Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Shout out to the great, uhhhhhhh, Willie Fistagash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Chicken Butt posted:

Shout out to the great, uhhhhhhh, Willie Fistagash

Reminds me when I spent WAY too much time transcribing the great Riley shout out bit...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Yeah.... Uh.... Yeah yeah, giving a shout out... Yeah, shout out here, uhh to uhhh... Andre... Vivian, his lovely mom Vivian. Laquisha Barnes, out of Tarboro, North Carolina. The great Kenna Hotea, Elana Gr....Elana Grace France, in Reno, Nevada, Tom Hoffman, and his little dog EMburrrrr in Chantilly, Virginia, uhhhhhhhhhhh... Jeff and Patty CONNECTION, out in Reno Nevada, and his lovely mom Grace down in Virginia... "

"... in Qualicum Beach county. Dave Wolfe and Nick Wood wrote a book called Amazing Grace, in which I'm mentioned prominently. Go to uhhh 'Success', it's a marvelous book.... "

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Did Eric ask to stay at the lake house, or did his parents just move him out there? I genuinely felt bad about how isolated he was and how Jawnnn was basically the only person he saw most days.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Eric asked to stay. He wanted independence. He would always get upset because when stories about him would reach his clearly very conservative parents, they would always threaten to kick him out and move him home.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

His parents sound like real ayeholes. God forbid your child who has an incredibly difficult and debilitating disability, along with an extremely short lifespan, has some fun )even if it is Stern Show Fun).

haljordan fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 22, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

His parents sound like real ayeholes. God forbid your child who has an incredibly difficult and debilitating disability, along with an extremely short lifespan, has some fun )even if it is Stern Show Fun).

Exactly. Of course, we all only heard Eric's side of the whole thing.

I wonder if, at any time, Eric's parents had contact with the staff on the show, or Howard himself, and it just wasn't brought up to the audience.

Love him or hate him, Eric was the last 'classic' part of the show.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Exactly. Of course, we all only heard Eric's side of the whole thing.

I wonder if, at any time, Eric's parents had contact with the staff on the show, or Howard himself, and it just wasn't brought up to the audience.

Love him or hate him, Eric was the last 'classic' part of the show.

His steadfast refusal to offer gratitude for literally ANYTHING the show did for him makes me grin like a motherfucker to this day. RIP to a true titan.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

The times when Eric and Ralph were on the phone lines with each other were the only times I found Ralph funny. Somehow those two were magic together.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I think they did to a very limited extent. At the very least they had a direct line to his live-in nurse who was in contact with the family. They wanted nothing to do with the show and even after his death effectively just said "thank you and leave us alone" and Howard or the show made a nice donation in his name to medical research.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Reminds me when I spent WAY too much time transcribing the great Riley shout out bit...

Is there a Riley saga pack anywhere or has anyone even bothered? Just tell me if there is one and I'll find it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Is there a Riley saga pack anywhere or has anyone even bothered? Just tell me if there is one and I'll find it.

Uhhhh... Look here motherfucker.

clambake
Aug 30, 2007

"He's a bit of a.... stickler for.... mile.... age".

“My dad’s a bit of a ‘mileage nazi’ with this van. Driving would be ok, but we’d somehow have to avoid using the van that we’ve got.”

I didn't put in the pauses. True fans can't read this without hearing them.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Bonzo posted:

there is

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Last Chance posted:

Uhhh... bitch... bitch I have never BEGGED... in my LIFE.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I like how instead of using the four seasons or any major holidays, Tim Sabean's calendar was centered around Riley's contract negotiations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Last Chance posted:

uhhhhh

huh?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
this is apparently eric's dad. he looks exactly like the kinda guy who would be a stickler for mileage on the car

imagine being insanely religious and god-fearing and then your handicapped son is on the most popular radio show in the world talking about loving hookers at the bunny ranch lol. to be honest I can kinda understand why they weren't thrilled

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Ok, this here made me genuinely :lol:, good job.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the todd packer set has 30 hours of riley

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

WHAT WAS YOUR DIAGNOSIS?

barnold posted:

the todd packer set has 30 hours of riley

I did not know this exists, but I can say that using a very, very popular search engine I was able to download this quickly.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 23, 2022

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Lifespan posted:

I did not know this exists, but I can say that using a very, very popular search engine I was able to download this quickly.

