Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Spelunky 2 now crossplay on everything

https://twitter.com/mossmouth/status/1571942171191939072?cxt=HHwWgMDQlfDE1NArAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Brightman posted:

I'm not aware of anything that has the eye tracking built in yet, at least not anything affordable. That enables foveated rendering which is a big deal, only the poo poo you're actually looking at will be max settings so you can save on resources, assuming it works well and isn't like how LOD is in existing games. Should be a big jump in image quality.

Yeah that plus the high res display should make for a very sharp image. They specifically call out the quality of detail in distant objects. Dude mentions seeing a distant waterfall in the Horizon game and being wowed by its clarity

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

More Take Two hacking, this time a 2K support vendor, email scam ahoy

https://twitter.com/2KSupport/status/1572320721333796865

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1572438858989731843?s=20&t=rdU1shUudXYy5kKbv5h9kA

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hopefully that means the Bloober Team rumors were fake too

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m digging Hardspace shipbreaker. Although I’m an absolute fuckin but of a space science nerd so that is a source of bias. But it is very relaxing, while having just enough “tension” mechanics to keep it dynamic and interesting. When the ~15:00 day time limit started, at first I was a bit worried that would turn me off. But I realized that during the tutorial missions I was just spending a ton of time dismantling an entire ship without any thought at all and was feeling a bit bored of a future doing that over and over. The time limit forces me to make choices. I have to make enough money per day to make ends meet, which means I have to go into every ship with a plan of what to yank out and salvage when, and then do that sort of quick like to get it all in. It’s totally great and not actually stressful one bit since every ship has a lot of ways to approach their tear downs.

Wish the haptics were better. It’s basically just vibrate on/off. Absolutely loving my scuf controller with paddles though it makes the Newtonian navigation model a cinch. Game is gorgeous and has a great great atmosphere to it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lmao i watched some of his stuff for sifu and other gameplay. does that mean the infamous silent hill pic of the girl with I HATE MYSELF tattooed on her forehead is faked?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

clout chasing is mental illness

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m digging Hardspace shipbreaker. Although I’m an absolute fuckin but of a space science nerd so that is a source of bias. But it is very relaxing, while having just enough “tension” mechanics to keep it dynamic and interesting. When the ~15:00 day time limit started, at first I was a bit worried that would turn me off. But I realized that during the tutorial missions I was just spending a ton of time dismantling an entire ship without any thought at all and was feeling a bit bored of a future doing that over and over. The time limit forces me to make choices. I have to make enough money per day to make ends meet, which means I have to go into every ship with a plan of what to yank out and salvage when, and then do that sort of quick like to get it all in. It’s totally great and not actually stressful one bit since every ship has a lot of ways to approach their tear downs.

Wish the haptics were better. It’s basically just vibrate on/off. Absolutely loving my scuf controller with paddles though it makes the Newtonian navigation model a cinch. Game is gorgeous and has a great great atmosphere to it.

Hardspace rules so much. Great music, great physics, great atmosphere, awesome meta-plot angle.

Shipbreakers Unite!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

is there a psvr2 thread yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5L9Mvh7tAk

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I posted about looking forward to it a ton so obviously I played a lot of hardspace tonight!
It's great. Nice to see how far it's come.

They have also managed what no developer has done before and make a unity game run smooth on a console.

I also glanced at the multiplayer mode, quite like the look of how they handled that. Score attack on the most complex ships with the ship changing each week. Wild the leaderboard currently doesn't even have 100 people on it yet, but I guess the only people who can make a dent in a ship that size by now have played to endgame on PC already.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

I posted about looking forward to it a ton so obviously I played a lot of hardspace tonight!
It's great. Nice to see how far it's come.

They have also managed what no developer has done before and make a unity game run smooth on a console.

I also glanced at the multiplayer mode, quite like the look of how they handled that. Score attack on the most complex ships with the ship changing each week. Wild the leaderboard currently doesn't even have 100 people on it yet, but I guess the only people who can make a dent in a ship that size by now have played to endgame on PC already.

Oh wow, I gotta try the weekly stuff, this game might be dangerous for me

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Arist posted:

I don't really understand why you post every Skill Up video with no additional commentary in here. Not trying to be rude, it's just a little weird to me.

Keeping up to date on the weeks events

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Arist posted:

Hopefully that means the Bloober Team rumors were fake too

He didnt leak those, he was a recent leaker going off pass leaks to further boost his clout poo poo

The 3.5 silent hills are very real and they are coming, one from blooper.

Also reminder that blooper already officially announced a konami partnership so lol

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 22, 2022

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

lmao i watched some of his stuff for sifu and other gameplay. does that mean the infamous silent hill pic of the girl with I HATE MYSELF tattooed on her forehead is faked?

No thats real lmao. Thats from the "pt style demo" the .5 of the 3.5 sh games coming. (Not blooper, sh5 and the demo are coming from an unknown jp studio)

Therealinsider aka dan allen only appeared in the last two weeks, his one big hit was the next AC game which he got right because we now know he broke an nda and decided he wanted to be a big insider clouter or some dumbshit then decided to start teasing older leaks that had already leaked for more clout boosting but hosed up by not switching accounts in the heat of posting.

