Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

Correct. They never went back and gave Klee a real 5* weapon the way they did for Childe. Claymore is kind of in a similar spot but serpent spine is honorary 5 star so it's fine. Truthfully homa isn't as universally good as it's made out to be either, it just was really above the curve in 1.3 as a crit substat 5 star with a passive that did anything.

For claymores I feel like the Redhorn Stonethresher seems like a very good "you can put this on any claymore DPS and it'll be really strong" weapon, just because of its titanic crit damage stat and a passive that boils down to "have some more damage unconditionally"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As someone that went hard on mistsplitter, never pull on a weapon bannrr ever

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The homing attack from Skyward Atlas is really funny when it chases down random wildlife and a piece of chicken falls from the sky or shoots off trying to track down Andrius during his run phase.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

MoonCrab posted:

drat, found an entire underground area that I missed with a whole dream boss fight thing and an achievement and everything, and yet it had nothing to do with any aranyaka chapter whatsoever :(

For the sake of my sanity I am allowing myself a single hint. Does any aranyaka chapter require something to be done at a specific time of day?

Not to the best of my recollection, outside of times where you maybe get an explicit "wait til morning (8:00-12:00) the next day" quest objective.

Honestly, just look it up. Theres at least a couple of steps that you'll never puzzle out because there are literally no clues to tell you what to do, and it might take literal years for you to randomly blunder into. Out of respect for your insane decision, I'm not going to mention any solutions, but I am going to mention (under spoiler tags) the particular clues that made me go "How the gently caress was I supposed to know that?" when I looked up the answers.

A certain someone might like to see this and return to the start. I think there was a third one, but those two stuck out as some primo bullshit with no real way of working it out, short of scouring huge portions of sumeru manually, and in one case after doing something extremely specific I wouldnt have thought to do first.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Lost Prayer would be fantastic if it didn't require an obscene amount of on-field time to get the maximum passive boost (16s by the way). All the 5* Catalysts are like that where they *would* be great but they just have some super awkward thing going on either with the passive being wonky or having a not great substat.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Lost Prayer works great on Heizou because you want him onfield applying DPS for a pretty decent length of time.

Also on Klee since she really likes the movment speed, and you're losing damage if you swap out during her burst which is like 10 seconds + startup animation.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
How does Everlasting Moonglow's NA buff even work? Based on the wording ("Normal Attack DMG is increased by 1% of the Max HP of the character equipping this weapon"), I would assume it takes a percentage of max HP and turns it into +x% DMG like with Kazuha's EM, but 1% of say 30k HP would be +300% and ridiculous. It clearly it doesn't work that way, and based on the calculator I used, it's not much better than Prototype Amber.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I think it's a flat bonus, though I have no idea how that factors in before/after other buffs and calculations.

So in the example of 30k Max HP you'd get 300 damage to your NAs.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Harrow posted:

For claymores I feel like the Redhorn Stonethresher seems like a very good "you can put this on any claymore DPS and it'll be really strong" weapon, just because of its titanic crit damage stat and a passive that boils down to "have some more damage unconditionally"

Same deal as Homa, really.
It's actually diluc's best-in-slot assuming he has Bennett's buff.

gandlethorpe posted:

How does Everlasting Moonglow's NA buff even work? Based on the wording ("Normal Attack DMG is increased by 1% of the Max HP of the character equipping this weapon"), I would assume it takes a percentage of max HP and turns it into +x% DMG like with Kazuha's EM, but 1% of say 30k HP would be +300% and ridiculous. It clearly it doesn't work that way, and based on the calculator I used, it's not much better than Prototype Amber.

Does it not just add flat damage like Yun Jin / Shenhe? That's how I read it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

You can think of it as just adding another 1% to kokomi's hp talent scaling under burst. So it's a 12% or so DPS increase.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 21, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes but consider that Moonglow matches her outfit and that is what is important.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I don't know what I'm missing, but I can't figure out what this one is supposed to do or what the next step is supposed to be. I've hit it multiple times now and run around looking for any other dendro thingies (I don't even know what they're called) and can't find anything.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Garrand posted:

I don't know what I'm missing, but I can't figure out what this one is supposed to do or what the next step is supposed to be. I've hit it multiple times now and run around looking for any other dendro thingies (I don't even know what they're called) and can't find anything.

I think that one's just bugged and resets when it shouldn't?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, I've had a couple of those target dealies seemingly reset, but nothing for reactivating them.

Another weird thing I've noticed in Sumeru is a brief green sparkle animation on my character that triggers in certain areas. I can make it come back by moving around the same spot, but I haven't found any indication that there's some special reason for it like a treasure to find.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, I've had a couple of those target dealies seemingly reset, but nothing for reactivating them.

Another weird thing I've noticed in Sumeru is a brief green sparkle animation on my character that triggers in certain areas. I can make it come back by moving around the same spot, but I haven't found any indication that there's some special reason for it like a treasure to find.

I think it might be the VFX for leaving a withering zone, just playing at an inappropriate time?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Glazius posted:

I think that one's just bugged and resets when it shouldn't?

That would make sense. I don't remember getting that one but there's been a million and I found it recently after finding some other stuff in the area I had missed so just assumed I hadn't gotten it yet.

Would go along with that stupid seelie in the cage I spent like 30 minutes trying to figure out how to free, only to learn when I logged back in the cage was just bugged and the prompt wasn't showing until I had quit and logged in again.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, logging in and out has solved some bugged quest stuff for me also, and not just in sumeru.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

SiKboy posted:

Not to the best of my recollection, outside of times where you maybe get an explicit "wait til morning (8:00-12:00) the next day" quest objective.

Honestly, just look it up. Theres at least a couple of steps that you'll never puzzle out because there are literally no clues to tell you what to do, and it might take literal years for you to randomly blunder into. Out of respect for your insane decision, I'm not going to mention any solutions, but I am going to mention (under spoiler tags) the particular clues that made me go "How the gently caress was I supposed to know that?" when I looked up the answers.

A certain someone might like to see this and return to the start. I think there was a third one, but those two stuck out as some primo bullshit with no real way of working it out, short of scouring huge portions of sumeru manually, and in one case after doing something extremely specific I wouldnt have thought to do first.

Oh my god you can click on the pages to get clues.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

MoonCrab posted:

drat, found an entire underground area that I missed with a whole dream boss fight thing and an achievement and everything, and yet it had nothing to do with any aranyaka chapter whatsoever :(

For the sake of my sanity I am allowing myself a single hint. Does any aranyaka chapter require something to be done at a specific time of day?
Some steps require waiting for the daily reset.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hi, I am a dimension hopping god, and from this point forward a baby will handle all my speaking for me.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

e: I'm a silly baby and posted Splatoon in the wrong thread ignore me.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 22, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Hi, I am a dimension hopping god, and from this point forward a baby will handle all my speaking for me.

Paimon loves to talk, so I'd do the same in their position.

Not wrong, but wrong thread.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh jesus christ I've never wrong threaded before.

:negative:

So uh.... Inazuma is kinda like Lord of the Flies maybe? There's no salvaging this.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, I've been seeing that. Seems to happen a lot in Sumeru city.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Exceptions may be made for muttering to myself upon opening a treasure chest.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Break out your lyre?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bNgDa4nApQ

Cyno teaser's here :toot:

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016

Infinity Gaia posted:

I mean I know everyone needs their own weapon I just get a free box that gives me one of these three specifically which is why I was asking.

Yeah this helps. It's a shame Void is so powercrept, I find her really satisfying to play with the *snap* when going Herrscher mode. Plus she's been carrying me in the roguelike mode. I ain't pulling for Elysia even if she is apparently mega OP, her whole ultra pink mermaid thing is not my deal.

If it's any consolation HoV got a second chance being an absolute wrecking ball of snapping destruction in elysian realm.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
To further be weird about Honkai's economy, you are literally incentivized to stay at level 3 of 5 of the bi-weekly abyss challenge, because level 4 is like three times more stats, and not finishing it reduces your income further than just barely doing the minimum at level 3.

So like there's even less actual reason to "whale and get gear" if your goal is to optimize income.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started playing this game today. I'm addicted to playing Amber, help.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Don't worry, there's a second Amber later on. She's grass flavoured.

And Ambers of all stripes in the gacha. By which I mean archers I guess. If archin's your thing we've got an archin' archon lined up for a rerun soon.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I think there's only a few days left to get green Amber for free. Just walk waaaaaaaaaay to the southwest. Should be doable on a new account, just don't try fighting anything.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm still AR 12, this is one hell of a prologue.

As of right now this is my Genshin experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhrNIipkvLU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Maxwell Adams posted:

I think there's only a few days left to get green Amber for free. Just walk waaaaaaaaaay to the southwest. Should be doable on a new account, just don't try fighting anything.

they confirmed she's going to be given out in abyss like xiangling is if memory serves

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

yeah but hey may as well get the free c1 while you can.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Future Ganyu player spotted. You also picked the non-cute traveler

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mix. posted:

they confirmed she's going to be given out in abyss like xiangling is if memory serves

The free Xiangling won't go away, will she?

Also, did not expect to see a torture scene. Granted it was on one of those rear end in a top hat Abyss Mages but still.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don’t think so. It’d be scandalous if she did; she’s a huge upgrade to your roster.

That scene is just to cement that Diluc is a bad boy who doesn’t play by the rules.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Future Ganyu player spotted. You also picked the non-cute traveler

I've been told to just get her as soon as possible, c/d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Xiao mains about to have an identity crisis.

Also I recommend reading the video description, it's exactly in character for the type of dry joke Cyno would work really hard on to no avail it's great.

"There is a story circulating among the researchers of the Akademiya:
Once, a researcher who ran afoul of the Akademiya fled into the desert and fell into a deep sand pit because he was unfamiliar with the harsh environment.
Thirsty and exhausted, he prayed for a noble savior to save him from his predicament.
So, the General Mahamatra who has been tracking him responded to his wish.
Both sides got what they wanted, what a wonderful story."