Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Endorph posted:

to be fair you get the latter with poo poo like the zakrello. in the back half of 0079 zeon gets a real obsession with wunderwaffe.

Don't you be talking poo poo about my friend the Zakrello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Vizuyos posted:

It's more meant to evoke mid-to-late WWII, when the Nazi higher-ups saw the tide turning against them and were getting increasingly obsessed with inventing high-tech superweapons that would bring back their early-war dominance.

Some of them were actually effective enough in combat to be worth it (most weren't), but by then Nazi industry and infrastructure were far too strained by the demands of war to introduce new models in meaningful numbers, and the factories and development centers were seriously threatened by advancing Allied troops, so many of these projects never made it beyond the prototype phase. You really could find a bunch of prototype tanks and fighters scattered around the German countryside if you knew where to look, though usually the scientists and test pilots just ran away instead of dragging the prototypes into last-ditch battles like you'd see in Gundam.

I believe the military industrial complex here is Anaheim electronics/every mobile suit manufacturer in any show that isn't set during the one year war

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

to be fair you get the latter with poo poo like the zakrello. in the back half of 0079 zeon gets a real obsession with wunderwaffe.

The zudah comes to mind too

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

The zudah comes to mind too

The Zudah is a very pure example, distilled by being in the explicitly Nazi Zeon apologia entry of the franchise.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Zaku II Ranged is such a lil stinker

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Zaku is the scout from tf2 and I love it for that

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am at work but I am looking forward to playing this and hopping into the Guntank so I can kill Ryu over and over again. :unsmigghh:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
When keeping it Barbatos goes wrong
https://i.imgur.com/DxZ7wE5.mp4

Big guntank ult
https://i.imgur.com/DfsWY34.mp4

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Diephoon posted:

When keeping it Barbatos goes wrong

I had a game on that map yesterday as Zaku II where I bumped Barbatos off the edge twice. Once on the OBJ with the hole in the center too lol

It was very cathartic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I am at work but I am looking forward to playing this and hopping into the Guntank so I can kill Ryu over and over again. :unsmigghh:

It's pretty funny to hear someone over discord shout "I just got Ryu Jose'd!"

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So I encountered this MVP animation last night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vIJAe2cVE

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see this anywhere in the customization???

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress i want that animation that rules

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
that is terrific

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Game... owns

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Forget Asshimar, Guntank new best friend. First game...35 kills and my first MvP lmao

kater
Nov 16, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Same

What makes the Asshimar good because I tried piloting it and it felt like poo poo

Play it on an outdoor map. The domination map is absurd.

Also unlike the mercybot you can use any skill to exit flight immediately also you can keep hovering while shooting it's just so loving good.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Revitalized posted:

So I encountered this MVP animation last night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vIJAe2cVE

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see this anywhere in the customization???

:eyepop: that rules

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the turn a is so loving threatening to be anywhere near as any of the mobile back-line harassment robots, but lmao does playing as the turn a make it feel like a garbage robot

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if you jump out of a match where you had a leaver, you can't queue for another until that one's done? if that's what "without penalty" means, they must uninstall the whole thing if you leave in the middle of a game

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

grieving for Gandalf posted:

if you jump out of a match where you had a leaver, you can't queue for another until that one's done? if that's what "without penalty" means, they must uninstall the whole thing if you leave in the middle of a game

For the record, unless they've changed it since the network test; doing this will still negatively impact you in ranked, as will losing the match. So having a quitter on your team just fucks you over over no matter what.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

For the record, unless they've changed it since the network test; doing this will still negatively impact you in ranked, as will losing the match. So having a quitter on your team just fucks you over over no matter what.

lol i'm working on getting to 20 still but jesus christ. why didn't they fix that in the months between the betas and now

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I did notice that when enough people left (2 or 3 people?) if you're still in the game, it just ends the game. I'm not sure if you still receive the penalty after that.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah I don't think I've ever lost a game because someone quit. Every time I've seen ppl quit, either on my team or the other sode, the game flashes a warning and ends the match?!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I thought the no penalty just means they won’t judge you for losing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nuebot posted:

They don't appear to have meaningfully changed or fixed anything at all

Also lol the game barely even plays animations sometimes. A Barbatos killed me by walking past, 1200 to 0 in a fraction of a second, no action taken

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
this is kind of cool but it crashes after every single match and whenever i use the chat so im done for now.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

RBA Starblade posted:

They don't appear to have meaningfully changed or fixed anything at all

Also lol the game barely even plays animations sometimes. A Barbatos killed me by walking past, 1200 to 0 in a fraction of a second, no action taken

That's actually the Barbatos working as intended.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MON0EYE/status/1561023251660345347?s=20&t=ddWmFHlMfdmX6N7CPIokxQ

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Maybe I'm extremely boring but I love the Zaku II and GM and theyre both really good in this game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can confirm this in MBON and Evo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hey the Zaku II was meant to be a front line fighter, I'm just following canon.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

I feel this in my bones

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I just found out you can sprint backwards (not dash, sprint)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I need to remap that key tapping shift so much is giving me a cramp

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I keep hitting my capslock key by mistake.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Does this game have any sort of MMR with casual play? Just got pushed back to spawn in a few of the games I have played, which isn't very fun.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DropTheAnvil posted:

Does this game have any sort of MMR with casual play? Just got pushed back to spawn in a few of the games I have played, which isn't very fun.

Not entirely sure but I was running into names I recognized from the network test

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah I played for 2 hours and every single match was my team getting stomped. Maybe I'll play this later

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I'm dumb as gently caress and cannot for the life of me understand how to unlock the locked mechs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

DropTheAnvil posted:

I'm not sure, but I did win my first four games in a row followed by losing my next four games in a row. Could just be luck of the draw though.

Overall, the game is just okay. I was expecting movement to be about twice as fast as it is with the gundams really just flying all over the place. Instead it's a lot of peaking in and out of cover to take pot shots at people, because if you try to get in the poo poo, you die really fast. It would have been really cool to have some zero-g maps in space, but obviously that doesn't look like it's going to be possible at all with the way it's set up. Also, the revive timer should last as long as the respawn timer. It's like three seconds right now which just isn't enough.