Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Pylons posted:

King challenged Sting and Allin to come to the ring. He told them that just because they cut the head off the snake, there is still venom in the fangs.
Is the implication that Black was / is the tail of the snake they cut off? Isn’t the head the important part? Wouldn’t Black have the fangs? Isn’t King the tail? I don’t think this analogy is well thought out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is the implication that Black was / is the tail of the snake they cut off? Isn’t the head the important part? Wouldn’t Black have the fangs? Isn’t King the tail? I don’t think this analogy is well thought out.

Malakai is the head, Brody/Buddy are the fangs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

You can cut the head off but you can still be bit and the venom will still be intact/lethal https://www.nbcnews.com/science/weird-science/severed-snake-heads-can-still-bite-often-do-n190561

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If Black is the head and Brody is the fangs then did they also cut the fangs out of the head and now the fangs are biting independent of the head? How do fangs bite without a head? And is Buddy then necessarily the tail?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Reminds me of HHH's promo about cutting the tail off the dog.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Who's the cloaca?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think PAC's bandages from when he was corrupted and blind?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MorningMoon posted:

I think PAC's bandages from when he was corrupted and blind?
Pretending to be corrupted and blind. The mist only works on humans, not goblins. Pac cut a spooky promo or two from home then revealed he was just a bastard all along

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nobody is a particular body part of the snake. a snake is dangerous even after cutting its head off. you can die from the decapitated head of a snake due to venom, nerves, and the like. imagine the stable as a snake, and that's it. it just says 'snake' on it, and isn't labeled per eyeball or anything like that. it's badly hosed up, but not taken out. move along. edit. well it is taken out, but you don't go trampling on it in celebration and so on. this guy doesn't make any sense when i think about it. nevermind okay? thank you if you don't read any of it.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 15, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXT for the next two weeks:

9/20

Nathan Frazer defeats Axiom in match 2 of a best-of--3 series; series tied at 1-1
Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne) defeat Ivy Nile and Tatum Paxley
The Dyad (Rip Fowler and Jagger Reid) defeat Malik Blade and Edris Enofe
Cora Jade defeats Wendy Choo. Postmatch Lash Legend attacks Choo
Chase University (Andre Chase and Bodhi Hayward) defeat Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams
Von Wagner defeats Sanga
Oro Mensah (aka Oliver Carter from NXTUK) defeats Grayson Waller after distraction from Apollo Crews
JD McDonagh defeats Tyler Bate to be #1 contender to Bron Breakker's NXT title. Postmatch Ilja Dragunov interrupts the staredown and all three look at each other

9/27

Joe Gacy defeats Cameron Grimes
Sol Ruca defeats Amari Miller
Nikkita Lyons defeats Kayden Carter
Dragunov says he never lost the NXTUK title; JD wants credit for giving Dragunov the injury; Bron says he's good at math and has a 33 1/3 chance of retaining at Halloween Havoc
Brutus Creed defeats Damon Kemp by DQ after Kemp uses a chair
Wes Lee defeats Tony D'Angelo via ref stoppage
Mandy Rose defeats Fallon Henley
Dragunov defeats Xyon Quinn
Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen defeat Gallus (Wolfgang and Mark Coffey) in a Pub Rules match

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 16, 2022

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...Did they have Bron do a Steiner Math reference?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

...Did they have Bron do a Steiner Math reference?

He’s already done one at least once before

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Elevation was incredibly short, same as Grand Slam last year. No Captain Insano.

Kip & Penelope vs Skye Blue and Shawn Dean
Ortiz vs Serpentico

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Penguin Patrol posted:

Ortiz vs Serpentico

I read this a triple threat and that it sounded cool as hell

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Julia has a hat too now, this is big

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Julia has a hat too now, this is big

She looks like Stevie Nicks!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yooooooo the Great loving Muta just showed up!!!!!!!!

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Legit just like G1 SuperCard!

