Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Goddammit Dean. You may have quit but this is still your fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Uhh, is that card bad?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's really, really good and worst of all neutral.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 22, 2022

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

So dew process is just a straight copy of howling mine from mtg huh

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tin Tim posted:

So dew process is just a straight copy of howling mine from mtg huh

no

because Howling Mine could be destroyed

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Comparable to Insatiable devourer and I don't feel terrible playing that uninfused when I have to, and it takes a bit more but I like her upside better.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Excelzior posted:

no

because Howling Mine could be destroyed
Ah right, silly me

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I meant bad as in, good enough to be upset about. I’m excited to put it in my thief priest deck!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Veev posted:

Comparable to Insatiable devourer and I don't feel terrible playing that uninfused when I have to, and it takes a bit more but I like her upside better.
and 3 less mana!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Ah good, useable with brann. Yes, fantastic.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

PneumonicBook posted:

Ah good, useable with brann. Yes, fantastic.
Are you sure?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Since that battle cry is targeted, she would just use her destruction/control effect on the same enemy twice before the effects of the first attempt is completely resolved, right?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

No Wave posted:

Are you sure?

No because the way brann interacts with some cards is weird. Will you be able to target two seperate things or will it work like say, Toxfin? Almost assuredly the latter now that I think about it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Veev posted:

I was thinking of it as a very strong solution to Insatiable Devourer

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

what the fuuuuuuu

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Lol

Play Mal'Ganis after The Jailor and only lose to untargetted removal

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 22, 2022

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Remind me how immune works again, aren't there certain effects that circumvent it, like psychic scream? Does starfish work? Gigafin?

Also yeah Sylvanas is pretty good on paper (especially when compared to vanilla HS cards like assassinate or mind control), but when I look at how you usually die in this meta it's rarely from any single huge beatstick but most frequently a board full of varied minions of all sizes. Or face damage with spells, which this also does nothing against.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Oenis posted:

Remind me how immune works again, aren't there certain effects that circumvent it, like psychic scream? Does starfish work? Gigafin?

yes, yes and yes. Immune is more like "can't be targeted or take damage". Twisting Nether kills them. Brawl kills them.

edit: or, well, starfish probably wouldn't work in this case, since it's a persistent effect

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Immune prevents damage and targeting. Blizzard will still freeze them, whirlpool clears, shaman can devolve them, etc

efb

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Oenis posted:

Also yeah Sylvanas is pretty good on paper (especially when compared to vanilla HS cards like assassinate or mind control), but when I look at how you usually die in this meta it's rarely from any single huge beatstick but most frequently a board full of varied minions of all sizes. Or face damage with spells, which this also does nothing against.

Immune is no damage and can’t be targeted. Starfish wouldn’t work (well they would be silenced but still perma-immune) the rest would all work

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oenis posted:

It’s going to be massive for decks like Mage/Hunter/DH/Warlock which don’t really have any way to deal with a massive naga priest minion in the midgame

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

The synergy fel orc soulfiend has been waiting for

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Lol

Play Mal'Ganis after The Jailor and only lose to untargetted removal

Bolf is cheaper and neutral!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Firebert posted:

Lol Bolf makes his return

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1573039446119051264

Soul seeker is probably not good but it's some fuckery lol. Also actually surprised that their tech lets infuse work while in your deck (there is no shot this isn't bugged somehow).

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Firebert posted:

Remember the old threads before dupe protection when we joked about all the bolfs we opened? At least some posters must have been telling the truth and now is their time to shine god dammit

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tin Tim posted:

Remember the old threads before dupe protection when we joked about all the bolfs we opened? At least some posters must have been telling the truth and now is their time to shine god dammit
https://youtu.be/rNgDw4K-HVg

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Finally, we have a tech card to put an end to the Secrets archetype's reign of terror

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

BenBrodeLaugh.WAV

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Devor posted:

Finally, we have a tech card to put an end to the Secrets archetype's reign of terror
But that's the best 3 mana anti-secret tech card ever printed!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jailer Quest Warlock :allears:

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Devor posted:

Also doesn't let your own secrets pop, not that I can see how that'd be useful.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
A lot of secret payoff cards are contingent on having a secret active, so it's kinda useful for that. Though this doesn't curve out particularly well for that either.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Veev posted:

Also doesn't let your own secrets pop, not that I can see how that'd be useful.

If you’re trying to have a bunch of secrets up at once for Orion/Chatty Bartender/Halkias I guess it works? But you still need to be able to kill it off once you play the payoff card. Seems more anti-secret focused to me

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

PneumonicBook posted:

Immune prevents damage and targeting. Blizzard will still freeze them, whirlpool clears, shaman can devolve them, etc

The devolved minions would still be immune though, from how the Jailer card reads. Right?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

mcbexx posted:

The devolved minions would still be immune though, from how the Jailer card reads. Right?

Yes, but if the idea is to combine Jailer with some other card that says “I can’t lose as long as this is around” (Bolf/Mal’ganis/Animated Armor, et al), silences and transformations remove the problematic ability. The minion is still immune to damage and targeting, but the ability is gone.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So classes that don't an AoE board clear are just completely screwed if the Jailer is played then?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

you can still hit the opponent in the face

if you're somehow playing a deck that can't kill the opponent either before turn 10 or shortly after they play a 10-mana tauntless minion with a presumably empty board, and you also don't have board clears, then yeah i guess you're screwed

edit: he doesn't seem altogether that different from kazakusan to me (sans the dragons-played requirement). he's a card that says either i win right now or you're able to deal with it and i lose. if druids play it on like turn 5 and win i'm sure he'll be nerfed like kazakusan was

peer fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

PneumonicBook posted:

efb

I think Devolve would work but they'd still be immune after?