Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rafikki posted:

Where are y’all seeing that it’s processing photos?

Photo Shuffle lockscreen type for me. Still going after 6 days now.

I don't plan to use it but I keep checking to see just how slow it is. I have about 4000 photos so I'm leaning towards broken, not just slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Hmm, I setup that Lock Screen a few days ago and don’t remember seeing that notice on my 12 pro max with around 6500 photos.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Laserface posted:

I have one that has 4 spots and it depends what you have connected? Phone watch and headphones all show up depending what's on and in range

Sorry I should’ve been more specific, I meant the one that you can add to the Lock Screen not the regular widget that displays multiple things at once. The Lock Screen one only shows one device at a time and it seems to pick it at random. Maybe the last thing connected?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rafikki posted:

Hmm, I setup that Lock Screen a few days ago and don’t remember seeing that notice on my 12 pro max with around 6500 photos.

Yeah I read similar stuff when I googled it. That's why I'm thinking something broke with the scan.

I'm not sure how I'd reset that though. Rebooting the phone hasn't seemed to.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Why does the iOS mail app send me a notification whenever my iCloud.com email address gets a Junk email?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The phone thinks you need to meet hot singles in your area.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

The phone thinks you need to meet hot singles in your area.

I already have the covid vaccine though?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How do I get my phone to stop nagging me with this message?

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

How do I get my phone to stop nagging me with this message?

Wait till they update iOS next week.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/19/apple-to-fix-ios-16-copy-paste-issue-next-week/

god this blows fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 22, 2022

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Has Google Maps wrecked your battery on iOS 16? I killed off it's location access and my battery usage is back to normal iOS 15 levels.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Does anyone else experience an issue with Siri's voice when used with shortcuts? Since updating ios, when her voice runs as a result of a shortcut, she sounds really slow and drunk.

When talking to her through the usual way, she sounds normal.

I've had this issue in the past with previous updates too. Really weird.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Yeah Siri voice tends to go to drunk disjointed mode for random reasons for me but that goes back to iOS 15. I can’t figure out why it does that some times but not others.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

buglord posted:

Yeah Siri voice tends to go to drunk disjointed mode for random reasons for me but that goes back to iOS 15. I can’t figure out why it does that some times but not others.

Yup I get this as well and I have no idea why.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
GPS seems to be working again in the second beta update if anyone with a 14 pro noticed it wasn't working with beta 1 (explains why waze was going nuts on my drive yesterday).

Xabi posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the new Home app is a confusing mess?

I did not like it at first but now that I'm used to it after two months, well, it's okay. I think the concept of organizing everything by rooms was one that worked for me, this is a little jumbled. But I've been able to work with it.

An important thing to note is that some of the button works like a switch, some of it works like a thing that pops up a menu. Which isn't very intuitive. Or at least wasn't for me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rick posted:

An important thing to note is that some of the button works like a switch, some of it works like a thing that pops up a menu. Which isn't very intuitive. Or at least wasn't for me.

The biggest crime for me is that part of the button is a switch and the rest of the button is a menu/slider. I get what they were going for but it's stupid.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Update is actually out now,

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/22/23367467/iphone-14-pro-camera-shake-fixed-ios-16-update-copy-paste-prompt

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Or Today! https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/22/apple-releases-ios-16-0-2/

Hopefully it fixes the bug on my 11 where dictation and Siri fail nonstop for the last day or so.

E,fb.

Edit 2: Nope.

GoatSeeGuy fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 22, 2022

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Or Today! https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/22/apple-releases-ios-16-0-2/

Hopefully it fixes the bug on my 11 where dictation and Siri fail nonstop for the last day or so.

E,fb.

I had that right after I updated to iOS 16 as well. Not in the beta either, but the RC. It was super weird and I had to do a restore to unfuck Siri/dictation.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

As mentioned above 16.0.2 is live now, just queued it up. Enjoy folks!

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I had that right after I updated to iOS 16 as well. Not in the beta either, but the RC. It was super weird and I had to do a restore to unfuck Siri/dictation.

Thanks for the tip, I just did a recovery mode update with no issues and dictation is back!

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Leave it to apple to make me look a fool

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

god this blows posted:

Leave it to apple to make me look a fool

Only thing left to figure out is which of us is Tim's parachute account.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

260MB, so it's a small one.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/xl1h6p/turns_out_crash_detection_works_fantastic_sucks/

Apparently Crash Detection on the iPhone 14 works well.

Also my friend with an iPhone XR says Crash Detection doesn't work because he also got into an accident today. :v: I think he wishes he had an iPhone 14 now. lol

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
My 14 pro still has problems scanning barcodes in apps after the last update. Kinda want my XS back not gonna lie.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat this dude loves scanning barcodes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I had an issue scanning a QR code on my XS yesterday, it's not all sunshine and rainbows in the past either.

But I assumed it was a poorly printed code, it was kinda smudged.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

American McGay posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

American McGay posted:

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Haha, I may have exaggerated a little. Still dumb that the camera can’t focus properly in third party apps though.

rally fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 23, 2022

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I can’t believe how nice an always on screen is for glancing at the time and notifications. I’m sort of angry apple held out so long on this. Was there a legit reason, or just the usual funneling of features via a blood drip to satisfy quarterly demands?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I haven’t updated my 13 Pro to 16 yet. Would you guys recommend waiting for 16.1 or whatever the first update for everyone will be? It seems like there’s a lot more bugs than normal so far.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I haven’t updated my 13 Pro to 16 yet. Would you guys recommend waiting for 16.1 or whatever the first update for everyone will be? It seems like there’s a lot more bugs than normal so far.

It’s already had two updates.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I'm on a 12 Pro Max and haven't noticed any real bugs aside from the pasting permission prompt thing, but that got fixed in today's update. Even early on in the betas, 16 performed totally fine for me. I'd say go ahead and update.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

rally posted:

It’s already had two updates.

Oh ok. I was under the impression those were only for the 14's. Thanks!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nuts and Gum posted:

I can’t believe how nice an always on screen is for glancing at the time and notifications. I’m sort of angry apple held out so long on this. Was there a legit reason, or just the usual funneling of features via a blood drip to satisfy quarterly demands?

Technology can only advance so fast.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Nuts and Gum posted:

AOD, for Apple anyways, required a display that can drop to 1hz to be able to hit the battery life they want in the battery size they have. They only put that display in the 13 Pro, and even then it o it dropped to 10hz.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
My iPhone 14 Pro Max was delivered yesterday, set it up just fine and everything was working properly, upgraded to iOS 16.0.2, and Face ID stopped working. The camera refuses to register my face is within the required frame. Tried resetting Face ID and then tried restoring from a backup, but still no joy. Guess an Apple Store visit is in my future. :v:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Your face is wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You’re looking at it wrong.