Is it the complete version though? You can tell if it's the incomplete version if the Scott the Engineer packs are oddly numbered (there are like two ones and it goes straight to five).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Is it the complete version though? You can tell if it's the incomplete version if the Scott the Engineer packs are oddly numbered (there are like two ones and it goes straight to five).

You are correct. It does have that gap. Is the 64.1GB archive incomplete? How big is the full version?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

regardless of which version you have, there are only 4 riley parts no matter which one you've got. it's almost impossible to actually get the entire todd packer collection in its original ~130GB form so unless someone's got it up in a dark corner of the internet, you just gotta make do with whatcha got

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

barnold posted:

this is apparently eric's dad.

imagine being insanely religious and god-fearing ...

Did Eric disclose that his parents and/or dad specifically were "insanely religious"? I've listened to the entirety of the clip pack and I don't remember that.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Sand Monster posted:

Did Eric disclose that his parents and/or dad specifically were "insanely religious"? I've listened to the entirety of the clip pack and I don't remember that.

I recall a few conversations about why Eric wasnt aborted and I think he mentioned how his parents were very religious so that would not have been an option for them

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

afaik it's pretty common knowledge that his parents are religious, and I believe Jon talked about it briefly in one of the interviews or calls he had after Eric's passing. i don't have an exact day or show to link you to, but you see it all over the internet. and why would people go on the internet just to say lies?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

barnold posted:

afaik it's pretty common knowledge that his parents are religious, and I believe Jon talked about it briefly in one of the interviews or calls he had after Eric's passing. i don't have an exact day or show to link you to, but you see it all over the internet. and why would people go on the internet just to say lies?

I'm not claiming you're wrong, I just didn't recall it. I do remember Eric saying that his dad was an ex-cop and it definitely sounded like he was the "good ol' boy" type which is likely why Eric was (at least initially) so homophobic.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

His Dad was a high ranking police officer too. I have no doubt in my mind that Eric would have been 100% behind Trump, Back the Blue, and all the other bullshit associated with it. Which is hilarious because I'm pretty sure Eric would have died if he got Covid and yet would have been an anti-mask guy just because some WWE talent said so.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Every once in a while, I think about how insanely long Eric lived. He literally lived double his life expectancy. Imagine someone living like 170 years old. That would be...interesting, awesome if we were lucky.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Did Riley ever say what he thought a fair salary for his show was?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
$1M. He said if Howard is getting $500M (he wasn't), giving him 1/500th of that for the "huge audience" he is bring in to Sirius is a bargain. ...Then he would take $200 a show.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lifespan posted:

$1M. He said if Howard is getting $500M (he wasn't), giving him 1/500th of that for the "huge audience" he is bring in to Sirius is a bargain. ...Then he would take $200 a show.

Simply stunning.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Wasn't Riley's show one of the most popular on the channel? I think he deserved it.

Either that or Tim Sabean was one of the Skreed and attempted to prevent Riley from spreading his teachings about the Targzishians.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If it can be eaten by man, it can be poo poo out by man.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

If Riley had just held on, he'd be bigger than Q

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Would he have adopted Q because it is bullshit conspiracy stuff or we would he hate it because it would be taking attention away from his bullshit and is very right leaning which he clearly was not? I think the later, but who knows.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

o-Qua tangin wann

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Riley deserved at least $1,000,000 a year

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Last Chance posted:

o-Qua tangin wann

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Zoben posted:

Riley deserved at least $1,000,000 a year

You totally would have made it on the air and could have used it to take a shot at Eeron.