Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

edit;

boooo, boring, trash content i am ashamed. maybe i'll repost when he dissects the thing

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

Astro bot who lives inside your ps5 and let you visit and see whats inside your ps5, was the best astrobot game

i agree (it's the only one i've played (i don't own a vr))

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Kazzah posted:

realtalk I judge people who post that outer wilds has bad spaceship controls

uh oh veni

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

edit;

boooo, boring, trash content i am ashamed. maybe i'll repost when he dissects the thing

im sad i missed this if it was related to outer wilds

OH in the options, turn on 'freeze time while talking to others', idk why they didn't turn that on, because they have freeze time while reading, and freeze time while translating text turned on by default, under Gameplay then under preeflight checklist. also turn on reduced frights (trust me, it's not even reducded frights, it's just reduced frustration and it's specific to the dlc only, it's a dumb name for it that literally every single poster seems to agree is the the preferred option)

imhotep fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 22, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I had always planned to post one when there was a price and specific date announced, but if they're starting a big marketing push I may as well do it now

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I've heard (from very reputable sources) that PSVR2's retail cost is going to be 1 PS5. Not the cost of a PS5, literally a PS5. You'd better have a spare if you want to get in on the next generation of gaming.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5-wKAeUx5U

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Is this a remake or a port?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Remake afaict

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a remake yea

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Got all 240,300 spirits in Ghostwire. Like 2 relics left then going after the Jizo statues. I just wish every area had an offering box.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I should probably unload my Quest 2 right now, aye?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m holding out on selling my Rift S until I find out how easy psvr2 is going to be to use on PC. Gotta decent library I don’t want to lose access to.

I imagine it’ll be much easier than using a psvr 1 on PC but I really hope you can just plug and play via steam

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 22, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a good chance the PSVR 2 is significantly more expensive than the Quest 2, don't sell it until we at least know that much

e: Never mind, I hadn't seen that the 2 is now up to $400-500 which is also what I think is the price ceiling for the PSVR 2

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lol poo poo my cutter torch was a few inches off a weld point and there was a fuel canister I didn’t know was behind it. All this while I was jammed in between an outer and inner hull crawl space. Suddenly I see/hear a loud boom, a wall of fire moving toward me, and the whole entire back third of the ship explodes into bits and pieces while my space suit is on fire and I’m screaming.

Good game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’ve blown up a few fuel tanks but my only deaths so far have both been from accidentally flying into the processor

Very good game

acksplode
May 17, 2004

haveblue posted:

There's a good chance the PSVR 2 is significantly more expensive than the Quest 2, don't sell it until we at least know that much

e: Never mind, I hadn't seen that the 2 is now up to $400-500 which is also what I think is the price ceiling for the PSVR 2

When I saw the Quest 2 MSRPs get bumped by $100 my immediate thought was that someone at Sony had a wish granted. Apple sabotaged FB's money printer and that removed a massive hurdle for Sony and anyone else who wants to sell VR kits

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

acksplode posted:

When I saw the Quest 2 MSRPs get bumped by $100 my immediate thought was that someone at Sony had a wish granted. Apple sabotaged FB's money printer and that removed a massive hurdle for Sony and anyone else who wants to sell VR kits

I know Facebook is losing all sorts of money on the Quest 2, and it's a fine enough entry-level VR headset (Great for BeatSaber!), but PSVR2 looks like a whole different experience with the eye tracking and dual sense controls/vibrations.

I just hope somebody comes up with a hacky way to us the PSVR2 on a PC.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Gay Retard posted:

I know Facebook is losing all sorts of money on the Quest 2, and it's a fine enough entry-level VR headset (Great for BeatSaber!), but PSVR2 looks like a whole different experience with the eye tracking and dual sense controls/vibrations.

Totally agree, but that's stuff that's hard to appreciate without using it hands on or being a well informed enthusiast. And Sony will need to make sure there's a library in place that shows off those features, I have concerns there based on the number of PS5 games (0). I wouldn't want the task of explaining foveated rendering to a normie who's wondering why the PSVR kit is more expensive than a Quest 2 before you even consider the PS5, especially in this economic environment. If the kits have a comparable price point then it'll be less of an uphill battle to compete.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

WaltherFeng posted:

Is this a remake or a port?

Arist posted:

It's a remake yea

It’s kind of in between a port and a remake from what I can tell TBH. Unlike say Kiwami or Kiwami 2 which were completely overhauled, the gameplay in this one looks like it’s been pretty much untouched from the original.

The biggest jump is in the graphics because it’s running on Unreal 4, which is how the Tony Hawk remasters worked too.

Should be pretty drat good whether or not you split that particular hair though, the original Ishin is supposed to be fantastic as it is.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

PSVR2 will be my first vr headset, I’m excited for it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m purchasing it as soon as it goes on sale. Elite Dangerous VR here I come oh how I have always longed for you.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol poo poo my cutter torch was a few inches off a weld point and there was a fuel canister I didn’t know was behind it. All this while I was jammed in between an outer and inner hull crawl space. Suddenly I see/hear a loud boom, a wall of fire moving toward me, and the whole entire back third of the ship explodes into bits and pieces while my space suit is on fire and I’m screaming.

