Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm just gonna say :

Dan used to be an accountant.

What's with all these ex-accountant podcast hosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Morroque posted:

I almost feel sorry for the trustee. They're going to need to do a lot of cold-reading how Jones even ran his ack-basswards business, and not a lot of time to do it. Jones is definitely going to use that information disparity to defraud the bankruptcy court even further in the meantime.

Here’s the thing - the US trustee’s office is currently managing member of Free Speech Systems, LLC - not Alex Jones. They’re going to be in the offices operating things as well as auditing/winding back fraudulent transfers/etc.

This was the absolute last thing Jones wanted, because the trustee is going to see they are a very liquid and solvent business, and is going to start paying the money to creditors (sandy hook families) instead of Jones.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Wait…so not only is Alex broadcasting from globalist occupied Austin, he’ll be broadcasting from a globalist occupied studio? Wonderful.

I realize that when they say that the trustees are talking over the business, that means they’re talking all the records in the building and going to a third location to sort and administer. That said, I really like the idea of some horrified Trustee employee standing just off camera of the Alex’s stage, agog at his moronic pantomimes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Wait…so not only is Alex broadcasting from globalist occupied Austin, he’ll be broadcasting from a globalist occupied studio? Wonderful.

I realize that when they say that the trustees are talking over the business, that means they’re talking all the records in the building and going to a third location to sort and administer. That said, I really like the idea of some horrified Trustee employee standing just off camera of the Alex’s stage, agog at his moronic pantomimes.

They're not going to interrupt the day to day operations of the business. They're just going to be controlling the money. Jones is going to continue to be Jones.

Any of the transfers out of the company in the relevant period will be scrutinized along with any future ones, but generally speaking the trustee is going to try to not disrupt the business. They want the business to succeed and the creditors to get paid.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

They're not going to interrupt the day to day operations of the business. They're just going to be controlling the money. Jones is going to continue to be Jones.

Any of the transfers out of the company in the relevant period will be scrutinized along with any future ones, but generally speaking the trustee is going to try to not disrupt the business. They want the business to succeed and the creditors to get paid.

Which means Jones can’t continue to be Jones. They should probably fire him and hire some actual talent. Just stick Mike Mitchell in the chair. Nobody will notice.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

For the interested Jones is on the stand today in the Connecticut damages trial

Live here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTrwQvDeSPE

As of this moment the court is in recess due to technical issues, but he'll likely be up all day.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Listening to episode 476 with Howard Huges Unexplained host. He's awesome. Anymore KF eps that include him?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

KitConstantine posted:

For the interested Jones is on the stand today in the Connecticut damages trial

Live here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTrwQvDeSPE

As of this moment the court is in recess due to technical issues, but he'll likely be up all day.

Hoo boy, that meltdown he had.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Ended up watching the whole thing today. Pretty intense and lots of Alex trying his hardest to ramble despite Pattis literally screaming at him and the judge counciling Jones like a half dozen times.

"What? Should I use my hands?" (The judge to Pattis asking the court to stop Alex talking somehow after the jury left)

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Today's episode is really, really rough.

Take care of yourselves before / after listening

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
It's bad, very much agreed. A real goddamn shame that (I assume) Barnes can't be added to the suit, though one can hope hoping Mattei's team can add the day's contents to Evidence that Jones will never loving stop.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Froghammer posted:

Today's episode is really, really rough.

Take care of yourselves before / after listening

It's just soul-crushing to hear him say the exact opposite of provable reality, knowing full well that none of his fans will watch the actual court proceedings and feel shame about it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Barnes is such a piece of poo poo

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
For something much lighter, Dan and Jordan guest on todays God Awful Movies where they cover the movie “The Terrifying Prophecies of Nostradamus”.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I just started reading Sandy Hook, and how The Parents haven't literally torn Alex limb from limb is a bit of a shock to me.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MA-Horus posted:

I just started reading Sandy Hook, and how The Parents haven't literally torn Alex limb from limb is a bit of a shock to me.

It just gets worse the more you learn about it. Having your kid murdered then hounded by illegal private investigations and violent cultists until you move out of state for fear of life and limb.

Then that and more keeps happening for years, so some rear end in a top hat can shill boner pills.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Down to 154hours left of episodes (79 left out of 745) to listen to till I complete listening to every episode.

Think I started listening in March/April of this year. Man, it's been crazy enjoyable and fun listening to the show.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

Down to 154hours left of episodes (79 left out of 745) to listen to till I complete listening to every episode.

