Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Live shows have gotten a lot better now that they pre-screen questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Piell posted:

Live shows have gotten a lot better now that they pre-screen questions

Also I think they are just happy as hell to be doing live shows again

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

Never heard of a Himalayan restaurant before. What kind of food do they serve?

Momo dumplings, chowmein, lots of typical Indian things.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8&t=128s

he's clearly saying "I ice my chance lance" (he is not)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The World Inferno posted:

I swore off seeing another TAZ live show, but drat if that'd make me reconsider that.

They are good shows, but it gets grating having an audience that primed to laugh and holler at *every* breath. Fine that that's their jam, but it's like watching a Football game where someone is treating every play, regardless of the play, like a touchdown. A bit much.

ango

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Momo dumplings, chowmein, lots of typical Indian things.

I'd love to try that cuisine some day.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

ango

I'd love to try that cuisine some day.

it's good, and it's not as uncommon as you'd think. I had some drat good momos in suburban Columbus. Keep an eye out for Nepali restaurants, or sometimes they'll call it an Indian restaurant but the name is like 'Everest' and they have momos on the menu.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the impression I got was that it wasn't Dadlands 2 so much as Dadlands 2e

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pham Nuwen posted:

it's good, and it's not as uncommon as you'd think. I had some drat good momos in suburban Columbus. Keep an eye out for Nepali restaurants, or sometimes they'll call it an Indian restaurant but the name is like 'Everest' and they have momos on the menu.

this. I think in like 20 Nepali restaurants I’ve been aware of only like 1 or 2 aren’t also largely Indian restaurants

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Empty Sandwich posted:

the impression I got was that it wasn't Dadlands 2 so much as Dadlands 2e

“Taako?”
“No, THAC0.“

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

❓❓❓❓❓

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Not this again

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

its him hyping up a friend who posted a selfie. it's cringe but harmless

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wizard Master posted:

❓❓❓❓❓

Ladies and gentlemen

We got him. Again.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Pham Nuwen posted:

Was it Momo Ghar in North Market? That stuff is gooood

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Four posts itt and they're all lame bait. Sad, Wizard Master.

I know :qq:. Legit happy for those who are hooting and hollering, but it's just a bit much for my delicate sensibilities.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Good Listener posted:

Was it Momo Ghar in North Market? That stuff is gooood

No it was a place named Everest in Worthington. Looks like it was maybe a Mexican restaurant originally. We went with some Nepali friends.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Wizard Master posted:

❓❓❓❓❓

I'd like to see ol Travis McElroy wriggle his way out of THIS jam!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No joke I've been enjoying their dumb fortnite streams. It's hitting the right level of stupid from the three brothers.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Shinjobi posted:

Ladies and gentlemen

We got him. Again.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Pham Nuwen posted:

No it was a place named Everest in Worthington. Looks like it was maybe a Mexican restaurant originally. We went with some Nepali friends.

I'll have to look into that next time I'm in the area.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wpHszfnJns

It's finally here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The boys in fortnite finally brought one home.

It took choking in every match prior for the miracle to happen, but under Travis's expert leadership the McElroys won at fortnite. Wrap it up, it's time to retire.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I missed the win but I caught the one early in the stream where it was the three of them and one other person left and they got smoked because Justin was off doing god knows what and the other two didn’t really coordinate. It was heartbreaking and hilarious in equal parts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Travis got the covid. Messing with San Jose and Denver liveshows. Womp womp.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Justin McElroy* is on Sawbones this week.

*The Canadian one

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zero One posted:

Justin McElroy* is on Sawbones this week.

*The Canadian one

I hope he replaced Justin like that one episode with Charlie (Charley?) and neither of them call attention to it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I tried watching this but the American health care system is such a nightmare show that even BDG’s jokes couldn’t get me through it :(

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

omg chael crash posted:

I tried watching this but the American health care system is such a nightmare show that even BDG’s jokes couldn’t get me through it :(

Yeah legit started drinking

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Apparently Justin is GMing the new arc, guess it could be a standalone but the tweet I saw didn't say one way or the other. Didn't Dust only just start or was that like a temporary stopgap thing?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

thebardyspoon posted:

Apparently Justin is GMing the new arc, guess it could be a standalone but the tweet I saw didn't say one way or the other. Didn't Dust only just start or was that like a temporary stopgap thing?

It was specifically intended to be a limited run.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Thank gently caress for that, too. It helps curtail Travis' railroading (if only marginally) and throws a wrench into any COSMIC WORLD-ENDING NEMESIS nonsense he might try to build towards.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I’m curious to see how many episodes in a row the boys can talk about Korn. I think we’re at 3 or 4 now. It’s really quite impressive!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Thank gently caress for that, too. It helps curtail Travis' railroading (if only marginally) and throws a wrench into any COSMIC WORLD-ENDING NEMESIS nonsense he might try to build towards.

Griffin is guilty of the latter just as much. It's a problem on everything but the mini series stuff.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Shinjobi posted:

Griffin is guilty of the latter just as much. It's a problem on everything but the mini series stuff.

With any luck Justin will not complete the hat trick.

Session 0 on his campaign sounds interesting, though. Hoping it doesn't turn into a "company is planning to take over the world in some convoluted way!" story of redemption for these otherwise bad boy characters.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Shinjobi posted:

Oh, for sure. Graduation and Ethersea were especially bad about this. I'm particularly rankled about the former, though, as the boys found several ways to neutralize the problem only for Travis to say "nuh uh" and jam them into a thoroughly unearned (for Travis) Climactic Final Battle.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I greatly enjoyed nuDust. I’m a bit worried about a first time GM doing things, but I’m happy to see how it goes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Crazyeyes posted:

With any luck Justin will not complete the hat trick.

Session 0 on his campaign sounds interesting, though. Hoping it doesn't turn into a "company is planning to take over the world in some convoluted way!" story of redemption for these otherwise bad boy characters.

Justin loves point and clicks and that's like 90% of them.

Chapter 1: "We better figure out what happened at this museum robbery!"
Chapter 12: "You have to use the amulet of amun ra to prevent the wizards return! Do it now!"

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Only a few minutes into Steeplechase so far, but this was good:

Justin: Please hold the goofs and don’t say anything until I finish unless it’s really good.

Travis: How will I know if it’s good unless I say it?

Justin: The Travis McElroy Story.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Playing as criminals whose enterprise is "allowed to take a break while working for Disneyland" is........... strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sankara posted:

Playing as criminals whose enterprise is "allowed to take a break while working for Disneyland" is........... strange.

Yeah I feel like Justin has several awesome pieces here, but I really don't know how well they'll fit together.