Good game.

I'm not sure I want to play a game that is somewhat tangential in the very loosest and broadest terms to what I do for a living yet involves horrific deaths like this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m purchasing it as soon as it goes on sale. Elite Dangerous VR here I come oh how I have always longed for you.

Elite Dangerous on PS does not support VR, and last time I checked they had abandoned console development entirely. Unless you're planning to hack it onto your PC, it's probably not happening

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I cant wait to play valkyrie profile next week. Good thing the ps5 has no games

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
PSVR2 looks very good, although they dropped the ball with no onboard audio nor straps on the controllers. I’m sure someone will make straps like 3rd parties did for Quest, but the audio thing is gonna be a fun surprise when people realize they need yet another wireless device on their head.

At this point I have more faith in Sony getting content created as Valve can’t stay focused enough to do anything long term, and meta has thus far done absolutely nothing but make wii avatars.

I also wonder if they’ll ‘unlock’ use of PSVR2 on PC after the first two years on console; it doesn’t need any proprietary cameras or tracking devices so it should work.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nuts and Gum posted:

PSVR2 looks very good, although they dropped the ball with no onboard audio nor straps on the controllers. I’m sure someone will make straps like 3rd parties did for Quest, but the audio thing is gonna be a fun surprise when people realize they need yet another wireless device on their head.

I hadn't realized it had no built-in speakers, and that sucks, but it does have a stereo miniplug, so you can use cheaper headphones you don't have to keep charged

e: This is also how the PSVR 1 worked, they just bundled a set of basic earbuds with it

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

I'm glad that they'll let me plug my fancy earbuds into a headphone jack like PSVR did, instead of dealing with built-ins that are compromised on quality to keep cost down

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Horizon 1 is pretty good! thanks Goon who said to play it instead of skipping to 2!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

acksplode posted:

I'm glad that they'll let me plug my fancy earbuds into a headphone jack like PSVR did, instead of dealing with built-ins that are compromised on quality to keep cost down

Yeah it’s def a cost saving thing, it’s just funny to me Valve figured it out like 3 years ago and Sony, who makes lots of headphones, just said eh let the user figure it out lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

im sad i missed this if it was related to outer wilds

Nah, I was tired, but it was a vid of some dude who scored a PS5 dev kit, but the whole video was just him yammering instead of opening that poo poo up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

I’ve blown up a few fuel tanks but my only deaths so far have both been from accidentally flying into the processor

Very good game

I've been blown up, had my face smashed in, been crushed, flung at poo poo, electrocuted, caught on fire, and also was processed a few times. Eventually I learned how to grab onto a wall and hand-over-hand my way out of the processor.

Felt pretty good. :smuggo:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I know the best anyone can really do is speculate but is the PSVR2 supposed to be kinder to motion sickness prone weak loser humans like myself?

I barely used my PSVR1 at all because of that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

I had always planned to post one when there was a price and specific date announced, but if they're starting a big marketing push I may as well do it now

Lemme know if you make one, I'll link it from the OP

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Shrecknet posted:

Horizon 1 is pretty good! thanks Goon who said to play it instead of skipping to 2!
H2 is a direct sequel continuing the storyline with the same characters. Why would you skip the 1st one?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jelly posted:

I know the best anyone can really do is speculate but is the PSVR2 supposed to be kinder to motion sickness prone weak loser humans like myself?

Marginally, maybe? It'll have better and more stable tracking, but motion sickness is mostly due to devs making poor decisions around movement and camera behavior (or deciding their game mandates an inherently stressful model for those) and it'll never fully go away for sensitive people. Definitely try to do a demo before putting down money.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Lemme know if you make one, I'll link it from the OP

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4013063

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Jelly posted:

I haven't heard about any features with that specifically in mind, and tbh I'm not sure what Sony could do with the hardware to address the root problem that your eyes and inner ear are giving your brain conflicting info. They already did a solid job with PSVR1 when it came to enforcing high and stable framerates and keeping latency low. Depending on what you're sensitive to, PSVR2's wider FOV could actually make motion sickness worse -- reduced FOV is a common comfort feature in games. I think it's ultimately up to developers to design around sensitive players and add features to accommodate them. I'm pretty sensitive to motion sickness so I feel ya. The only thing that's worked for me has been spending more time in VR, and ending a session once I feel the slightest hint of nausea.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The weight of the headset definitely played a role in my problems with VR.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
If it was remotely humid in my house my psvr would fog up constantly from my hot hot face

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have played a bunch of VR both PSVR and with PC headsets and the only thing that ever made me feel sick as hell was RIGS.

I don’t know why. Any other game I can play with all the comfort poo poo turned off, but 10 minutes in RIGS and I’m ready to throw up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crows Turn Off posted:

H2 is a direct sequel continuing the storyline with the same characters. Why would you skip the 1st one?

Yeah but it's an open world game. You gonna tell someone they need to play Watch Dogs 1 before they try 2? Or to start with the first Asssassin's Creed before touching Odyssey or Origins?

The only one you really need to worry about lately is like, The Witcher.