Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

fridge corn posted:

Hey! That's not fair! Apologise to Cyan immediately

I will not. Edward-rear end character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

mutata posted:

It will be at least another full console generation before any AA or AAA devs release a tentpole game that requires ray tracing. Possibly 2.

There aren't enough RT cores on either the Failstation or the Drecks-box to do full ray-tracing and most gamers have decided they don't really care beyond having some nicer-looking reflections and actual mirrors.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

I just sent him down Auron's path because Auron is the best fighter so then you have a 2nd Auron :shrug:

One auron and one diet auron

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

FirstAidKite posted:

Does 14 have a berserker job?

Warrior has some elements of berserker but not the whole "completely lose control of your character" thing. You do fight a full on lion skin wearing zerk in one of the dungeons though

Jay Rust posted:

Its not shameful to be a diet auron

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Ah yes, the Talisman o' Namsilat.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Is demand still hosed because of crypto

no, they overproduced due to panicking during covid and expecting crypto demand to stay, theres currently a huge number of 3000 serioes cards in stock w the new series launching, the prices have already come down and will probably start getting way lower as places try to dump all the extra stock lying aorund.

stev posted:

The fact that any graphics card costs more than the current most powerful console is mindblowing to me.

i got mine after prices went back to normal for much less than a ps5 currently costs, and it runs games better lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Auron and No Hornon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux posted:

i got mine after prices went back to normal for much less than a ps5 currently costs, and it runs games better lol

Okay but youre missing out on the Ps5 exclusive(s) :smug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

There aren't enough RT cores on either the Failstation or the Drecks-box to do full ray-tracing and most gamers have decided they don't really care beyond having some nicer-looking reflections and actual mirrors.

There aren't enough cores for a full scene generated with only traced rays, but there are enough cores for a game to use them for effects here and there and not bother to implement non-raytraced equivalents or the ability to turn them off

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Stux posted:

What’d you get? I was thinking of selling my PS5 and buying a GPU with the money. Haven’t turned it on since they put out that mediocre version of Ape Escape

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

i think I have a 3060Ti but this is my entire steam library idk if I'm PC gaming correctly

you have a ways to go to catch me. i have a modest 1902 games on steam, of which i've beaten/finished 1317. time for you to start buying a bunch of bundles!

seriously though your list is solid. a good mix of good games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

What’d you get? I was thinking of selling my PS5 and buying a GPU with the money. Haven’t turned it on since they put out that mediocre version of Ape Escape

i went for a 3060ti but probably u would be able to get a 3070 instead with the prices coming down even more. def a time to wait and see what happens a little bit currently

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

i think I have a 3060Ti but this is my entire steam library idk if I'm PC gaming correctly

and I bet Planet Zoo still runs poorly.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Help Im Alive posted:

I have a 3060 and it pretty much runs everything I'd like to play just fine.

However I regret to inform you that due to your lack of mapgames you are not a true PC Gamer.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

God drat Baba is You is a perfect game. I am slowly chipping my way through the secret levels, doing my best to avoid spoilers and making ample use of Baba is Hint. I just keep finding more and it keeps being more insane and awesome. Talk about a game that teaches you to master its systems and then forces you to use that mastery... and every new system feels new and fresh and necessary. loving awesome. GOTY.

Goon who recommended Patrick's Parabox like 500 posts ago: I've got that on my wishlist now, once I'm done with Baba, that's next for sure.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The kimahri sucks meme is extremely overstated imo. He's difficult to build which isn't the same. But especially in the original sphere grid he has a great niche as your earliest acces to steal and use, and continues to be relevant as a combined backup rikku/backup auron all the way through endgame

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Reminder that you can press L and bring out the real auron whenever you want

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Reminder that you can press L and bring out the real auron whenever you want

What if he's already out

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bring out tidus to haste the real auron

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Bring out tidus to haste the real auron

What if Tidus has already caste Hastega on Auron and Kimahri? :smug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
kimahri also ends up being very important in NSG runs because his overdrive has AoE instant kills for the forced random encounters, but that's not really relevant for normal play

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyway I would recommend the "everyone gets xp" mod to anyone, it's the correct way to play

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Oh nice, World of Horror has compatibility with Macs now.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i will always appreciate Kimahri for being the progenitor of the hrothgar in FF14, thanks to him i get to play as my very handsome boy

also you can roleplay a beserker if you want

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Kimahri is useful!

in a gacha game circa 2 years ago because he was a free unit with AOE Blink who is now completely irrelevant. Isn't it sad, Kimahri?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing Klonoa Phantasy Reverie for the first time. I really hate these bosses, but the rest of the game is really good.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm playing Roadwarden

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1572372646012260353

trombone game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the rise of the trombone game genre is long overdue

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Welcome to the ska-volution

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Welcome to the ska-volution

:sickos:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ska sucks

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

ska revival isn't cool you stupid fucks

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

ska ... isn't cool

i know

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm crying. Thank you for this wonderful gift.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8IfGXhghs

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jS3YcEqva8

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 22, 2022

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

No need to have a GOTY thread this year. Nothing can touch this.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ska... stux??