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

Holy gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He took a wrong turn while in the process of beating up Kiyomiya for the 40th time, easy mistake to make

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yo what the gently caress is Sammy's new tron

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealSamFines/status/1572794079649439744

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Tall Paul doesn't start working til midnight

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

:sickos:

currently compiling a list of AEW talent under 30 that I think could benefit from a loss to the big man

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This show is going loooooong

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I don't see any spoilers!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ThreeWayDance/status/1572801983396057089

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Big yeehaw

Pretty surprised though; with MJF looming, this felt like the one title defense where Tony's usual go-to strategy of not burning big matches would have been justified. Hopefully it's a sign he's not gonna be too precious about this stuff moving forward

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm hearing Sammy vs Eddie was bad

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

People are leaving while Hobbs and Starks are wrestling. I'm assuming they're all trying to catch the train.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm hearing Sammy vs Eddie was bad

It was good but the finish was lame. Sammy tapped to the stretch plum but Eddie wouldn't release it so the finish was overturned

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Penguin Patrol posted:

It was good but the finish was lame. Sammy tapped to the stretch plum but Eddie wouldn't release it so the finish was overturned

I'll wait to see how it looks on tv but this sounds terrible

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The ole Rock/Shamrock finish

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Results

- Sting and Darby Allin defeated Brody King and Buddy Matthews. The finish had Matthews about to attack Sting with a baseball bat when the lights went out. The Great Muta’s music played as Muta came out and sprayed mist on Matthews. This caused Matthews to bump Julia Hart off the apron and onto a table. Sting pinned Matthews to pick up the win. Sting and Muta hugged after the match.
- Hook and Action Bronson defeated Matt Menard and Angelo Parker. Hook scored the win for his team after applying a double redrum.
- Jade Cargill defeated Diamante (with Trina) to retain the TBS Championship. After the match, Trina turned on Diamante, slapping her and shaking hands with Cargill.
- Samoa Joe & Wardlow defeated Tony Nese & Josh Woods. Joe and Wardlow dominated the match, with Joe pinning Nese. Woods and Nese attacked Joe after the match. Wardlow made the save and also laid out Mark Sterling with two powerbombs after he attempted to interfere. Joe picked Sterling up then threw him into Wardlow, who powerbombed him again.
- Jungle Boy defeated Rey Fenix. After the match, Christian emerged wearing a sling. Luchasaurus then attacked Jungle Boy from behind. Christian told Jungle Boy that Luchasaurus was his right hand of destruction. Luchasaurus then powerbombed Jungle Boy.
- A backstage segment with the Jericho Appreciation Society revealed there will be an appreciation event held on next week’s Dynamite.
- Sammy Guevara defeated Eddie kingston. Guevara cut a promo before the match saying he’s sorry...sorry he didn’t call Kingston “a fat piece of s***” sooner. Kingston hit Guevara with three back fists, then submitted Guevara for the win. However, he refused to let go of the hold, so the referee overturned the match. Kingston ended up destroying security after that decision.
- Hangman Page won the Golden Ticket Battle Royal. Page will get the title shot on the October 18 edition of Dynamite, which will air on a Tuesday. Other participants included Rush, The Butcher, The Blade, Dark Order, Private Party, Danhausen, Dante Martin, Penta El 0 M, Brian Cage, Ari Daivari, Lance Archer, Daniel Garcia, Cole Carter, Best Friends, Jake Hager, Dalton Castle, Lee Moriarty, Matt Hardy, and Jay Lethal. Page last eliminated Rush to pick up the win.
- Ricky Starks defeated Powerhouse Hobbs in a Lights Out match. Starks speared Hobbs through a table before laying out Hobbs with his finisher for the win.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That Eddie/Sammy finish sounds powerfully stupid. I missed that Starks/Hobbs was a lights out match. Hope that means Hobbs makes a push toward one of the titles despite eating a (now off-the-record) loss

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Penguin Patrol posted:

Elevation was incredibly short, same as Grand Slam last year. No Captain Insano.

Ortiz vs Serpentico

After watching Paul Wight shamble out, I have doubts about when we'll see Captain Insano.

The finish to the Sammy/Eddie match worked for me, watching Tay drag a barely alive Sammy up the ramp celebrating while Eddie killed security was really funny. Actually, I thought the whole match was a hoot. Tay and Sammy are loving hilarious and Sammy's new tron is fantastic.

I ran out of there right after the battle royal, was the lights out match any good?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'll be honest I was wondering if Mutoh's retirement tour would loop back round to Sting.

Smart move would be to bring in someone who can actually go to match up with Darby and make it a tag.

Smarter move would be to not make this Nosawa.(Marufuji would be fun, or a really good junior like Harada)

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Hell yeah, Muta should beat Darby.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I had to leave before the Lights Out match too but Rampage kicked rear end even though the battle royal was pretty slow until the end. Sting match was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021
Lights Out match was fine, probably about ***-ish. Some stiff charishots and Hobbs tore a piece off the entrance tunnel to use as a weapon, that was cool, and then TK came out and started screaming like a complete maniac as everyone ran for the exits because it was after 12:30am at this point. Seriously I hope there's video because I was leaving so I don't know what he said but he was in rare form.