Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, jumped back into Cyberpunk on PC for an hour tonight after playing like two hours of it back in July. This time I was getting a weird issue where the game would run great 98% of the time but sometimes when I left a menu the game would hiccup and lag for a bit before resuming properly. I updated my display drivers though, so hopefully that's fixed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

matthewmatosis lives!

kill him again

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

HZD’s main story is short enough that you can rush through it pretty quick and it’s pretty good! Same with GoW’18. Fun enough to breeze through before getting onto the sequel.

wasn’t the updated Witcher 3 supposed to be like, out a year ago

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 23, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Me watching his ds2 enemy tracking video :yeshaha:

Me watching his why is there no nword in bioshock video :yikes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xbK-kYqRY

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Real hurthling! posted:

Me watching his ds2 enemy tracking video :yeshaha:

Me watching his why is there no nword in bioshock video :yikes:

wait wtf

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

youtubers: not even once

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

wait wtf

2013, the year that changed video games forever

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

lmao

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arist posted:

Anyway, jumped back into Cyberpunk on PC for an hour tonight after playing like two hours of it back in July. This time I was getting a weird issue where the game would run great 98% of the time but sometimes when I left a menu the game would hiccup and lag for a bit before resuming properly. I updated my display drivers though, so hopefully that's fixed now.

it's a bug they introduced in 1.5. I thought it was supposed to have been fixed but I'm still getting it in 1.6, but it does seem rarer. Iirc, it's related to DLSS.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

if Bowser can say it why can’t John Bioshock

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Wow that Matthew mattosis bioshock infinite review sure is… something. Aside from him dropping the n bomb several times, he also complains about the lack of slaves getting beaten or raped by their masters for ‘not doing a good enough job’.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

binfinite, a game for all seasons

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m getting to ships in Hardspace now that are actually quite tough nuts to crack. Like, I started this ship covered in lights and big pusher haulers and by the time my first day got to its last 5 minutes was only really ready to yank the core. I’d been having to spend so much time just figuring out how to start separating the layers! And now getting into these big engine nacelles is crazy.

My favorite thing is getting a ship totally dismantled but having the entire inner skeleton in one big long piece and tethering that whole drat thing into the incinerator at once.

I guess one might say I am extremely Hard, for Hardspace.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it's fun as hell. But I wish there was a way to raise the 15 minute limit (don't tell me if there is later, I'm only grade 10 or so)

You never forget the first time you make a cut and it turns out there was a fuel tank directly behind the cut point

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

:ferrari:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

beat micolash and nightmare of mensis. i fudged up and only got two umbilical cords so i cant fight the real last boss but thats ok

i decided to go into the dlc and gently caress around there for a bit. not sure i have enough in me to do the whole thing, but i might as well give ludwig another try now that ive gotten gooder at these games.

i miiight go back to sekiro again after this, which i only played like 2 or 3 actual hours of when i tried it like two months ago. i might be fromsoft'd out tho and will need a change of pace tho maybe.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

can’t wait to not watch it!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

MechaSeinfeld posted:

wasn’t the updated Witcher 3 supposed to be like, out a year ago

Yeah but when has CDPR ever met a deadline?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I cannot loving figure out what store item lets me upgrade PS4 Tsushima to PS5 DC Tsushima. Also why is Returnal $125 kangaroo dollars

Other than that PS5 is pretty good I guess

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I cannot loving figure out what store item lets me upgrade PS4 Tsushima to PS5 DC Tsushima. Also why is Returnal $125 kangaroo dollars

Other than that PS5 is pretty good I guess

Grab returnal for $50-70 online elsewhere. I think ghost of Tsushima has the upgrade option if you put the disc in or download it again. It's a bit of a fuckaround.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Brightman posted:

The first Witcher game isn't as bad as people make it out to be, it's still rough but the writing and quest structure is still far above some of the poo poo we're getting today. I played through it two years ago and loved it, honestly having a harder time getting through 2 but that could be attributed to back log woes.

Also seconding what was said about being able to build up a motion sickness tolerance in VR. It's very much a YMMV kinda thing, I never had much of an issue but playing something like Sairento out the gate where you're wall running into backflips and such was problematic at first. Eventually if you keep at it almost nothing will faze you, unless you have a serious motion sickness problem in general I guess.

the first witcher game is great if you A: ignore the janky and B: have never read the books lol

thats the biggest issue for me and i used to love it. (first exposure to the series) i drink jank for breakfast and the last time i went through it (after i read all the books back to back) i used a steam controller and had this insane config going that somehow worked but you needed a phd to understand it (which excludes me)

but man, the story loving sucks cos its all just the biggest hits of the book retweeked for the game and mainly is there for the build your own witcher character that was the original main character until they put geralt in instead at the last minute. i think the big thing with the grand master and the quest structure of the chapters is still good tho but lol at them just rehashing the books wholesale. really soured me that last playthrough. where as, witcher 2 and 3, man those really decided to pick up on Andrzej Sapkowski plot threads he decided to ignore cos "i was only paid for 5 books, gently caress doing anymore, im ending this poo poo abruptly" and were good, 3 great and surpassing too.

AND WHILE IM HERE

i dont give a gently caress what anyone says, SEASON 2 of the show is, 100% objectively BETTER THAN THE BORING rear end BLOOD OF ELVES IT IS BASED ON and they didnt even have the ending of the book yet (the only good bit of the book, i think thats early season 3 cos the first half of times of contempt is boring as gently caress too). nothing loving happens in the book, its why they changed it and added poo poo cos otherwise the season would just be geralt going "hmm, maybe we should train ciri" "maybe i should gently caress triss" and nothing else.

season 3 the first half is gonna be the same fyi and if they get to season 4, baptism of fire and then season 5 and 6 oh boy oh boy oh boy this is when poo poo gets good. milva, regis <3

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 23, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 42 minutes!

