Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

new thread ik has a strong anti-dog policy, will murder any dogs encountered, confirmed pro-cat

this is stealth islamisation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqV6F-T92AQ

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

new thread ik has a strong anti-dog policy, will murder any dogs encountered, confirmed pro-cat

Lortene ind i hundene, hundene ind i bilerne, bilerne ud af byen!

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

V. Illych L. posted:

seems more like stealth c-spamification to me

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Det ville jo vært helt skandinavisk å få en smørmoderator.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Alhazred posted:

Det ville jo vært helt skandinavisk å få en smørmoderator.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
My wife, who is from Croatia, is utterly flabbergasted at my insistence of putting butter in my pasta.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Put some butter in your coffee, see how she reacts

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Rappaport posted:

Put some butter in your coffee, see how she reacts

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Rappaport posted:

Put some butter cheese in your coffee, see how she reacts

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Ah kahvijuusto

It's good

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/ekonomi/historiskt-hog-hyreshojning-kan-vanta

The landlords say they need to raise rents by 20-25% but out of the goodness of their hearts they'll settle for just 10%.

Vultures.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

anatomi posted:

The landlords say they need to raise rents by 20-25% but out of the goodness of their hearts they'll settle for just 10%.

Vultures.

Twitter is all "This is hyrestgästföreningens fault for backing Sossarna and their policies"

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Rent increases are probably gonna be 3-4% next year. They talk big but their expenses don't exactly follow the regular KPI and they need to show some receipts for the negotiations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

anatomi posted:

Vultures.

We need to organize free guillotine building classes for the masses.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Make your coffee into salt water and see how your mouth reacts.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
If you put salt in coffee it becomes less bitter when I tried doing it. But I like the bitter flavour. It's also why I don't like Swedish coffee, it's too darkly roasted, which makes it less bitter. I prefer the lighest roast possible. This also gives you more coffeine.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’d kill for a wider variety of blonde roasts here. Like, coffee doesn’t need to be utilitarian y’know. You are allowed to enjoy things for the sake of pleasure. Ain’t no law against it

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Look for finnish coffee, Juhla Mokka, Kulta Katrina are my goto brands.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Dark roast is good if you want to get your shits flowing.

:sludgepal:
..:yosbutt:

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Dark roast is good if you want to get your shits flowing.

:sludgepal:
..:yosbutt:

Only roast for me, if you know what I mean!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

I’d kill for a wider variety of blonde roasts here. Like, coffee doesn’t need to be utilitarian y’know. You are allowed to enjoy things for the sake of pleasure. Ain’t no law against it

There are plenty, but you have to go to coffee shops or specific online retailers. And pay much more than the 40 sek for the charred wood chips sold at ICA.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Potrzebie posted:

40 sek for the charred wood chips sold at ICA.

Those are expensive enough for me, since I use about 500 grams of beans a week.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
er massevis av lysbrent kaffe i skandinavia, men koster deg gjerne 4x

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Priset är sjukt som fan för det mesta i Finland nu också men ibland kommer det till specialpris runt 35-40kr paketet. Brukade vara normalpriset förr...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m sure the solution to this will, somehow, be marknadshyror, to really twist the knife just that extra little bit.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
It's not real coffee unless it comes from an offentligt upphandlad selectaautomat and tastes like charcoal and crushed career dreams

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the best coffee is weird sludge which comes from big tanks that someone brewed up in the office and has brought to [outdoor event] and tastes inexplicably of iron

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Is Ulf statsminister yet, or what's going on?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Feliday Melody posted:

Is Ulf statsminister yet, or what's going on?

A new government is a couple of weeks out according to Ulf today.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/snabbkollen/kristersson-ny-regering-inom-nagra-veckor

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

david_a posted:

A new government is a couple of weeks out according to Ulf today.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/snabbkollen/kristersson-ny-regering-inom-nagra-veckor

Is it safe to say that he has already made a deal with SD? I mean, he already started paying them right?

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 27, 2022

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

teachers strike is over now i guess but im not sure i get it. if you're just going to obediently go back to work because the government said so, as they inevitably were, what was the point of striking in the first place?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I don’t know the specifics of the norwegian teachers strike, but in the scandinavian (big public sector, consensus-oriented) labour market models, aside from the ‘make things better right now’ reason, there are quite a few different reasons for labour action, especially for public sector employees. Including focusing on more long term, strategic, goals. We’re seeing the potential rewards of that strategy right now in Denmark for example. Expressing that the discontent is tangible and real within your group, positioning yourself as a group that in particular needs help in the public discourse, extracting minor victories/concessions to build on, and so on. It also has the effect signaling to both employers and politicians, even if employers can do anything, (some) politicians see an opportunity give/get support from that particular group.

