Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
feeding the entire looney tunes catalog into a deep learning algorithm to determine the next rules thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i get why kys is banned but i loved the very serious arguments over whether posting "die!!!!!!" constitutes a kys post

What if they choke on a fishbone?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Clearly you haven’t met kolby

qnqnx posted:

Loling again at "is calling someone smoothbrained ableism"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Violen posted:

feeding the entire looney tunes catalog into a deep learning algorithm to determine the next rules thread

i was compared to a school shooter for saying that looney tunes threats of violence that are clearly a joke shouldnt be probe worthy lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 22, 2022

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Haha it was echinopsis or whatever. Classic.

anyway the dumbest rule is not being allowed to say oval office unless you're demonstrably british/aussie/kiwi

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

qnqnx posted:

Loling again at "is calling someone smoothbrained ableism"

Frankly, if a koala can manage to register an account, I say go for it.

technically she registered two, I know

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i was compared to a school shooter for saying that looney tunes threats of violence that are clearly a joke shouldnt be probe worthy lol

Yosemite Sam wearing a trench coat and carrying a TEC 9 in a school cafeteria.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Haha it was echinopsis or whatever. Classic.

anyway the dumbest rule is not being allowed to say oval office unless you're demonstrably british/aussie/kiwi

submitting proof of citizenship by birth of a commonwealth nation to the mods to be able to say a word that makes americans feel icky

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Is this like when lowtax got permabanned from twitter for saying something about nancy pelosi and a chess board, or something i don't remember what it was exactly

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dixville posted:

Is this like when lowtax got permabanned from twitter for saying something about nancy pelosi and a chess board, or something i don't remember what it was exactly

Baked Alaska being entombed in concrete

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

apparently the game got hacked pretty badly later due to a shady developer and also terrible security (apparently chat, security logs, bank transactions and username/passwords are stored in html - I'm not clear on the mechanics) so goons have abandoned it

Can't say I'm surprised it turned out that way, that company just felt crooked from the beginning but god drat it was an amazing experience, the jank and the bad translations created a genuine mystery to the game where you felt like you were exploring a frontier. Usually in a MMO there's a pretty clear understanding of how things functionally work, but sometimes just by talking to people they'd let slip mechanics you didn't know existed but they assumed was common knowledge. It's going to be awhile before I find anything that recaptures that feeling. Also the wine spray animation had you lean forward and you could clip through walls and intoxicate crowds inside a building during events and festivals and we'd just hose down pubbies with liquor causing mass vomiting, it was glorious.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Each of the words that we use to insult intelligence are actually outdated words that were used to reference groups of people :)

we don't live in the past we live in the now

i mean friggin irony doesn't mean irony anymore ffs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dixville posted:

That's why he claimed he was permabanned from Twitter for. I think in the :yikeseroo: in came out he had been harassing people by sending them photos of dog dicks via PM.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I personally don't like comparing goons to the developmentally disabled because I believe that the developmentally disabled should be treated with human dignity and that goons should not.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

That's why he claimed he was permabanned from Twitter for. I think in the :yikeseroo: in came out he had been harassing people by sending them photos of dog dicks via PM.

Twitter will ban you for the most milquetoast/unrealistic "threats" ever, I lost an account for telling a big neo-nazi account I was going to summon a cloud of chlorine gas to hover over his house until he suffocated

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

lmao for some reason in particular at the amount of bacon doubling in the two weeks between the first and third post

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also which one of you is this :mad:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Snow Cone Capone posted:

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It's me, I can only get off while imagining my dick is a drawbridge letting a ship through

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Autobots, roll the gently caress away from here!

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu

Turn on your monitor

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's me, I can only get off while imagining my dick is a drawbridge letting a ship through

toot toot

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Looks like a someone who got their sexual revelation while watching Pinocchio.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Twitter will ban you for the most milquetoast/unrealistic "threats" ever, I lost an account for telling a big neo-nazi account I was going to summon a cloud of chlorine gas to hover over his house until he suffocated

TBQH I have no trouble believing either version of the Lowtax Twitter ban story.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TBQH I have no trouble believing either version of the Lowtax Twitter ban story.

whynotboth.gif

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
Goon MMO antics reminds me: wasn’t there some deer MMO that was the subject of a front page article? It was literally just some Second Life-esque thing completely focused on roleplaying as deer in the forest, and goons were trolling it by just spamming the “bleat” action in earshot of people who were trying to do serious RP poo poo. I think the whole thing ended with the game’s creator/sole programmer getting so furious that they shut down the game itself by having asteroids blow up the forest while “THE END” was displayed on the screen.
Is this ringing bells for anybody else?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

I spat my coffee all over my keyboard gently caress

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

lmao for some reason in particular at the amount of bacon doubling in the two weeks between the first and third post

more bacon=more power

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Heath posted:

a nimrod

Violen posted:

feeding the entire looney tunes catalog into a deep learning algorithm

nimrod is a weird one... he was just a hunter in the bible but Bugs Bunny said "what a little Nimrod" with such disdain in that one cartoon that it became an insult

a powerful rabbit

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Argus Zant posted:

Goon MMO antics reminds me: wasn’t there some deer MMO that was the subject of a front page article? It was literally just some Second Life-esque thing completely focused on roleplaying as deer in the forest, and goons were trolling it by just spamming the “bleat” action in earshot of people who were trying to do serious RP poo poo. I think the whole thing ended with the game’s creator/sole programmer getting so furious that they shut down the game itself by having asteroids blow up the forest while “THE END” was displayed on the screen.

The Endless Forest, by Tale of Tales, who were kind of part of that first online indie/art game wave from the late-00s.

probably most famous for The Graveyard which is a game where you play as an old lady walking through a graveyard before you die of old age or something, because people who reported on indie games in like 2008 loved this poo poo

https://www.somethingawful.com/mmo-roulette/endlessforest/1/

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 22, 2022

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Snow Cone Capone posted:

god that is an absolutely revolting series of tweets

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Twitter will generally tell you what the "last straw" is when they suspend you, and Lowtax posted this at some point:

which is a pretty dumb thing to get banned for but also lol @ posting dumb poo poo on twitter

He also reregged later and got banned again for the concrete thing, although that could have been the one which was fake and the actual ban reason was for dick pics or w/e

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Snow Cone Capone posted:

its not pedophila if she's 15 its ephebophilia, checkmate bitch

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Somebody's been playing that creepy-rear end Witch Girls rpg.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Multiple ADTRW regulars were friends with the person he harassed/doxxed which is why there was a huge pushback against the epic spaceship thread's original incarnation coming to the subforum but that's been rewritten history to be just anime nerds mad or w/e by the current mods/iks

sorry. it sbeen legally mandated you must like the epic psycho fake positive posters. the past is thie past.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i get why kys is banned but i loved the very serious arguments over whether posting "die!!!!!!" constitutes a kys post

v frustrating conversation to have witnessed lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Argus Zant posted:

the mmos name was endless forest

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Stux posted:

sorry. it sbeen legally mandated you must like the epic psycho fake positive posters. the past is thie past.

gettin' mad about kindness :tizzy:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

My man you should probably read the context of that statement

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Woke moralists can have a little transformation, as a kink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shifty Nipples posted:

gettin' mad about kindness :tizzy:

Better than getting kind about madness.