Escobarbarian posted:

kill him again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
housemate playing Ace Combat 7 here, skipping all the cutscenes and then asking me “what’s going on?!”
hate to see it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

killed my brothers n64 this way. no regrets.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lol imagine if you were a company who made consoles and you owned the perfect dark IP lol imagine what you could do with that in the past 22 years. lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

JBP posted:

Grab returnal for $50-70 online elsewhere. I think ghost of Tsushima has the upgrade option if you put the disc in or download it again. It's a bit of a fuckaround.

Yeah I'll have to keep an eye out because I'm sure it's fuckin awesome but also wow, no

as for Sushi Ghost, I popped it in and tried and it just points me to the uh, expensive DC bundle. Booting the game and looking at the title screen there's a "you can upgrade" button but pressing it just says "go to the store and upgrade". One of the DLC item might be it, or it might just be the DC upgrade for PS4, it's impossible to tell! This sucks, Sony!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

imagine if you were a company

Dumb Shithead LLC.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Got a new avatar for Veeg:
https://twitter.com/UchiVsTheWorld/status/1573004899138392064?t=jXxkZiXdHkgkdiz9FgAOuQ&s=19

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

housemate playing Ace Combat 7 here, skipping all the cutscenes and then asking me “what’s going on?!”
hate to see it

:thermidor:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

killed my brothers n64 this way. no regrets.

n-bomb, the hot new thing on the market that white people are dying to use but can't bear to hear

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Finished Saga Frontier Remastered.

It's kinda wild to me that this game even got a remaster, I mean honesty who even asked for this? Anyway, I'm glad they did and got what they asked for cuz it was delightful to revisit this game and actually give it a fair shake for a change.

I remember getting this game back when it came out purely on the basis that it was a square rpg and they could not ever possibly release a bad game. Tho like a lot of ppl I'm sure I was very puzzled by what i was presented with and shelved it soon after without ever making much headway.

Fast forward to today and equipped with an adult sized baby brain (instead of a baby sized baby brain) and the copious amount of information written about this game in the intervening years, and the merciful new game + system, i was able to confidently approach this mystery box and instead of deftly opening its mechanisms, I smashed it to pieces to have a look at what was inside.

It's a really bare bones game. Once you know what you're doing each scenario only takes a few hours max to complete, the sidequests are accomplished in minutes. Each run boils down to quickly assembling your characters, acquiring their spells and beefing their stats to kill the final boss. Part of me feels like the deliberate lack of information on game mechanics is sort of a con to pad the game out, that the exploration and experimentation is the actual meat of the game, but the game world is small with only a handful of areas, a lot of them only relevant in certain scenarios that I feel spending too much time in this game will quickly wear it out. I dont know if the game is successful in this regard, as it certainly put me off the first time around.

The game world itself, thematically however, is quite compelling and here I feel the lack of information is in good service of the game. Most of the games plot and locations are presented as is without any explanation to the player. What exactly are regions and why are they so different? How do you travel between them and where are you going when you do? They feel like different planets but are they? It makes me think of Disco Elysium's "islas". All these questions remain unanswered to the player leaving us to ponder the nature of this peculiar world.

A strange and experimental game, not without its issues of course but certainly one worth revisiting especially if your first attempt was stymied by its idiosyncrasies. Im grateful for this remaster as its helped change my impressions of this game from a negative one to a positive one.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah I'll have to keep an eye out because I'm sure it's fuckin awesome but also wow, no

as for Sushi Ghost, I popped it in and tried and it just points me to the uh, expensive DC bundle. Booting the game and looking at the title screen there's a "you can upgrade" button but pressing it just says "go to the store and upgrade". One of the DLC item might be it, or it might just be the DC upgrade for PS4, it's impossible to tell! This sucks, Sony!

You can't get the ps5 upgrade for free, or without also purchasing the dlc iirc. you can only get the dlc + ps5 upgrade together, for like an extra £10/15.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Perfect Element posted:

You can't get the ps5 upgrade for free, or without also purchasing the dlc iirc. you can only get the dlc + ps5 upgrade together, for like an extra £10/15.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

No, I know it's a paid upgrade which is..fine (ish) it's just completely nebulous what I'm supposed to do to get it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

kirbysuperstar posted:

No, I know it's a paid upgrade which is..fine (ish) it's just completely nebulous what I'm supposed to do to get it

You go to the game, hit the three dots icon next to play game and it should have the director's cut/upgrade in there

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah it isn’t free and it’s only available as the directors cut edition. If you go to the directors cut edition in the store then click on the … thing next to the buy button you should get a select version option which will have the discounted option listed in it.

E:fb

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah that's the thing, it doesn't. It shows the $125 PS5 game ($86 because of the sale I guess), in the dots menu there's the PS Plus edition, Legends and the Bonus Content, nothing else.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is your PS4 version from the same region as your PSN account?

With the disc in the console the store should detect it and offer you the discounted option, but if the disc is from another region it won’t do poo poo.

People have had issues before with games bought from Amazon for example because resellers are just sending copies from wherever the gently caress since all the consoles are region free, and unless there’s something wild on the cover like a totally foreign language people don’t even realise.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

today I discovered that the Nomai are flushing toilets to launch stuff into space, and I think this is how Buenos Aires got blowed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKkSKInQ43w&t=7s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Dumb Shithead LLC.

are you hiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is your PS4 version from the same region as your PSN account?

It's an AU copy on an AU account, yea