Public sector union, in particular, have their ‘strike weapon’ blunted, because it doesn’t have the same purpose as it does in the private sector (inflict economic damage, until demands are met), so it has to be used differently.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

i guess so, but from a semi-outside perspective none of that stuff seems to manifest. the big nurses strike that ended the same way was years ago now, with no noticable results. maybe big things happen behind the scenes for all i know? doesn't feel like it though

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Crespolini posted:

teachers strike is over now i guess but im not sure i get it. if you're just going to obediently go back to work because the government said so, as they inevitably were, what was the point of striking in the first place?

The result of this will be that a lot of teachers will not go back to work.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's a win/win situation. The people that actually matter won't have to allocate bigger budgets towards education AND they get to reap the benefits of a more poorly educated populace.

It's all positives all around.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Feliday Melody posted:

Is it safe to say that he has already made a deal with SD? I mean, he already started paying them right?

Yes he gave them half of the utskotts, probably in exchange for getting the green light for a KD-M government.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

lilljonas posted:

Yes he gave them half of the utskotts, probably in exchange for getting the green light for a KD-M government.

He'll still need their votes to pass any policies for the next 4 years, so he'll no doubt keep paying for this.

I want to say that this will hurt M in the next election, but the lost voters will just move to C instead so in practise it won't make a difference.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Feliday Melody posted:

He'll still need their votes to pass any policies for the next 4 years, so he'll no doubt keep paying for this.

I want to say that this will hurt M in the next election, but the lost voters will just move to C instead so in practise it won't make a difference.

Yeah Ulf's going to have to pay out his rear end for a long time. There's also the nuclear option that at any point where Sd wants to force through something that KD-L-M don't like, if they can get just S onside they can ram ANYTHING through as they together have a majority of seats. And Sd still has a few things on their official policy list that they borrowed from S and even V to become more popular among lower income earners that are unthinkable for M and KD. This makes Ulf an even weaker PM and will make budget discussions a nightmare.

i.e. watch a M led government push through the free dental care policy of V that S thought was too radical to touch, since it was a prevalent valfläsk for SD voters. I'm not promising anything, but things are primed for a bit of a circus the coming years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Crespolini posted:

i guess so, but from a semi-outside perspective none of that stuff seems to manifest. the big nurses strike that ended the same way was years ago now, with no noticable results. maybe big things happen behind the scenes for all i know? doesn't feel like it though

The only loving school the government cares about is the vaunted "Oslo school" which is much better at both attracting and retaining teachers, has a lot of resources (and still distributes those extremely unevenly between the good and the... less good public schools, especially the vocational schools) and unlike teachers' unions in the rest of the country were not placed under KS (the municipal system of employment), partly due to Oslo municipality's special snowflake status. Teacher unions in Oslo reached an agreement with their employers pretty early in the strike, not elsewhere. KS's basic argument throughout the whole thing has been that there was an understanding that healthcare workers would be prioritized in the most recent budgets, so teachers (and many other public employees) got much less of an increase from that meager pot than they would have preferred.

Then there's the many problems that exist with the school and being a teacher aside from not having wages comparable to many other vocations with a similarly long education, made perhaps more aggravating after the previous right-wing government decided that the solution to the perceived prestige problem of the teacher vocation was to now require everyone entering pedagogical programs to have a masters' degree. Although there is not a shortage of teachers being educated in Norway on a national basis, many who receive the education do not end up working in the profession and many who start working as teachers find themselves quitting within a year*, many young teachers aren't especially keen on working outside of the big cities, and the benefits for doing so simply aren't enticing enough in most cases (hell, outside of northern norway, you'll earn more and have a better workplace in Oslo than in a large district school). What ends up happening is that schools (again particularly in the districts, but its prevalent in the cities as well, like Bergen) are employing, either as substitutes or full employees on temp contracts alot of people without the full education as teachers, simply because they have to find someone to fill the schedule.

I don't know there's a lot of bullshit and throughout it all the media and KS have held students' mental health over teachers as a loving sword of damocles, like it feels like it's been a concerted effort to shame teachers to abandon the strike and force the government to intervene. It just loving sucks.

*often cited are not being prepared for the actual practical work tasks that you are put into from day 1, ever-increasing and changing demands from the curriculum without really receiving much in the way of means to teach it, especially "digital skills" which I find are often very vaguely defined in what they are comprised of how they should be taught, yet it's a part of the curriculum in many subjects now. There's a greater focus on individualized follow-up of students, again without much training or instruction on how this is to be done. Often worst of all there is not nearly enough time in the schedule for many schools for teachers teaching the same subjects or the same classes/groups to meet and talk, unless they do so individually on their own time and initiative, which probably could have sorted out many of these uncertainties. The most you'll often get is 1 or 2 hours per week with messages from the administration and some rather surface level talks with others who teach the same types of subjects.