Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
More like wails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Kieffer more goals.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Classy goal Croatia vs Denmark. Most guys would slam it, Sosa places it neatly bottom left.

Also, Modrić is still God

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Wow, a screamer by Eriksen and then Majer responds with a nice one. Check out this game's highlights.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Roberto Martinez prevents a quick throw, gets a red.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wales really need to tighten up at the back, Belgium could have won that by a lot more.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Moktaro posted:

Roberto Martinez prevents a quick throw, gets a red.

Suspend that trash for the world cup imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bessantj posted:

Wales really need to tighten up at the back, Belgium could have won that by a lot more.

The 5 at the back 2 in midfield doesn't do us any favours. Three big defenders marking no one most of the time. Then Mepham comes charging out to kick someone and the shape is in ribbons.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

sassassin posted:

The team babies Carrasco (29) and De Bruyne (31) can probably create enough between them to beat most teams.

We're all over the place so far. Looks like we're trying to man mark Witsel and leave big spaces for De Bruyne. Page out.

Lol de bruyne at 31 would be Canada's 3rd oldest player

Edit: also lol canada may also field what should be the world cups oldest player i think (39, Atiba Hutchinson)

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

sassassin posted:

The 5 at the back 2 in midfield doesn't do us any favours. Three big defenders marking no one most of the time. Then Mepham comes charging out to kick someone and the shape is in ribbons.

And the space they were giving the Belgium attack, you could have build large, modern houses on it. I hope they get that sorted out before the world cup I'd like them to take points off at least one team.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Future World Cup champions the United States of America with a rough start vs Japan this morning. Maybe having several MLS players in the lineup contributes to that, I guess

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bad pitch, bad players.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
US in the 2nd half actually looks something approaching...competent?

e: lol j/k :shepicide:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 23, 2022

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Omnikin posted:

Future World Cup champions the United States of America with a rough start vs Japan this morning. Maybe having several MLS players in the lineup contributes to that, I guess

You love to see it

:d2a:

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1573326327913988096?t=x--UvlazdMg1s3odL_7JoA&s=19

stab fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 23, 2022

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Lol qatar just lol

Lol pot 1 team got ourclassed by a pot 4 team love to see it

Can't wait for tuesday when Uruguay hangs a touchdown on Canada

stab fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 23, 2022

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I hope someone else is watching the England Italy game and just saw that incredibly ineffective lol worthy free kick from Italy

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
It's a shame Hungary are a bunch of cunts because they seem like a good underdog team

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I hope someone else is watching the England Italy game and just saw that incredibly ineffective lol worthy free kick from Italy

I've tuned in for maybe 3 minutes 40 seconds, feels like I have given the game too much attention tbh

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Best bit so far was Maguire getting bullied out of a header by Scamacca then he booted it behind for a corner under no pressure when he could have just simply passed to a team mate

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
even bottling the offside goals, this game has the lethality of a baby sloth

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Lol Italy winning, England will be relegated. Still practically every pundit is going to continue to defend Southgate till we inevitably fail hard at the WC.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

I think Bakayo Saka is probably good somewhere, but why was he playing left back tonight?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Southgate has managed Middlesbrough and England and has relegated Middlesbrough and England.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the england kits dont look that bad actually

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
https://twitter.com/bezza6945/status/1573385042986160131?s=20&t=M6-0XakhT7cPjPc3uEvcbg

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why doesn’t Tomori play for England? First-choice centerback for the Serie A champions can’t get into a three-man central defense?

Also shambolic that Ben White isn’t even in the squad

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Do you think UEFA will change the system to save England from relegation like they did for Germany?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Why doesn’t Tomori play for England? First-choice centerback for the Serie A champions can’t get into a three-man central defense?

Because Southgate, despite his bluster about "selecting players on form and performance" has his favourites and after reaching the final of the Euros is going to double down on his poo poo defensive "counter attack" football, despite having a pretty technical group of players.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQVlySuoac

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 24, 2022

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Vegetable posted:

gently caress that traitor piece of poo poo he can suck my tomori rear end

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I can already feel the usual disappointment from losing to Serbia on Tuesday

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

I can already feel the usual disappointment from losing to Serbia on Tuesday

this is the way

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I'm excited for Canada to get crushed by uruguay

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

stab posted:

gently caress that traitor piece of poo poo he can suck my tomori rear end
You realized the guy's family moved to England before he knew how to walk, right?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

You realized the guy's family moved to England before he knew how to walk, right?

Yes but let my dream of needing a core piece centreback outweigh the rationality of acknowledging the fact he left Canada at a year old ok

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

stab posted:

Yes but let my dream of needing a core piece centreback outweigh the rationality of acknowledging the fact he left Canada at a year old ok

Didn’t you start following footie a year or so ago?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
These Poles are soft.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Wales losing to a goal from an MLS striker. Bodes well for the World Cup.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Wales losing to a goal from an MLS striker. Bodes well for the World Cup.

Hopefully Cabango isn't playing in the tournament. We did alright considering half our first team was injured or suspended, and Bale was on the pitch.

We'll have a good squad for the next Euros if Page has the balls to cull the old guard after Qatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

was mostly watching the netherlands game in the background, but i go and check the scores and apparently turkey lost to faroe islands???