go away, thanks genetics.

Luckily I grew out of that...literally, got fat again. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Medullah posted:

Yeah I wasn't quite that bad but I lost a ton of weight in 2004 and in 2006 I was scary skinny (though not skeletal) and I still wouldn't take my shirt off at the beach thanks to my very, very tiny love handles that will never go away, thanks genetics.

Luckily I grew out of that...literally, got fat again. :D

The other bit is that I went through pretty dramatic weight loss last year when I was going through an unexplained illness (ended up not being able to eat without vomiting for several weeks and lost about 30-40 lbs, had to be hospitalized and put on IV nutrition). And this time I had zero misconceptions about how skinny I had gotten (thankfully I didn't drop nearly as far this time).