Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

sigher posted:

What!? How?

Go to the badges menu and go into a game you have cards in:

It's not ALL cards at once but it's all cards for a specific game. If there are similar functions elsewhere for other inventory, doubt it but maybe someone else knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Why does the vent smell good???

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That feeling is just your brain cells dying

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Brother got his 64gb model; really wishing I didn't spring for the 512 now that I see how easy it is to install a 1tb in there

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PageMaster posted:

Brother got his 64gb model; really wishing I didn't spring for the 512 now that I see how easy it is to install a 1tb in there

it wasn't the drive space for me, it was the matte screen

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Got my Steam Deck today, and it's pretty swell so far! Played a few games of Luck Be A Landlord with one of the player-made control set-ups and it works great! Can't wait to try some other stuff out, including EGS/GoG/itch.io stuff (got the former two set up already with HL, will set-up the itch stuff later).

How did you get this to run? I’ve tried messing with resolution and proton version, but the game just launches and won’t let me see anything other than the Start, Options, etc screen, but nothing is clickable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

it wasn't the drive space for me, it was the matte screen

:same:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
For people still wondering about picross stuff: in addition to emulated stuff there are a few good games steam has: Picross Touch (free with dlc model), Pictopix (under ten, has player made puzzle workshop, maybe?), and Paint it Back (also under 10 and might be the one with the player made worshop)

I also still have an old program someone made for the old 00's era conceptis pic a puz downloads that handles the 100x150 monsters, as well as a small archive of puzzles, but it takes some finagling to get working these days

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 22, 2022

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Somehow have not had the idea to install it on the Deck yet but the best puzzle game on steam is Everyday Genius Squarelogic. Absolutely not Picross however, but it has enough puzzles that you could play this game for the rest of your life (I've been playing it on and off for 10 years lmao)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/32150/Everyday_Genius_SquareLogic/

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

ShaneB posted:

I like to sprinkle some Old Bay seasoning in the vent for a pleasant home-cooked scent

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone tried out Hardspace ShipBreakers?

https://twitter.com/orcinus/status/1571303259003883522?s=46&t=5ite3-NBV67R6j1XlJ7FBA

Their tweet from months ago says it works but someone posted 4 days ago saying it’s broken.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

ShaneB posted:

It's a common new electronics + plastic smell. Your brain might associate it with when your family got a new car or when you unpacked your first game console.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I just got my 512GB Steam Deck. Sorry if this is a repeated question: but is a screen protector necessary for this model?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Shards of Fate posted:

I just got my 512GB Steam Deck. Sorry if this is a repeated question: but is a screen protector necessary for this model?

I'd say it's about as necessary or unnecessary as it is for the other models. However, a screen protector might negate the matte effect you paid for.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Kinda depends what you're going to be doing with it. Do you tend to be hard on your electronics? In that case probably get one but yeah, it might alter the screen effect.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
My vent smells like solder joints :shrug:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

canyonero posted:

How did you get this to run? I’ve tried messing with resolution and proton version, but the game just launches and won’t let me see anything other than the Start, Options, etc screen, but nothing is clickable.

You might have to mess with control templates. It worked fine for me but I had already been playing it via Steam Link on my homebrew Switch so dunno if that affected anything.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tenkaris posted:

Go to the badges menu and go into a game you have cards in:

It's not ALL cards at once but it's all cards for a specific game. If there are similar functions elsewhere for other inventory, doubt it but maybe someone else knows!

Oh hell yeah, thank you. This is going to be a lot faster than selling everything individually. I have 36 something pages of Steam inventory and most of it is cards.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I hate screen protectors but I also realized I have kids and cats and accidents happen so now I screen protect everything lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy poo poo, my google tv/Chromecast has the Steam link app, and my wife is testing it out, streaming No Man's Sky from her laptop to our tv. Awesome! Our tv only has 2 HMDI inputs and they're being used already, so I'm glad that I'll be able to stream the deck to the tv when I get it without having to mess with them. 100mb/s connection too, doesn't look bad at all.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Heran Bago posted:

It's a common new electronics + plastic smell. Your brain might associate it with when your family got a new car or when you unpacked your first game console.

