Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm glad he stopped while it was still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I guess Demi Adejuyigbe wasn’t kidding when he said the 2021 video would be his last

Far better for him to quit while it's still good, like Calvin and Hobbes, than drag it out until the concept is a rotting corpse that everyone hates, like The Simpsons.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Better 2021 than moving to a country that uses a slightly superior date format and continuing to make them until 2109.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:shobon:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The Anime Liker posted:

You can cancel Marvin but you can't cancel Killdozer

It's this.

Therry

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

We have a 2022 GR86 getting an engine rebuild at my dealership for this exact reason. Big ol' moneyshift.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

see also: 2->3->2 under hard acceleration

this seems to be the only version of this downfall edit i could find, doesnt seem to be embeddable :rip: f20c

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

see also: 2->3->2 under hard acceleration

Once I meant to downshift from 5th to 3rd and hit 1st. This was after having driven that specific car for 2+ years, so not even a rookie move. Still hurts to think about

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

XIII posted:

Once I meant to downshift from 5th to 3rd and hit 1st. This was after having driven that specific car for 2+ years, so not even a rookie move. Still hurts to think about

that's damned near impossible on most cars cause there's a gate that prevents going into first above like 5mph

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You should investigate these things cashed automatic transmissions. They change the gears for you, makes driving much easier.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

bike tory posted:

You should investigate these things cashed automatic transmissions. They change the gears for you, makes driving much easier.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

that's damned near impossible on most cars cause there's a gate that prevents going into first above like 5mph

It was a first gen Eclipse that already had transmission problems from my brother learning to drive stick on it, so I guess I just got (un)lucky. It also couldn't shift into first if you were at a dead stop, so I would either have to put it in gear as I rolled to a stop and just hold the clutch in through the stoplight or take off from second.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Can't hear you over the sound of my clutch squealing :smug:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So are cvts automatic or manual?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ikanreed posted:

So are cvts automatic or manual?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

I like to eat while driving, which one is that?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

almost that time of year

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

My car friends appreciate it.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

FEMA summer camp posted:

I like to eat while driving, which one is that?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Then what? Tell me, then what?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Then what? Tell me, then what?

Interesting question! shut up

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
9/21 NEVER FORGET

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

teen witch posted:

9/21 NEVER FORGET

9th of Novemvigintober?

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

marshmallow creep posted:

9th of Novemvigintober?

Never forget the entire 9th month of 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

drunk mutt posted:

Never forget the entire 9th month of 2021

It should be cherished as a memorial to the time Demi put the bit to rest.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a quick question for everybody this sweltering thermatember evening-- you know those memes where they present an innocuous-sounding statement but suggest search terms giving radically different results than what the statement is about?

E.g. "Did you know sega almost tanked the world economy in the 1990s? Google Sonic inflation for more information"

Yeah, what do you call those? I'm looking to collect them and didn't know if there was already commonly accepted designation for them.

That, and "trap memes" gives me wildly different results.

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Sep 22, 2022

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I have a quick question for everybody this sweltering thermatember evening-- you know those memes where they present an innocuous-sounding statement but suggest search terms giving radically different results than what the statement is about?

E.g. "Did you know sega almost tanked the world economy in the 1990s? Google Sonic inflation for more information"

Yeah, what do you call those? I'm looking to collect them and didn't know if there was already commonly accepted designation for them.

hoisted by your own petard

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Honestly it looks like not visiting PA is the issue here.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I do not know either but I want to know because "obama 90%" and "ruth bader ginsburg race" get me every time

akiyba
Jan 28, 2009

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Untrustable posted:

Honestly it looks like not visiting PA is the issue here.

You're almost caught up with the thread, keep going!

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7-zZXquiYM

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Armitag3 posted:

hoisted by your own petard

lemme make sure i have an understanding here-- someone ends up finding something they like but not what they expected. that's a form of comedic irony, right?

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I was very confused by this until I realized it's not talking about literal snakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I do not know either but I want to know because "obama 90%" and "ruth bader ginsburg race" get me every time

hell, my newest favorite of those was a list of resources to help the women in your life who have been affected by the assassination of former japanese PM shinzo abe. for more information, consult your seach engine of choice for 'shinzo abe comfort women'