Think I started listening in March/April of this year. Man, it's been crazy enjoyable and fun listening to the show.

you are a madman. That's a lot of alex content straight to the dome

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

For real. Trip report?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm close to finishing the backlog but I've been working on that for a while. At least since last summer, can't remember exactly.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Y'all are machines.

I've been listening since late '20 and I still have some good sized gaps. I can only cook so much, and I have 4-5 hours of new KF every week and my other podcasts before I can even touch chipping away at the backlog. I was going a lot faster until I stopped needing to drive 2 hours to the hospital once a week, but for some reason I don't miss that even if JorDan made that drive significantly more pleasant.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

When I started the backlog was about 300 episodes or do which was manageable. Starting now would be daunting

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Listening to an old episode yesterday (253 or 254) I heard Alex say the word "Supremacist" correctly. Dan and Jordan didn't even comment on it but now I know he CAN say it properly and every time he doesn't is going to prick just a little bit worse.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tree Dude posted:

Listening to an old episode yesterday (253 or 254) I heard Alex say the word "Supremacist" correctly. Dan and Jordan didn't even comment on it but now I know he CAN say it properly and every time he doesn't is going to prick just a little bit worse.
No poo poo? It grates so much every time he says "supremist"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
All time greatest mispronunciation on Alex's part was saying Nike like it's spelled over and over again

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Ozymandamous.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

What shattered my world is I saw a video of some other chuds also saying supremist. I thought it was just Alex. I guess it's a thing.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
You also have chuds calling everything "bias" [sic].

Conservatives are just extremely stupid.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Grand Fromage posted:

What shattered my world is I saw a video of some other chuds also saying supremist. I thought it was just Alex. I guess it's a thing.

Sadly, it's an actual dialectal thing common to some parts of the South and not specific to Jones/chuds. They have an actual, functional rule in their version of English that deletes repeated syllables containing the same consonant, not too dissimilar other English deletion rules (like how no one actually says "twelfth" with all those sounds when speaking casually).

I try to not make fun of that kind of stuff because then what really is the difference between that and someone who speaks AAVE or something? It's just labeling another less prestigious version as "bad" and feeds into a bunch of classist/racist territory.

Antigravitas posted:

Ozymandamous.

But this is just him not knowing a loving word and saying it anyway because he has a brain made out of cottage cheese so I save up my loathing for poo poo like this.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah but Alex used to say it properly, and the chuds in question that I heard it from were not from the south.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I started listening to the podcast.

Then I started going through the backlog, cherry picking the most interesting dates and descriptions.

On 2 different devices and 3 different podcast apps!

The main one of both I accidentally deleted my podcast listening history.

So now if i go into the back catalogue it's a magical mystery tour, of 'Does this sound familiar', or 20 minutes in "gently caress. I remember this one'

I am very smart!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
We’re internet historians and this is legitimate research.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Sometimes my phone messes up the streaming and the player stops, other times it's just Alex doing a loving 7 second pause while he's trying to think. loving so much dead air in some of the clips

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Mauser posted:

Sometimes my phone messes up the streaming and the player stops, other times it's just Alex doing a loving 7 second pause while he's trying to think. loving so much dead air in some of the clips

Back when I'd wear headphones with wires I'd be cooking or doing general maintenance stuff and every god drat time I'd get to one of those super long pauses I'd have enough time to think I'd snagged and pulled the jack out again, check I was wrong and then go back to what I was doing long enough to worry maybe I really did pull it out.

Every. Single. Time. I hate that fucker's pauses so much.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Today Alex goes on a long riff about how the storm sinking mongolians invading japan proves climate change is wrong. He also compares earth storms to those on Jupiter.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

0konner posted:

Today Alex goes on a long riff about how the storm sinking mongolians invading japan proves climate change is wrong. He also compares earth storms to those on Jupiter.

The one from the 13th century...?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
It's been a while since I played The Magic School Bus in Outer Space on Windows 98, but storms on Earth are not quite like the storms on Jupiter, considering some of them are more than three entire Earths in size.

Then again, I've never had the brazen confidence of a narcissist attempting to Dunning-Kreuger their way through life.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Today's episode of KF was delightful

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Shinji2015 posted:

Today's episode of KF was delightful

I mean it's great that we're talking about these episodes ha ha but shouldn't we be taking about Arnold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ILL Machina posted:

I mean it's great that we're talking about these episodes ha ha but shouldn't we be taking about Arnold?

B-but we have so much news to cover!