People are confusing this dude with thesnitch and others. He was just piggybacking after the ac stuff.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 22, 2022

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Blind Rasputin posted:

Do you think it would make a good podcast-listening game? I just finished up Powerwasher Simulator and it was the perfect game for chilling out and playing before bed while listening to podcasts. Looking for something else to scratch that itch. Also I’m a space nerd so it has that angle for me too.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

He didnt leak those, he was a recent leaker going off pass leaks to further boost his clout poo poo

He was just a normal dude who sold out his own low-tier pre-street date access for clicks. Mercilessly executed by Jason Schrier. He made up a pseudonym on twitter and forgot to log off.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Do you think it would make a good podcast-listening game? I just finished up Powerwasher Simulator and it was the perfect game for chilling out and playing before bed while listening to podcasts. Looking for something else to scratch that itch. Also I’m a space nerd so it has that angle for me too.

It's seriously one of the best podcast games I've ever played. I usually pause whatever podcast to pay attention to the story if it's happening because it's really interesting and subtle, but story is mostly between missions. The rest of the time it's just you and space and chill tunes and sudden explosive decompression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vOja57Op30

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As far as VR headsets go. PSVR 2 is basically everything I'd want in one atm. Obviously I cannot say for sure until I can try one out for myself, but I think games are going to look and play bonkers good on this thing. It's not going to feel like a slight upgrade from PSVR 1, it's going to feel like a multi generational jump. Although a lot of the features are already available on other HMDs, PSVR 2 sounds like it's got everything it needs to be a really impressive experience along with even more bells and whistles, and I'm probably going to be hype as hell come launch time.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Thinkin bout being Hard in space now :prepop:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The real gamble is going to be whether or not Sony provides compelling software support over it's lifespan. PSVR1 could have been much worse but ultimately I think it was a bit lackluster. If nothing else a million third party games will be released on it and and at least a percentage of them will be good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aipsh posted:

Thinkin bout being Hard in space now :prepop:

i might post this clip of me trying to salvage a nuclear core and right as i throw it i experience a huge random power surge in my grapple gun, scared the living poo poo out of me

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

As far as VR headsets go. PSVR 2 is basically everything I'd want in one atm. Obviously I cannot say for sure until I can try one out for myself, but I think games are going to look and play bonkers good on this thing. It's not going to feel like a slight upgrade from PSVR 1, it's going to feel like a multi generational jump. Although a lot of the features are already available on other HMDs, PSVR 2 sounds like it's got everything it needs to be a really impressive experience along with even more bells and whistles, and I'm probably going to be hype as hell come launch time.

It's going to be loving great! I can't wait!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fix posted:

He was just a normal dude who sold out his own low-tier pre-street date access for clicks. Mercilessly executed by Jason Schrier. He made up a pseudonym on twitter and forgot to log off.

He had a yt gaming channel, he was not "normal"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's seriously one of the best podcast games I've ever played. I usually pause whatever podcast to pay attention to the story if it's happening because it's really interesting and subtle, but story is mostly between missions. The rest of the time it's just you and space and chill tunes and sudden explosive decompression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vOja57Op30

Sounds really good!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

:laugh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Vikar Jerome posted:

at least it wasn’t twitch

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

a life spent posting white noise has refined qop's gaming palate beyond all mortal concern :lofty:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

e: not funny I’m smoked too much oops.

i got paid the day after Divinity Original Sin 2 went off sale! Woe!

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Sep 22, 2022

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Really looking forward to replacing my OG Quest with PSVR2. I'm easily impressed by pretty things so I'm very excited for the HZD thing even if it's probably just gonna be a very short tech demoish thing.

As long as this thing can play Ragnarock I'm gonna get my money's worth out of it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the one vr game I wanted to try for the ps4 was Astrobot and RE7 but I’m fairly sure that playing RE7 or any horror game in vr would make me barf and cry

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the one vr game I wanted to try for the ps4 was Astrobot and RE7 but I’m fairly sure that playing RE7 or any horror game in vr would make me barf and cry

people love RE7 in VR but I hated it, its a step down in visual quality and it just made me feel really uncomfortable and unwelcome in a way I wasn't ok with

Astrobot is pure joy though, I mean literal eyes wide open joy I hadn't experience playing a videogame since I was a child

something about VR Tetris Effect was really cool

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
I really hope they'll make a new Astrobot. The first one is IMO the best VR game ever made. It's just absolute fun.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

veni veni veni posted:

I reeeallllyyy hope it's PC compatible. I know the OG PSVR is if you faff around with 3rd party drivers, but I've finally, for the first time in my life, got a gaming PC, and I would love this to be a plug-and-play kinda deal. It's probably extremely unlikely for Reasons, but a boy can dream.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Astro Bot Rescue Mission is absolutely fantastic, a real top-tier platformer that becomes iconic with the incredible use of VR

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tonight was all about Breakin in zero g, but tomorrow night it's back to Wildin in zero g :hb:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Astro bot who lives inside your ps5 and let you visit and see whats inside your ps5, was the best astrobot game

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Tonight was all about Breakin in zero g, but tomorrow night it's back to Wildin in zero g :hb:

Playing all these space games you're gonna get the rules specific to outer wilds mixed up, like the few rules regarding the quantum mechanics that only apply to outer wilds!!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
realtalk I judge people who post that outer wilds has bad spaceship controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it’s a legit scrub opinion. and the crashing is fun anyway