But I've had mine for a long time now. The vent just smells nice. Kinda sweet.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy poo poo, my google tv/Chromecast has the Steam link app, and my wife is testing it out, streaming No Man's Sky from her laptop to our tv. Awesome! Our tv only has 2 HMDI inputs and they're being used already, so I'm glad that I'll be able to stream the deck to the tv when I get it without having to mess with them. 100mb/s connection too, doesn't look bad at all.

We're getting into some Mad Game Science territory now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Badly Jester posted:

I'd say it's about as necessary or unnecessary as it is for the other models. However, a screen protector might negate the matte effect you paid for.

100% will negate the matte effect

Screen replacements don't seem crazy on the Deck so I've just resigned myself to doing that when I get the inevitable scratch from some piece of grit trapped in a cleaning cloth or something

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

sigher posted:

Oh hell yeah, thank you. This is going to be a lot faster than selling everything individually. I have 36 something pages of Steam inventory and most of it is cards.

Yeah, if you play one game and buy stuff regularly for it you are constantly barraged with card drops. For me that was happening with Path of Exile and Idle Champions for a while, to the point I had the highest badges crafted but still had cards coming in all the time, and that made it super easy to unload them occasionally for like... 80 cents in my steam wallet :homebrew:

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
Been playing new vegas on this sucker- absolute heaven.

Also been playing Grime- v good sidescrolling souls like with nice aesthetics- poorly optimised mind you so doesnt get much battery mileage.

Vent somehow doesnt smell anymore

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

dreffen posted:

I took some time from my lunch to go into the haptics settings and even futzing with it, it's very light compared to the right. Welp.

Mine just came in today. I'm feeling the same thing. Right haptics feel pretty noticeable, left haptics are barely noticeable, I can almost only really hear it and not actually feel it on my thumb.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Mine just came in today. I'm feeling the same thing. Right haptics feel pretty noticeable, left haptics are barely noticeable, I can almost only really hear it and not actually feel it on my thumb.

how are they set

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

how are they set

Just the default settings. I went to check on haptic strength. I could increase the left one individually, but even maxed out it still feels fairly weaker than even the default right haptic settings.

Are the left haptics just normally weaker? I'd be more annoyed that it could be a sign of them failing already but I can use them fine for now.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

How does Game Mode vs Desktop Mode work? Are they 2 different OSes? Is Game Mode just a modified Big Picture Mode? I know it has to restart to go between the two and I'm just curious how it works.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Science_enthusiast posted:

Also been playing Grime- v good sidescrolling souls like with nice aesthetics- poorly optimised mind you so doesnt get much battery mileage.

Should start selling bottles of the vent smell in a spray bottle

Magic Shortbus
Jul 22, 2002

Cowman posted:

How does Game Mode vs Desktop Mode work? Are they 2 different OSes? Is Game Mode just a modified Big Picture Mode? I know it has to restart to go between the two and I'm just curious how it works.

Its the same OS underneath. Game Mode and Desktop mode are different graphical environments running on top of the same Linux. When you go between the two its not so much rebooting other than stopping and starting the other graphical shell.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Magic Shortbus posted:

Its the same OS underneath. Game Mode and Desktop mode are different graphical environments running on top of the same Linux. When you go between the two its not so much rebooting other than stopping and starting the other graphical shell.

Ah ok I figured it was something like this. That's really neat!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Huh. Wonder if it's just a thing then.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Science_enthusiast posted:

Does new vegas run without much faffing? i never did a caesar’s legion playthrough and i got the itch

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Vent sniffed. :11tea:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I want my tracking number Gabe. Give me my drat toy.

Nukelear v.2
Jun 25, 2004
My optional title text

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Same for me, but I use the left pad so rarely I just assumed haptics are only enabled in certain control scenarios.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

homeless snail posted:

Somehow have not had the idea to install it on the Deck yet but the best puzzle game on steam is Everyday Genius Squarelogic. Absolutely not Picross however, but it has enough puzzles that you could play this game for the rest of your life (I've been playing it on and off for 10 years lmao)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/32150/Everyday_Genius_SquareLogic/

I dunno whether to love you or hate you because I found my new addiction.
It's not super great to control because as far as I can tell there's no controller support so you just have to simulate a mouse, but that hasn't stopped me from already playing for over an hour (and by now I feel like I've gotten the hang of the mouse simulation after tweaking the sensitivities a lot)

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Was hoping to get my email today after Mondays monster leap up the queue but its only at 95% :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I put my deposit down for a 64GB this July and I just got the email telling me it’s available now :stare: