Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

After missing out last year, our Costco had the humongous 4 pound tin of Walker's shortbread available to purchase today. Christmas just gets earlier every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chicken bake

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Chic

Ken

Ba

Ke

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

those pendleton throw blankets came in the mail. they are nice, gonna put em to the test next time i watch ozark (tonight) or end up in the dog house and have to couch sleep (???).

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
the pet waterer seems decent, two for $25, I caved and bought it immediately because I've been thinking about getting something for my older cat anyway so he doesn't have to share with the dog. problem solved lol.

a couple years ago they had paulaner or hacker-pschorr oktoberfest and it was better than IHB/hofbrau, Paulaner is good (iirc) and hacker-pschorr was great (iirc), while I absolutely didn't like IHB/brauhaus's oktoberfest. hope they go back to one of the other brands this year but it's been a while. There's actually a lot of solid US ones too - Sierra Nevada's is solid, Bell's is reliable, etc... they could even do it regionally. Just do something good, the IBH sucks.

sadly I've become picky enough about beer that the 'co no longer does it for me... don't want to try something and feel like I've got to finish a bunch of beer that I don't like. I know with a lot of these samplers I'm gonna dislike half of it, not a fan of citra/mosaic/a couple of the other fruity hops (they can be good if they're done well but it's tough). Also, even with the single packs - while guinness is super popular, the nitro can and "draught can" are awful and weak, like it actually tastes watery. Maybe I just haven't had enough nitro stouts and that's normal, but, I much prefer the extra stout or export stout variants, even from guiness themselves. Kinda sucks the draught cans are the one the 'co carries, I'd pay more for extra or export stout in bottles.

Also glad/disappointed to see the butter loaf return. It vacuum packs well, reheat it and consume with kirkland super-premium vanilla ice cream to teleport 10 pounds into the future.

also a few weeks ago I went in to buy some thighs to make some curry chicken and lo and behold 95c a pound "meat district" prepped tandoori chicken from thighs. A blessing from the 'co. And they were hard carded well enough that you can cut them apart and freeze or sous vide them individually. A+ find that was there for like one day, I went back a couple 3 days later and it was gone. Sometimes they'll randomly have sliced chicken or turkey in unbranded packaging too and I assume that is similar "we got a run on something real cheap/this is leftovers from thanksgiving" stuff, first time I've seen it with the tandoori but it's decent.

praise be unto costco

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 22, 2022

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I went to a business center today for the first time ever and its was very cool but also very strange. no hot dog unfortunately because there wasnt a food court but they had deep fryers and bulk cigarettes which was a weird thing to see. i bought a giant bag of lollipops because why not? it was wild seeing all the candy they sell there, i legit felt like a kid going ohhhh!!! at the big containers of m&ms or giant boxes of airheads or whatever. also a poo poo ton of meat. goat cubes?? pbuc

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bulgogi Bake

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

the thing i really miss about seattle costco is that they had a really great beer selection and sold a lot of good craft beer.

my current costco's beer selection is not good and i hate it.

but i might pick up that oktoberfest beer if it's good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Bulgogi Bake

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

sadly I've become picky enough about beer that the 'co no longer does it for me... don't want to try something and feel like I've got to finish a bunch of beer that I don't like.

A while back I bought a mixed case of New Belgium IPAs with a lager thrown in as well. I didn't realize that all the IPAs had fruit flavoring added in, so they were all just a bit weird. Like they put in mango flavoring or passion fruit or whatever. The lager didn't do a whole lot for me but at least it was just beer. I wouldn't have bought all that if I had known beforehand so I know how you feel. I usually don't buy beer from Costco, and that experience makes me avoid it even more.

I saw Sam Adams Oktoberfest, I can't recall what other breweries they had last year or this year.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
costco has gotten me into yeungling. $20 for a 24pk, wheras a 24 of stella or modelo is like $30 lol

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Head Bee Guy posted:

costco has gotten me into yeungling. $20 for a 24pk, wheras a 24 of stella or modelo is like $30 lol

yeungling is hands down my favorite cheap beer. It's always a safe option if you're throwing a party and don't know everyone's tastes

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I have been drinking craft beer since the late 90s (referred to as microbrews back then), have been through every trend ever and nowadays I just buy 30 racks of Coors Light from Costco and call it a day. gently caress it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Barry posted:

I have been drinking craft beer since the late 90s (referred to as microbrews back then), have been through every trend ever and nowadays I just buy 30 racks of Coors Light from Costco and call it a day. gently caress it.

If you've completely given up on life like this, it's cheaper to just piss in your own mouth.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Coors Light is perfectly fine beer. It barely tastes like anything, and that's ok.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Have a little self-respect and drink Coors Banquet, at least!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Need a Venn diagram of people that buy Costco pants and also are arguing about their sensitive palate that cannot abide by domestic beers.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
miller high life : miller lite :: coors banquet : coors light

miller high life > coors banquet

miller lite > coors light

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Paulaner Märzen is a good pickup if you want a traditional Oktoberfest beer at Costco.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

luckily not a beer drinker, but im about to head down the kirkland route for my liquor because alcohol here is expensive as poo poo

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

esperantinc posted:

Have a little self-respect and drink Coors Banquet, at least!

Poopelyse posted:

miller high life : miller lite :: coors banquet : coors light

miller high life > coors banquet

miller lite > coors light

Generally agree but the Co doesn't seem to sell High Life, or at least not that I've seen. I think I like Coors Light a tad bit more than Miller Lite.

I don't just drink cheap American Adjunct Lagers but with the prices of beers these days (miss me with that $25+ hazy IPA 4 pack nonsense) I just find myself drinking the cheap stuff more often than not and having the occasional pint or two and to-go six pack at a brewpub or whatever.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I got a Paulaner assortment from Costco last week and it’s excellent. It’s six lagers, six hefe, six marzen, and six doublebock.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yuengling is owned by a MAGA wannabe fascist and is most likely the only beer you could buy at Costco that's produced without union labor so choke on your Yuengling, scabs.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Beer sales inside Costco is new in the past 5 years in Colorado. In the first six months, with a wide selection of local and localish beer. Local being independent and localish being formerly independent local beer like Breckenridge. I think it was 2 or 2 1/2 aisle sides.

By he end of the first year it was 1 side of an aisle and two are local and the rest (5?) are localish. I still pick up beer there for parties, it's better for me not to have 24 packs of beer at my disposal. Now if I want a beer on a Tuesday I have to pray for a leftover stashed in the back of the fridge.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Coors always ranked below crap like Busch Light or Old Milwaukee to my taste buds, only time I ever found it drinkable was on the brewery tour in Golden, CO on a 100+ degree day. I was a Pabst guy in my cheap beer days, but also switched to craft stuff in the late 90s. In the 20 years since then probably a dozen local breweries have popped up, and some killer local-ish regionals like Toppling Goliath, so I'd rather give money to them for a truly great beer. I drink fewer than 4 a week on average now, and I like to try new stuff, so the $15-25 4 packs are good for me.

Costco does have a decent Lagunitas IPA in stock most times, which is my keep on hand in the garage fridge beer (along with Miller High Life).

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Soul Dentist posted:

Yuengling is owned by a MAGA wannabe fascist and is most likely the only beer you could buy at Costco that's produced without union labor so choke on your Yuengling, scabs.

If you live in MN they carry Surly who busted their workers attempting to unionize.

I've been sticking to the Kirkland session IPA, p tasty for the price.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Soul Dentist posted:

:sigh:

I just want to enjoy things I like for once.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

speaking of beer, they had pallets of beer advent calendars right inside the entrance yesterday

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Barry posted:

Generally agree but the Co doesn't seem to sell High Life, or at least not that I've seen. I think I like Coors Light a tad bit more than Miller Lite.

I don't just drink cheap American Adjunct Lagers but with the prices of beers these days (miss me with that $25+ hazy IPA 4 pack nonsense) I just find myself drinking the cheap stuff more often than not and having the occasional pint or two and to-go six pack at a brewpub or whatever.

i never seem to find good deals on beer at costco... usually $24+ for a 24 pack for non-cheapo beer. for cheapo beer, I can't justify buying a giant 30 rack (or bigger!) like I'm in college. usually ralphs has good sales on high life.

we did buy all the beer for our wedding at costco. filled one of the flatbeds with boxes of Kona, Corona, Coors, and lotsa wine. PBUC

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo’s cheap ball launcher broke this morning, so I swung by church for gas and to get the ball launcher they sell. On close out for $12, so I bought two.

He approves, though you gotta be careful with the power - way too easy to lose one across a fence line.

After a month on the dog food I am a fan, he has significantly better poop now compared to the previous brand.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I just got gas at church and witnessed a funny interaction

I get in line and see in the line next to mine the farther car finishes up and drives off. The closer car driver is already out and has the nozzle in his hand, opening his gas cap. The lady in the car next in his line leans out and is like "uh hello can you pull forward??" to the closer car driver, now with his gas cap open and about to fill looks down at the nozzle in his hand then back at her and it's like "uhh not really?"

The woman looks irritated and rolls up her window while the guy starts filling his car... and the lady just sits there. Doesn't pull forward to the open filing station, which she can get to, just sits in her car. The guy filling up looks at that empty spot then back at her and it's like "you can pull forward...?" but she doesn't hear him cause her windows are rolled up. :psyduck:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

speaking of beer, they had pallets of beer advent calendars right inside the entrance yesterday

Do you go to the Kenosha one?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Saw a bunch of those Disney castles and thought of this thread

not sure I'd want one, but they're out there, at least. good luck to finding one at your local

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 23, 2022

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Those things are terrible. There's only like 3 of them in there are decent and the rest are total garbage. I like the idea of a beer advent calendar, but don't waste your money on this one.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It's not even october! Why are you buying a perishable advent calendar now?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Gas prices popped off this week due to the refineries closing from the hurricane in the gulf coast. Luckily I filled up at church when prices were $3.99 here :blastu:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Jingleheimer posted:

Those things are terrible. There's only like 3 of them in there are decent and the rest are total garbage. I like the idea of a beer advent calendar, but don't waste your money on this one.

If you like German beer they're great. A lot of the beers are pretty similar (lots of helles usually), but they're mostly really tasty.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Shear Modulus posted:

It's not even october! Why are you buying a perishable advent calendar now?

Beer isn't very perishable as long as you keep it out of sunlight, and it'll definitely last the three months until Christmas. That's kinda the point of beer.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dxt posted:

If you like German beer they're great. A lot of the beers are pretty similar (lots of helles usually), but they're mostly really tasty.

I got one from a friend two years ago, I'd agree here. It's worth doing once, especially if you like German style beers, but not something I want to do again honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Are the Kirkland Signature soups good? I want to get the Broccoli Cheddar and Chicken Tortilla unless they’re cheap and bland.